Oppo Camp Other Clubs News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't get, how you guys don't get the enthusiasm of draft night?
Especially when you have a bevy of quality picks in a good draft.

Why wouldn't they be excited at the possibility of getting in some potential guns or A graders.

The Draft is like Christmas for a club rejuvenating its list.

I for one miss not being a part of it early this year for example. Interest is near on Zero.

I get we have gained for a flag tilt so it is not a bad thing but definitely dulls the draft night enthusiasm.

I'd really enjoy watching them next year and beyond if I was a tigers fan, but draft night itself is a really slow moving cattle auction with a boring auctioneer, where people celebrate or commiserate based on a highlights video and draft profiles written by anonymous people who may or may not have seen the player enough to have an educated opinion.

I'd really enjoy watching them next year and beyond if I was a tigers fan, but draft night itself is a really slow moving cattle auction with a boring auctioneer, where people celebrate or commiserate based on a highlights video and draft profiles written by anonymous people who may or may not have seen the player enough to have an educated opinion.

Player welcome threads say hello

The caption says break out 'year', which is more appropriate for Shoota, particularly as he & Bobby had to carry the load of the forward line most of the year.

He's already an established AFL player.

He "broke out" in 2020 or 2021 pending on your criteria.

They put 1 to 3 year players for every other team but a 27 yo established player as ours, bit odd no?

They put 1 to 3 year players for every other team but a 27 yo established player as ours, bit odd no?
I guess they are referring to a break out year with Pies. The slide on him explains what they are judging it on.

Doesn't really matter much, does it? The only other player you could put on there from our list would be Allan, I suppose.

Are we the only club who has a 27yo listed as a "breakout" star?

They were simply avoiding the question of whether Allan’s name was spelt with an “a” or an “e”, but equally didn’t want to pick a name which even an illiterate would have a decent shot at…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They would not want to interrupt the recent narrative that we are ancient with our middle aged players’ ample paunches teetering over the cliff

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Clubs News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back