Oppo Camp Other Clubs News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Was superb in 2018

38 goals, 75 tackles, 100 marks in the forward half, 63 inside 50s

Yes… to some degree afterwards he was figured out by oppositions

… but hard to recall a bigger fall… from 2018 hero to zero… struggling to stay in the line up of a kangaroos side that had only won 9 and drawn 1 of its 90 games since his arrival in 2021

That is probably enough of a clue as to why he’d rather not be a football player anymore
I think he was even better in 2019 before the gambling suspension. He was blitzing - heading for greatness.

Then returned as a waste of space.

What a gimp.

Stinking attitude.

There were about 20 players taken after him that you’d be wrapt with if we had now.

Enjoy ‘normal’ life bud, a $ will be a lot harder to come by.

He will definitely score a cruisy job paying a fair bit through his AFL connections. Or being a former eastern football league boy he will join a local team and score one through them

I actually respect it. Don't commit unofficial wage theft by playing through next year uninterested, walk away and give your list spot to someone who wants to be there. Frees up a good 500-600k in cap space for norf too, if they can find another vet thats a win for them.

Last edited:

I think he was even better in 2019 before the gambling suspension. He was blitzing - heading for greatness.

Then returned as a waste of space.
He'd kicked 21 goals in 12 games (in 2019) before he was suspended until the 2019 Final series.

At the rate he was going, he was on track for a 40+ goal season in 2019.

Funny looking back at the 2020 trade period, only Treloar remains from the players who departed.

Stephenson, Philips and Bosenavulagi are no longer in the AFL system despite all being younger than Treloar.

Phillips another one who faded pretty badly… his inaccurate kicking costing him long term

Treloar was a loss. A stupid loss

Remarkably consistent with his numbers his whole career and seems to have mostly overcome his soft tissue problems

One of the few the pies moved on… and have cause to regret it

Funny looking back at the 2020 trade period, only Treloar remains from the players who departed.

Stephenson, Philips and Bosenavulagi are no longer in the AFL system despite all being younger than Treloar.

Treloar was a AA last season

He will definitely score a cruisy job paying a fair bit through his AFL connections. Or being a former eastern football league boy he will join a local team and score one through them

I actually respect it. Don't commit unofficial wage theft by playing through next year uninterested, walk away and give your list spot to someone who wants to be there. Frees up a good 500-600k in cap space for norf too, if they can find another vet thats a win for them.
I don't get how you decide you don't want to play anymore, yet can arrange a 'settlement' for the year you stay at home.

I'm assuming when he was told he would be doing tackling drills with Parker, his decision was made quickly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Clubs News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back