Puddy

Premiership Player
Apr 17, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ade.Utd.SOCCER club
our next few games are fairly hard ones except for Essendon. Why are we playing Sydney so soon? Who the hell made our draw? we play Geelong, Sydney and Adelaide twice, it's almost like the AFL doesnt want us near another finals series.

That is why this thread.
We also get to play Geelong and the Crows sooner than expected, however after round 15 we get the supposedly easier games.

I believe we're a fair chance at beating Sydney and Hawthorn in the coming weeks, provided we play to our potential and minimise turnovers on the defensive side of the ground.

I believe we're a fair chance at beating Sydney and Hawthorn in the coming weeks, provided we play to our potential and minimise turnovers on the defensive side of the ground.

If you're looking for that, then you had better have a word to Choco and get Peter Burgoyne well away from our defensive area.

i think we can beat sydney, especially without barry and without playing on that silly jnr football oval called the scg, where my 12 year old cousin could kick the lenghth of the ground....

hawthorn....well that could be a struggle without chad, if we had chad i would be confident we could beat them, but without him i still think we can beat them but it will make things difficult, and the only reason why i say that about chad is because he is the only player i see on our side that could beat buddy, and also make him pay on the rebound...

the knockers will be back if we lose to the Dons, who we should beat but remember carlton last year.

should get peter back in the forward line, push shaun down back and drop Brett to give him some confidence or play him in the mid.

Well, Richmond showed how to beat Buddy -- just put three men on him. Unfortunately, that will free up Roughead, Williams and Rioli, but what the hey. (And, really, nobody beat Buddy yesterday -- he did it all himself.)

Speaking of Rioli, wouldn't he prefer to play with some Motlops (they've got to be related), a little closer to home?

Buddy is the new Richo.

I used to fret about the damage that Richardson could do to us but can't recall him ever really tearing us apart. I do fully expect that Franklin will take us to the cleaners a few times in his career.

.... I used to fret about the damage that Richardson could do to us but can't recall him ever really tearing us apart....
Round 10, 1998 at the MCG. Richo 20 disposals, 15 marks but thankfully only kicked 4.7. We still lost by 5 goals.

Wayne Campbell was unstoppable that day.

I remember because I was there :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buddy is the new Richo.

I used to fret about the damage that Richardson could do to us but can't recall him ever really tearing us apart. I do fully expect that Franklin will take us to the cleaners a few times in his career.

The thing is, if you worry too much about one player, you'll definitely lose. On an exceptional day he'll kick 10 - as long as we kick 11, it's not a problem. People who complain about one player being the difference are just looking for excuses.

WHY do we get Geelong twice and Crows get them once AT HOME!?????
:mad::thumbsdown:
it's not very fair

We got an easy draw last year, to be fair. Anyway, don't you want to see us beat the Cats on their own dunghill again? :D (hopefully their full strength side this time)

it's not very fair
It is as fair as 1 1/2 rounds that include blockbusters can get, do not forget that we came second.

Well, Richmond showed how to beat Buddy -- just put three men on him. Unfortunately, that will free up Roughead, Williams and Rioli, but what the hey. (And, really, nobody beat Buddy yesterday -- he did it all himself.)

Speaking of Rioli, wouldn't he prefer to play with some Motlops (they've got to be related), a little closer to home?

^man he still had 8 scoring shots for 1 goal 7 behinds. i'd say that's beating the defence, except that buddy let down himself with accuracy

it's not very fair

Why do you only get Hawthorn once??? :rolleyes:

You win some, you lose some. The way the draw works this year, teams can play each other twice in a matter of weeks. We play WCE again in R9, and HAwthorn in R12, and dont play St. Kilda at all for the whole year until R21. The new program that the AFL has for scheduling the draw this year has come up with this fixture. :)

Great point. But isn't that what I said? Admittedly, not as spiffily as you have. :)

Apologies, I didn't make it to the brackets [:eek:] - I've been conditioned by all the Collingwood supporters down the years spruiking Prestigiacomo's 'ownership' of Tredders when our man regularly returns something approaching 20d/14m/8i50/2ga/1.4

Actually no he wouldn't. He was on record before last year's draft saying he only wanted to play in Victoria. He interviewed quite badly, and it would appear he tried to put off some clubs outside of Victoria from drafting him.

Remove this Banner Ad

our draw

Remove this Banner Ad

Back