Oppo Camp Other Clubs News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Perryman and the other 'leaders' did wrong.
Making light of sexual assault/abuse/rape/terrorism is not on.
The idiots who performed and planned it..
Grow up get educated.
Woke?
No.
Awake
Raping a doll? Sexual abuse of a doll?
Feck me.
Pretty stupid but rape?

I'm not qualified to decide the right punishment but they were cringe-worthy digheads.

There was no need to do what they did in that domain. A person who works for $37 ph serving drinks shouldn't have to deal with that spectacle. Both my kids worked in hospitality as did I in my youth.

It's a bad look for GWS and the AFL. I hope that my son who still plays footy would consider crap like that beneath him.

Suspending players for being ‘offensive’ sets a very malleable and slippery precedent IMO. Many things could and will be construed as such.

I’d personally prefer the AFL manages the game day stuff and our govt organisations and general society handle everything outside of that.

Alternatively club imposed sanctions sit a little more comfortably with me. Ie every time a player gets their photo taken doing blow it’s the club that reprimands them…

Spose I’m just an anarchist at heart and most top-down solutions particularly pertaining to subjective damages cause a gin-scented tear to trickle down my face.
I agree to a certain extent.
The club should mete out the punishment and submit a report to the AFL.
When the AFL become self appointed moral guardians, they are overreaching their remit.
That said, some of the reported "skits" warrant significant penalties.
Rape, 9/11, racism are no go zones, and the players involved deserve sanctions, and need to be more attuned to what can cause justified offence.

Comedy, or so called Comedy or parody should always punch down.
Rape is never Comedy in my opinion.
My Mother, Sister and a few friends have been r*ped.
Sorry to hear this mate.

GWS players that humped the doll should be accused of rape? Sexual assault?
Dunno, sounds extreme to me.

I agree to a certain extent.
The club should mete out the punishment and submit a report to the AFL.
When the AFL become self appointed moral guardians, they are overreaching their remit.

That said, some of the reported "skits" warrant significant penalties.
Rape, 9/11, racism are no go zones, and the players involved deserve sanctions, and need to be more attuned to what can cause justified offence.

If it was us, I'd prefer it to just go to the AFL Integrity Unit for them to deal with, like this has. I think it's better for all concerned. Also means the AFL wears the heat that comes with being judge and jury for this sort of thing. .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to hear this mate.

GWS players that humped the doll should be accused of rape? Sexual assault?
Dunno, sounds extreme to me.
No one is accusing them of rape or sexual assault.

The Jarred Hayne trials were because Hayne was accused of getting a taxi to a house. Getting the taxi to wait, whilst he went inside and r*ped someone. Then went back outside and got the taxi home.

They're in the shit because two blokes dressed up as a taxi driver and Hayne with a sex doll and acted it out - including the rape - as a comic skit - in a booked room - in a public venue.

Last edited:

The Jarred Hayne trials were because Hayne was accused of getting a taxi to a house. Getting the taxi to wait, whilst he went inside and r*ped someone. Then went back outside and got the taxi home.

They're in the shit because two blokes dressed up as a taxi driver and Hayne with a sex doll and acted it out - including the rape - as a comic skit - in a booked room - in a public venue.
Cheers mate
The more you know.

Thanks for explaining this. A good reminder for people to educate themselves before forming an opinion.

Perryman and the other 'leaders' did wrong.
Making light of sexual assault/abuse/rape/terrorism is not on.
The idiots who performed and planned it..
Grow up get educated.
Woke?
No.
Awake

Be that as it may (I generally agree) …

… I’m not convinced that the AFL has handled this well either. Sure, they’ve sent out a strong message (good) but …

… not convinced that publicly tar and feathering a 20 year old (Fahey) and then reminding everyone about it again March next year when he serves out his sentence was the right way to go about it.

Surely there could have been a better way to deal with the matter that would have rehabilitated whilst also sending out a strong message?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Clubs News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back