Autopsy Our home losing streak and our current sorry state of affairs.

Remove this Banner Ad

What did Micale have to say? I always rated him as one of the best coaches going around.
Basically went to town on the whole joint...
  • Freo are oozing talent eg O'Driscoll and we have none.
  • Longmuir is prepared to drop players eg: Hamling, Logue , Wilson, Tracey all playing Wafl football and questioned if we would have the guts to send a message to our more experienced players and drop them for poor performances,
  • Regardless of ins and outs this shouldn't impact on effort.
  • Outdated game plan
  • Covid is a cop out excuse when freo had their four best players out of their side also... He was questioning how everyone loved the effort last week when north are garbage as proved by their result on the weekend
  • Believes Waterman should be in the side, cant believe they tried to make him a wingman when he is a forward.
  • Darling needs to be held accountable for his pre season and his performances. Should be dropped for Waterman ( good old suma was also on asking for this)
  • The eagles contested ball and tackling is second rate and they dont play with any viger. More should be done at training. bruise fee football.
  • Natanui is horribly over weight
  • Question needs to be asked at who in the eagles side has any upside?
  • Potential to be cellar dwellers for a few years.
  • Wont win a game before the bye.
  • Has no idea why Hurn when he gets the balls either stops or kicks sideways.Waste of his assets.
  • Need more out of sps, langdon and Petch and they should be under pressure from the coaches to impact games.
  • Why is gaff getting 25 possession with 1 inside 50.

Such a shame this bloke still isnt at the club because he is an old school no b/s charachter who having seen close up in action gets respect by being hard on players and expectations. He has certain non negotiables which we dont seem to have atm....

And why after 5 weeks does Naish still not have his own jumper. How unprofessional is that. shows how far standards have dropped at the club.

• Believes Waterman should be in the side, cant believe they tried to make him a wingman when he is a forward.

Brander be like

Suspicious Meme GIF by MOODMAN

Last edited:
The almost certain thing is that if we are still spoon contenders come the later stages of the year, there will 100% be an article about whether WC deserves the number 1 pick

My tip is from Foxfooty

That's actually a fair point, and yes i can totally see it happening.

Essendon copped plenty of flack for finishing last and getting gifted with the number 1 pick (McGrath) after everyone got suspended for doping etc etc.

No reason why we won't get the same questions asks with us and whether we truly 'deserve' the number 1 pick after we "mismanaged covid/injuries".

Struth, still remember Dwayne crying for several weeks and making comments on air after we finished last in 2010 and WHOOPDEE DOO got a priority selection in a compromised draft (Pick 26 - Darling) like we rorted the system somehow.

• Longmuir is prepared to drop players eg: Hamling, Logue , Wilson, Tracey all playing Wafl football and questioned if we would have the guts to send a message to our more experienced players and drop them for poor performances,
  • Outdated game plan
  • Covid is a cop out excuse when freo had their four best players out of their side also... He was questioning how everyone loved the effort last week when north are garbage as proved by their result on the weekend
  • Darling needs to be held accountable for his pre season and his performances. Should be dropped for Waterman ( good old suma was also on asking for this)
  • The eagles contested ball and tackling is second rate and they dont play with any viger. More should be done at training. bruise fee football.
  • Has no idea why Hurn when he gets the balls either stops or kicks sideways.Waste of his assets.
  • Need more out of sps, langdon and Petch and they should be under pressure from the coaches to impact games.

Such a shame this bloke still isnt at the club because he is an old school no b/s charachter who having seen close up in action gets respect by being hard on players and expectations. He has certain non negotiables which we dont seem to have atm....

And why after 5 weeks does Naish still not have his own jumper. How unprofessional is that. shows how far standards have dropped at the club.
I agree with pretty much all you’ve listed here, the only thing I will say, is that having been a coach of both young men and women recently, a lot of them can’t deal with honesty, even if you’re being constructive with your criticisms. They want sunshine blown up their arses and told they’re special constantly, and in my opinion you can’t be successful if you constantly do that. You shouldn’t be ripping heads off if you can avoid it, but you need to be able to be honest so that players can see they need to improve.

I agree with pretty much all you’ve listed here, the only thing I will say, is that having been a coach of both young men and women recently, a lot of them can’t deal with honesty, even if you’re being constructive with your criticisms. They want sunshine blown up their arses and told they’re special constantly, and in my opinion you can’t be successful if you constantly do that. You shouldn’t be ripping heads off if you can avoid it, but you need to be able to be honest so that players can see they need to improve.

I think we need a bit of good cop bad cop going on. These blokes have been looked after, sucked up to, told about the sanctuary of the four walls white noise from outside and given heaps of credits in the bank and all that garbage and we have gone backwards. Tough love definitely has its place.

