Oppo Camp Other Clubs News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry if I'm intruding. . .. I share a Kayo monthly sub with my son - how do the charges get to $350?

They increased this year. I have just spent 20 minutes on the kayo site and it has merged with hubbl. It is very difficult to remove payment details.

I can stop the subscription but the membership lasts until december. I am not sure whether they will stop the video immediately.

I am trying to find out how to use paypal or something where I can control this thing. They are all criminals...

They increased this year. I have just spent 20 minutes on the kayo site and it has merged with hubbl. It is very difficult to remove payment details.

I can stop the subscription but the membership lasts until december. I am not sure whether they will stop the video immediately.

I am trying to find out how to use paypal or something where I can control this thing. They are all criminals...
So are they penalising someone for terminating what has been converted into an annual contract? For $25 or $35 per month where does a debt of $350 come from?

Had the same sort of issues tring to close my father's Foxtel subscription after he passed away.
Once they have their claws into you, they don't want to let go.

Had the same sort of issues tring to close my father's Foxtel subscription after he passed away.
Once they have their claws into you, they don't want to let go.

well i already tried to stop the transaction with my bank. They say that it is in transition and suggest that i try the club. I emailed the club.

if the club doesnt repay me, I'll return to the bank and begin a complaint

So are they penalising someone for terminating what has been converted into an annual contract? For $25 or $35 per month where does a debt of $350 come from?
The digital membership last year was a very reasonably priced package. Collingwood FC membership and 12 month's subscription to Kayo, all for around $260, which was almost the cost of Kayo alone. I am a Kayo for footy only guy so I was happy to pay to have Kayo permanently and get the joy of a CFC membership. Fast forward 12 months and the membership has jumped up $90! (36%).

I got an email advising that the membership renewal would be debited this week and it has already been taken. Not sure about the value anymore. I consider Kayo to a sub-par service and will opt for Free to Air viewing as the app is that poor. I hope that this coming season that the commentary team is at least different and that the streaming improves.

Membership is tied to ticketmaster. Ticketmaster appears to handle the club's tranactions. I had an account at tm and I had credit card details in there but it is very difficult to remove them. You have to put in a written request.

Just a word of warning to people. I wanted to discontinue my magpies kayo membership and I deleted all the payment details and I did everything that I could see to demonstrate that I wanted to cancel the membership, and they still debited my account for $350.
I emailed them and told them to refund and I await their response.
I thought that if I didnt have my payment details in my account that it would be safe to assume that they wouldnt bill me. I was wrong.
Sorry again .....- so in this case the "they/them" is Cwood membership not Kayo?

Sorry again .....- so in this case the "they/them" is Cwood membership not Kayo?

i haven't contacted kayo. They say that they have a chat line but it isnt there.

I cancelled kayo and I'm hoping that the subscription will last until dec or consumer affairs will be notified...

so i'm awaiting a response from the club about my request for reinbursement. The bank says that I can raise a complaint if they ignore me...

I am known to be persistent so I hope they are ready...

i haven't contacted kayo. They say that they have a chat line but it isnt there.

I cancelled kayo and I'm hoping that the subscription will last until dec or consumer affairs will be notified...

so i'm awaiting a response from the club about my request for reinbursement. The bank says that I can raise a complaint if they ignore me...

I am known to be persistent so I hope they are ready...
So you're being persistent (👍👍) with the club atm?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whinge, whinge, ****in' whinge.
Extremely disappointing if true. Instead we are burning mid season draft picks on guys like begg and josh eyre. Can't be picking up free agents forever either, actually need to develop some talls who play exclusively forward, not half assed swingmen and ruck/forwards
Burning mid season drafts picks?

1729750350838.png
1729750511177.png
At $260 p/a it wasn't a bad deal, but that's a hell of a jump! I was thinking of taking up this offer a while back (I'm not in Victoria, and don't get to many matches), but dropped the idea when the price went up that much!

Yep, they are criminals. I normally used to get in touch with my bank and tell them to block payments to certain sites.

1729752438578.png
This certainly suggests they would "stop the video immediately"!

Extremely disappointing if true. Instead we are burning mid season draft picks on guys like begg and josh eyre. Can't be picking up free agents forever either, actually need to develop some talls who play exclusively forward, not half assed swingmen and ruck/forwards

He’s had a couple of years development beyond his delisting by Collingwood and I’m still not convinced he’s afl ready. List sizes mean these decisions will become more the norm.

Time is connected to list spots. End of 2022, we were close but we didn't have enough depth and McMahon wasn't physically ready to be depth - so we brought in 5 mature players that all played roles in us winning the flag, as well as being mandated to have 3 spots set aside for the draft. We had to get rid of some who weren't yet depth to have a squad deep enough to win the flag. Not disappointing at all - it was a great move that played a big role in us winning the flag. It's just a reality of the size of our lists.
Agree. There's always a fine balance in the number of non-depth developing players vs proper AFL capable depth. The closer to a flag you are the more you need of the latter. You can't afford for the chance at a flag to be derailed because you had to play kids at a key stage due to injuries.

I do think it sucks. We should have bigger lists to allow for more developing players.

I also think that McRae is averse to playing younger players and waiting for them to develop. He's similar to Clarkson, Hardwick in that regard. Probably suggests it's the "correct" approach to winning.

Agree. There's always a fine balance in the number of non-depth developing players vs proper AFL capable depth. The closer to a flag you are the more you need of the latter. You can't afford for the chance at a flag to be derailed because you had to play kids at a key stage due to injuries.

I do think it sucks. We should have bigger lists to allow for more developing players.

I also think that McRae is averse to playing younger players and waiting for them to develop. He's similar to Clarkson, Hardwick in that regard. Probably suggests it's the "correct" approach to winning.
List sizes is my bugbear too. I just think it's really unfair on the recruits. They've got no time to develop. And not enough get added either. The cash is there, the cap just went up by $2 million. Why not have a quarter of that going to an extra 4 rookie wages, rather than solely inflating the wages of the best 22.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Clubs News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back