Oppo Camp Other Clubs News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi mate,

Completely unrelated but I saw on a previous post that you had AFL Gold + Legends membership. Does this entitle you to 2x guarnteed GF tickets (if Pies make it of course)?

Cheers.
Hi ya
I’m not an afl member at all.
My Collingwood membership level is 1882 - I get guaranteed access to purchase 1 GF ticket if the pies make it.
I’m not sure if Legends are guaranteed or in a ballot.

Either way, doesn’t guarantee how good the ticket is

Who's the footballer who posted 'offensive' comments online in relation to the Ginni/Hinkley/Hawks saga?

Just mentioned on sen by Edmunds. Player has since deleted his comments, but obviously too late as it was screen shotted & doing the rounds.
Footy is a very emotive beast.
Especially when you are a player at the coal face.
I reckon we should give the players a free pass regards emotive posts especially if they go to the trouble to delete them.

Way too much oversight of what players post on social media.

Back in my day (pre social media) you said things directly to the offender.
sometimes on the field and sometimes later with a few beers in ya.

You got up in the morning, after a skinfull more often than not, and you rang them and apologised.
Sometimes you had hit the mark and they rang you and apologised first.

We are people.

Personally I would never have survived social media if I had to answer to idiots in lounge chairs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi ya
I’m not an afl member at all.
My Collingwood membership level is 1882 - I get guaranteed access to purchase 1 GF ticket if the pies make it.
I’m not sure if Legends are guaranteed or in a ballot.

Either way, doesn’t guarantee how good the ticket is
Once upon a time (2010) you had a designated seat for the year. Every H&A game Vic or interstate. $1000.00 + PA
If the Pies made the GF you got the same seat.
Then (2011) same for H&A then got the shittest seats at the MCG, top row of the top tier.

AFL ****ed it up.

Now you have access to a ticket.
Nothing more.

Footy is a very emotive beast.
Especially when you are a player at the coal face.
I reckon we should give the players a free pass regards emotive posts especially if they go to the trouble to delete them.

Way too much oversight of what players post on social media.

Back in my day (pre social media) you said things directly to the offender.
sometimes on the field and sometimes later with a few beers in ya.

You got up in the morning, after a skinfull more often than not, and you rang them and apologised.
Sometimes you had hit the mark and they rang you and apologised first.

We are people.

Personally I would never have survived social media if I had to answer to idiots in lounge chairs.
I don't know who the player is nor what they said.

I was just asking the question if anyone had seen it. It was apparently an interaction between a player & supporter on a public forum. The player deleted their comments. Edmunds only said they were highly offensive.

But no, you don't simply give people a free pass for comments they post online. That's why there are guidelines for what is & isn't acceptable.

Some disgusting, vile stuff has been posted online.

I don't know who the player is nor what they said.

I was just asking the question if anyone had seen it. It was apparently an interaction between a player & supporter on a public forum. The player deleted their comments. Edmunds only said they were highly offensive.

But no, you don't simply give people a free pass for comments they post online. That's why there are guidelines for what is & isn't acceptable.

Some disgusting, vile stuff has been posted online.
NOt having a go at you per se.
Just the un realistic pressure put on individuals by social media.

We're all responsible for what we say or write. In fact I'd say you have more time to reflect on your words & how they may affect the person you're directing them at in the written form.
I would agree, that on a forum such as this, that is true.
Twitter or Threads not so much.
Twitter has no "edit" function, being owned and run by a halfwit like Musk, and though Threads has an edit function, it is time limited.
The only real option when you misspeak is to delete.....but if it's been screen shot...........!

Well, you're fkd.

I would agree, that on a forum such as this, that is true.
Twitter or Threads not so much.
Twitter has no "edit" function, being owned and run by a halfwit like Musk, and though Threads has an edit function, it is time limited.
The only real option when you misspeak is to delete.....but if it's been screen shot...........!

Well, you're fkd.
Probably all the more reason to be very careful about what you post & say online.

How long did it take Mick Malthouse at Collingwood for a flag? I seem to remember a bit of hate going his way as well.
Same goes for Bucks. If we had won in 2018 most of you would love him.
I still love Nathan Buckley.

Ken will be a God if Port win it this year. Here is hoping
Really, Ed had to appoint another coach before Mick had to get his ducks all in a row.
Then Mick, contracted to help out after, ****ed us over and went to troll Cartoon.
I live in Adelaide, Mark. It's a funny old place! I don't know many Collingwood people at all, so I have to make do with whoever comes along!

I've even got a Carlton friend, FWIW!!
LOL.
Just trying to avoid being buried in a shallow grave. I get it.

Can I give you the number for a support group?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Clubs News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back