Our Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Its been like this all year. Sing the praises of local players and create stir by rubbishing interstate team or players over indiscretions.

The HUN is a vindictive poisonous oil rag and the locals lap it all up b/c its US vs THEM.

It's the same in WA, the "Worst Australian", is actually worse than the "Hun". Get over it, just don't buy a newspaper, watch TV, or listen to the radio for a couple of weeks. :rolleyes:

why would Sydney be in the Melbourne media...
you were thrown out of the competition 2 weeks ago
does geelong get a wrap in your papers when they aren't on top?

Comprehension is not your strong point i gather. Why would i whinge about Sydney not being in the paper this week?

My point is the arrogance shown by the media, especially todays headline. My other comments were about how pathetic the media has been in melb all year.

And yes there are a lot of Swans fans in Melb..we even outnumber demon and north fans 2 to 1 at games. There were more swans fans at the North Syd drawn game.

oh please, you're complaining because the Melbourne papers, write about the Melbourne teams?

guess what, the WA papers write about the WA teams, the SA papers write about the SA teams .. the NSW papers ... steal half an article and put it in the bottom corner of the page ...

So, everytime I have to see an ad for "come & watch our swans take on ..." I should complain?

Your choice to live there

Yeah and how about when they went all serious and were calling for a full AFL funded summit into why vic clubs are not playing in finals. Far enough you have to pamper to your market but if Melbourne people hadn't realised that there has been an influx of interstaters moving to bleakcity in the past 4 years so they have to change their tact. I refuse to buy the HUN but always pick it up in the morning while waiting for my coffee and just laugh at the mass stupidty and arrogance shown by them.

Case in point 2 weeks ago the week before the swans and bulldogs final. For the first 3 days the most the swans recieved was 2, thats 2 one paragraphs rehashing crap about so and so saying that the swans are ready. I am sure it was merely a mash up written by the work experience kid...while the Vic teams got 4 pages each.

Not only that the posters all featured only the vic teams and rarely did i see the non vic teams.

I guess they will only learn the day when the interstate teams have enough and form their own league leaving the Vic clubs to all die. Show us interstaters more respect and not hate, you know the ones making the AFL heaps of $$$$ and propping up insignificant victorian clubs.

Bitches.

haha. sydney make us nothing, brisbane likewise.
why would you put a sydney poster in the herald sun before a semi? there'd be 3 vic kids with that on their wall, just like there are 3 sydney kids with the swannies poster on the wall unfortunately.
it's a shame, but it's common sense, don't fill the paper with sydney stuff if people read about their club only. cheers.

I agree move afl headquaters to Sydney! Then when theres a crap crowd the afl will see first hand and be able to explain it to the medias better than last time. Also the new team (cant wait lol!) will benfit from having the board of directors close by wit the experience and help to set up the infarstructure.

haha. sydney make us nothing, brisbane likewise.
why would you put a sydney poster in the herald sun before a semi? there'd be 3 vic kids with that on their wall, just like there are 3 sydney kids with the swannies poster on the wall unfortunately.
it's a shame, but it's common sense, don't fill the paper with sydney stuff if people read about their club only. cheers.

Ignorant much. You don't think without a Sydney market or presence we wouldn't have multi million $ tv rights?

And you don't think that the swans are not well supported in Melbourne?

See your the perfect example of what i am talking about. You form your opinions on what the HUN tells you and then you make an arse of yourself by repeating the garbage they write.

:eek:

I gather you don't live in Melbourne? I do and it's unbearable.

Poor Burek, can't deal with the Herald Sun being pro Victoria :eek:

Funny about that being that is the Victorian tabloid.

Instead of sooking why don't you pack up your things and go back to the "global" city of Sydney? You would be happier there and we would be happier to. It's a free country, you can go where you like.

What a lame thread.

Any non-victorians living in Melbourne sick of all this bullshit that the local media has decided to throw around? Its the AFL..you want VFL go to telstra done tonight - the granny is on. Thats the Victorian Football League.

Maybe the AFL should fund a summit as to why there were too many vic teams playing in finals, just like the HUN were suggesting in 06.

It's about time that AFL HQ is moved away from Melbourne. All this anti interstate crap and the massive victorian paracholiasm is not doing the new teams nor the game in Sydney any favours.
We don't like you or your interstate clubs.

Let us enjoy a real grand final for once and stop posting.

I agree move afl headquaters to Sydney! Then when theres a crap crowd the afl will see first hand and be able to explain it to the medias better than last time. Also the new team (cant wait lol!) will benfit from having the board of directors close by wit the experience and help to set up the infarstructure.

I have always argued that AFL headquarters should be located in Alice Springs. Centrally located with no bias towards any state/teams, coupled with the fact that decisions made by the dwellers of the Todd River banks are marginally better than those made at the AFL House.

Poor Burek, can't deal with the Herald Sun being pro Victoria :eek:

Funny about that being that is the Victorian tabloid.

Instead of sooking why don't you pack up your things and go back to the "global" city of Sydney? You would be happier there and we would be happier to. It's a free country, you can go where you like.

What a lame thread.

I wish i lived in Geelong.

haha i can't wait till Geelong choke. You will never live it down.