• Outdated game plan

Thanks .

That’s is a pretty dang spot on analysis of most of the things that I too, have issues with.

Hard to argue with any of his points.

The two points of those that he has mentioned, that shit me the most are:

Firstly
The reluctance to drop non performing players.

If the Club just has the balls to drop underperforming players and cut off the list underachieving players, then many of the woes at Club would self correct.

Secondly
The outdated obsolete game plan.

He has hit the nail on the head IMO.

I get the feeling that our Club has become so intent on delivering warm fuzzies that we have forget, the need for and effective use, of tough love and honest dialogue.

Case in point someone needs to spell it out to NN that he has become a over weight, badly out of condition former facsimile of his former self.
And that if he doesn’t rectify the problem then he has a very limited time left in the game.
Furthermore and more significantly, his lack of condition is adversely affecting both his performances and team balance and structure.

I can accept and back a team that doesn’t win many games providing we are rebuilding and trying new things, OR, in the early stages of implementing a new game plan.

But SORRY when the same old game plan and the same play safe players are constantly screwing up games then I get pissed at the Club.

I do get that the start to this season has been very unusual with both an astonishingly long injury list, that’s been exacerbated by Covid.

If it was just the start of this season in isolation I would be OK with the way things are going.

But this is the continuation of three years of a shit, antiquated styled football.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

To the powers to be - who manage the Club:

If you don’t like what’s being delivered the past three years ….. then put some change in place.

If you accept that’s alls well at the Club …. Then time for you all to move on and let someone else improve the Cluster **** that’s been created.

Rant over time for a Bex and a cup of tea.

I can see why Richmond didn't have a spot on their list for naish . He has some nice attributes in pace and run carry but if he is put under pressure he just turns it over .

Same as I can see why witherden was let go by Brisbane. He one quality attribute his kicking is poor. Yes he has a beautiful kicking action but the amount of turnovers and coach killers is staggering .
Both have the year to improve or they should be delisted

Witherdens kicking is good.

His decision making is poor. If he doesnt gain more poise and make better decisions with ball in hand he wont be playing at the top level much longer IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair question.

We will never know.
I buy the theory that it's because so many players have kids - who catch it in daycare or school. Most of Freo's players don't have kids (Mundy has several and he's missed two games).

It's interesting as COVID is a ticking time bomb for Freo as so few players have had it.

Did he also acknowledge that dropping underperforming players and seeing what the new gameplan can do is pretty much impossible atm?

Can you please not bring any sense of logic or rationality into this. We just don’t need it right now ok! 🤣
Everyone must be dropped. Drop em all. Play short if need be.

I really disliked Kelly's recruitment and especially what WCE gave up I understand that they wanted to go for another flag shot but Kelly was never going to be that player, it's not like we were signing Cripps or Dusty.

But now it's really killing WCE.

• Outdated game plan

Naish not having his own jumper is unprofessional

It’s insignificant though to the team yet again playing without its captain. When will we have a captain on the field each week? May I humbly suggest Shuey should consider handing over that responsibility

I really disliked Kelly's recruitment and especially what WCE gave up I understand that they wanted to go for another flag shot but Kelly was never going to be that player, it's not like we were signing Cripps or Dusty.

But now it's really killing WCE.

Certainly is hurting WCE now ...
Kelly is a good player to have on the list though , very good player but the price was high .

The almost certain thing is that if we are still spoon contenders come the later stages of the year, there will 100% be an article about whether WC deserves the number 1 pick

My tip is from Foxfooty

More likely to be framed as "why the Kangaroos deserve pick 1 as a priority".

Despite West Coast currently occupying 18th place on the ladder, the first pick in the 2022 national draft should be awarded to North Melbourne in the interests of football...

More likely to be framed as "why the Kangaroos deserve pick 1 as a priority".

Despite West Coast currently occupying 18th place on the ladder, the first pick in the 2022 national draft should be awarded to North Melbourne in the interests of football...
Last two times we were the second team to take a pick in a draft we ended up with NN over Watts and Gaff over Swallow/Day/Bennell. Maybe we should campaign for pick 2

Another negative to add to the list. Club is so rich but putting out DVD’s in the era of Blu-Rays and UHD download links.

Post of the year in my eyes.

As supporters we have been so spoiled by always being around the mark or near enough, always featuring in finals and being within 5 years of a prelim or flag at any given moment. The club has been ravaged by injury and covid, we aren’t going to be competitive until the back half of the year. Until the cattle is back it’s about the depth showing up and displaying their wares for 2023 and beyond.

I guess I’m optimistic but I still think we should finish higher than the Suns, Crows and Roos tbh. So when you consider Ashcroft a likely top 5 F/S pick that’s pick 5.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Our home losing streak and our current sorry state of affairs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back