Oppo Camp Other Clubs News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

So Geelong don’t rate Smith high enough for a 1st round pick yet are willing to offer a 6 yr contract, seriously hope we never have to negotiate with these idiots again
I think Smith can nominate for the draft and PSD if they won't do a deal. They will then get him for nothing.

They can’t just walk him through to the draft. It’s pretty much draft tampering if no one else takes him. (I realise the irony of this based on Luke Ball in 2009 but I can’t melt about us).
Unfortunately it isn't. Clubs would be well aware of his contract demands and sponsorship with the jocks dudes.

I think Smith can nominate for the draft and PSD if they won't do a deal. They will then get him for nothing.

You don’t think North have the cap space?

The deal will be done. Dogs won't risk losing him for nothing. Its not worth it. So unless you are on the bottom of the ladder, putting through the player through the draft or PSD doesn't benefit anyone.
I know there there was the threat with ollie, and people thought we should have done it to lippa in 2021, but it very rarely happens for a reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Cotton-On scam sponsorship has to be - officially - indépendant from whatever club he goes to. Otherwise it would be draft tampering.
That's probably why no one else will take him. I imagine he would be pretty pissed going to a club who neglects his opportunity to earn outside of football. It just doesn't happen anymore, it will end up another JHF situation

Unfortunately it isn't. Clubs would be well aware of his contract demands and sponsorship with the jocks dudes.

Wrong. If Baz walks to the draft it is only the terms of his playing deal that he can nominate. He’d be snapped up long before a Cats pick.

Jakey Connors will get the deal done in trade week. Even though he was the architect of Ball going to the draft.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Wrong. If Baz walks to the draft it is only the terms of his playing deal that he can nominate. He’d be snapped up long before a Cats pick.

Jakey Connors will get the deal done in trade week. Even though he was the architect of Ball going to the draft.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
If it did happen. Would Smith be in his rights to just sign a one year deal?

That's probably why no one else will take him. I imagine he would be pretty pissed going to a club who neglects his opportunity to earn outside of football. ...
But that sponsorship have to continue, even if another club drafts him ... otherwise both Geelong and Cotton-On would have to be investigated - Geelong for draft tampering and Colton-On for its player sponsorship arrangements.

But that sponsorship have to continue, even if another club drafts him ... otherwise both Geelong and Cotton-On would have to be investigated - Geelong for draft tampering and Colton-On for its player sponsorship arrangements.
Good point. I just thought that he might get an even better deal if he signed for Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Clubs News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back