Oppo Camp Other Club News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Some of our fans suggest Bucks could replace Simmo. Thoughts on Buckley as a potential replace coach for us should he want to relocate to Perth?

Would he be a good option for us or they are better candidates?

Our first choices from the looks of it are mainly ex Eagles players.
  • Dean Cox
  • Ashley Hansen
  • Jaymie Graham

Some of our fans suggest Bucks could replace Simmo. Thoughts on Buckley as a potential replace coach for us should he want to relocate to Perth?

• Dean Cox
  • Ashley Hansen
  • Jaymie Graham
Eeek. Can't imagine him wanting to coach the side which beat us in a GF he was the coach for.

Eeek. Can't imagine him wanting to coach the side which beat us in a GF he was the coach for.
I wouldn’t be surprised if Bucks coaches again. A big club like West Coast would be a great opportunity.

• Dean Cox
  • Ashley Hansen
  • Jaymie Graham
Australia would look odd if WA started to lose its shape

I wouldn’t be surprised if Bucks coaches again. A big club like West Coast would be a great opportunity.
Yuk. I wouldn't even want an ex Eagles player come to us after 2018.

I can't imagine why Bucks would want to give up his cruisy media life to coach that club of all clubs & with all the media attention it attracts.

I can't imagine why Bucks would want to give up his cruisy media life to coach that club of all clubs & with all the media attention it attracts.
He’s a competitor.

How did we feel about Leppa coming to us? I know it's not the same, given 2002-2003 was a lot longer ago.

• Dean Cox
  • Ashley Hansen
  • Jaymie Graham
Go for it!!!

• Dean Cox
  • Ashley Hansen
  • Jaymie Graham
Finds it hard to delegate. Likes to have the final say on most things. If he's mellowed on those 2 things he would be great

• Dean Cox
  • Ashley Hansen
  • Jaymie Graham

Bucks seems to have softened his stance a little lately on coaching again one day but my personal feeling is he would be more likely to turn up at Port Adelaide where he started out as a player.

• Dean Cox
  • Ashley Hansen
  • Jaymie Graham

Our current coach is a lot of things our previous coach wasn’t (great delegator, empowers people, off-the-charts EQ, taking a very holistic approach to football) and the results speak for themselves.

I can see Buckley coaching again, but not at West Coast. The WCE rebuild will require patience, and I would have thought an ex-Eagle would get a bit more grace compared to a coach from the Eastern States who didn’t win a Premiership as a coach in 11 seasons (nor did he win one as a player)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How did we feel about Leppa coming to us? I know it's not the same, given 2002-2003 was a lot longer ago.
I didn't feel very comfortable at all about ex Lions players who were part of those premierships coming to us...but that was because they beat us. Twice.

Bucks wasn't part of a team which beat Eagles. He lost.

He’s a competitor.
So? He also loves the sound of his own voice.

Most ex players/coaches are competitors. Doesn't mean they all go back to coaching.

Eagles have 3 ex players who are currently assistant coaches at 3 currently successful clubs (as per the ladder) to choose from.

I'd be shocked if those 3 weren't way above Bucks in their thinking as a replacement.

Finds it hard to delegate. Likes to have the final say on most things. If he's mellowed on those 2 things he would be great

Would he clean out the place like he did with some of our 2010 premiership players. Keeping in mind that was a grand final team he inherited.

• Dean Cox
  • Ashley Hansen
  • Jaymie Graham
McRae has praised Hayden Skipworth more than once in press conferences, so he seems the most likely of our assistant coaches to be in the running for a head coaching position

I thought he'd get off for sure.

I'm not sure how he was expected to know Webster's head was down near his hip when he pushed his hand out.
I spose that’s what happens if you aren’t “aware” these days.

I think even once upon a time players were copping it for attempted striking.

Also imagine the melts from Oppo supporters and media if this was Bruzzy or Naicos.

I spose that’s what happens if you aren’t “aware” these days.

I think even once upon a time players were copping it for attempted striking.

Also imagine the melts from Oppo supporters and media if this was Bruzzy or Naicos.
Oppo supporters were already saying Bruzzy & Nick would get off if it was them.. 🤣

Everytime there's any type of incident, Nick & Maynard get brought into it.

A better comparison would have been Cripps.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back