Laugh it up, I will be laughing and celebrating in 24 hours hours. Prolly 22-23, when we have it wrapped up by 3QTR time.

Hecks... AFL was born in Melbourne, it is it's birthplace and heartland. Sure WAFL and SANFL have a little fame, but not much in my opinion. As for Sydney and Brisbane.... they are Thugby states first and having those teams in grand finals doesn't do much for us down here.

Facts of life.

With the Blues, Dons, Tigers all looking like coming through, the Cats, Dawks, Saints and Pies remaining strong finals contenders we hopefully will have plently more VIC grand finals. I'm predicting the next 5 at least. And maybe next 10.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Laugh it up, I will be laughing and celebrating in 24 hours hours. Prolly 22-23, when we have it wrapped up by 3QTR time.

Hecks... AFL was born in Melbourne, it is it's birthplace and heartland. Sure WAFL and SANFL have a little fame, but not much in my opinion. As for Sydney and Brisbane.... they are Thugby states first and having those teams in grand finals doesn't do much for us down here.

Facts of life.

With the Blues, Dons, Tigers all looking like coming through, the Cats, Dawks, Saints and Pies remaining strong finals contenders we hopefully will have plently more VIC grand finals. I'm predicting the next 5 at least. And maybe next 10.

Be a good thing if the cats loose. We here are BigFooty are guaranteed we will never see you again as thats the way with your type.

That or you will sign up as new user casue your such a pussy you wont have the balls to show up around here if Geelong loose.

I am 100% sure.

Meh. Move to Sydney. In the Daily Telegraph there was a full two page spread actively promoting an all-Sydney final and pretty much wishing that Melbourne and New Zealand get knocked out. I dont think the Melbourne media are as biased or as blatant as that.

Why should the Victorian media waste everyones time during grand final week to talk about the failures of Freo, West Coast, Port, Brisbane and to a lesser extent Adelaide and Sydney this season?

This week is about the two best clubs in the competition this season. Let them have it, they earnt it.

He seems to have abandoned the thread, probably not happy that he wasn't getting much love. :D

err no, i dont reply to stupid and idiotic replies, hence why i didn't replies to your other posts.

I still stand by what i said. This is not bitching casue the swans are getting no coverage, only morons would think that. My issue is at the way the media is always creating the us vs them way of thinking and the headline in todays HUN.

In 2005 the HUn did its upmost best to brand the swans as South as they couldnt bare the thought of Sydney in a GF. As romantic as it was, i thought it was overall disrespectful towards the Sydney fans.

And yes i am aware about it being melobourne and the priority needs to be locals first.

err no, i dont reply to stupid and idiotic replies, hence why i didn't replies to your other posts.

I still stand by what i said. This is not bitching casue the swans are getting no coverage, only morons would think that. My issue is at the way the media is always creating the us vs them way of thinking and the headline in todays HUN.

In 2005 the HUn did its upmost best to brand the swans as South as they couldnt bare the thought of Sydney in a GF. As romantic as it was, i thought it was overall disrespectful towards the Sydney fans.

And yes i am aware about it being melobourne and the priority needs to be locals first.

You mean the fact that other states media are just as biased & parochial, you just can't handle the truth.

You mean they were appealing to the original supporters of the Sydney FC who still reside in Melbourne and went through the heartbreak of seeing their club relocate..your being disrespectful to your own fans.
You can't come out saying, there so much Victorian bias and then be completely biased against Victorians and there media. You complain about 2 articles a week haha I don't think the Dee's got 2 articles all year over here.
The way the comp was formed (and maybe even our Federation!) there will always be chips on the shoulders of rival states. NO sympathy here, deal with it.

You mean they were appealing to the original supporters of the Sydney FC who still reside in Melbourne and went through the heartbreak of seeing their club relocate..your being disrespectful to your own fans.

err no. They ceased being South Melbourne 26 years ago. Thats a whole new geenration of supporters who only know them as the Sydney Swans. That is who they are and the brand. Not South Melbourne nor just the "swans". Its part of our heritage and we appreciate it but its not us no more.

You can't come out saying, there so much Victorian bias and then be completely biased against Victorians and there media. You complain about 2 articles a week haha I don't think the Dee's got 2 articles all year over here.

Firstly read what i said. I didnt say 2 articles a week. Here i'll quote myself..

Case in point 2 weeks ago the week before the swans and bulldogs final. For the first 3 days the most the swans recieved was 2, thats 2 one paragraphs rehashing crap about so and so saying that the swans are ready. I am sure it was merely a mash up written by the work experience kid...while the Vic teams got 4 pages each.

I was talking about finals..you know the time of the year where regardless of where the teams playing are from there should be equal coverage. Even more so when its from the "home" of football. I understand the bias in 1 or 2 team cities but they dont claim to be the home of football as Melbourne does. But yet they down here they treat the comp as its the VFL. Its finals time there should be even coverage and not just for the local teams, i can deal with it during the home and away season.

The sooner AFL house is moved away from Melbourne into a neutral location the better it will be. As someone said the victorian bias is too great and the disrespect shown towards non victorian teams - considering we hold more equity (ok collingwood and essendon excluded) and bring in more revenue to help fund the shithouse melbourne clubs - is amusing but frustrating at the same time when you live here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Our Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back