Oppo Camp Other Clubs News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting that the Cats have announced the delisting of Furphy (did he really exist or was it all just an improbable signing?). There's several parallels between us and them (22 Flag v 23 Flag, aging list, injury struggles the year after winning a flag) and, as they are around one year advanced on list progression, they provide a benchmark for us to compare strategies. They've now delisted 10 players this year and, with a worse draft hand than us (albeit, they can trade in some 2025 picks), it will be interesting to see how they manage a significant list refresh at the same time as they lose some significant talent and team mainstays.
I gave it a like for the Furphy line.:thumbsu:

It was a nervous tic like the yips. He'd actually been a decent golfer who broke 80 on a good day prior to that happening to his swing.

Very dubious on US amateur golf “scores” - outside of the very low markers playing tournaments. The rest very rarely, if ever, play individual ball in the hole golf.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Very dubious on US amateur golf “scores” - outside of the very low markers playing tournaments. The rest very rarely, if ever, play individual ball in the hole golf.

What do they do? Do they play Ambrose style or heaps of mulligans or give themselves 6 foot putts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do they do? Do they play Ambrose style or heaps of mulligans or give themselves 6 foot putts?

Heaps of match play, heaps of gimmes - and they submit cards on the back of those games. For those players who want to keep their mark low for ego purposes, guess how many bad cards they submit? And given the lack of comps, there is no benefit in having your mark go out.

They just don’t have the culture of club comps. You would be hard pressed to find someone who could even score stableford or par.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Clubs News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back