our lower picks will be the key

Remove this Banner Ad

baconb

Club Legend
Jul 12, 2007
Western Australia
AFL Club
Carlton
Could someone tell me exactly what picks we have?

I am quite sure we have pick #6 , #24 and #40?
Am I correct there?

Pick #6 is a no brainer for me - Hurley / Ziebell

Pick #24 for Warnock or use on another young kid. Personally I have seen Warnock play quite a bit and he is worth the punt too me, He needs to step up big time though and hopefully at the blues he can do this.

Pick #40 I am not sure what type of options we could have here?
Any suggestions on likely players or a list that could be there?

Thanks.

1 week away :)

Could someone tell me exactly what picks we have?

I am quite sure we have pick #6 , #24 and #40?
Am I correct there?

Pick #6 is a no brainer for me - Hurley / Ziebell

Pick #24 for Warnock or use on another young kid. Personally I have seen Warnock play quite a bit and he is worth the punt too me, He needs to step up big time though and hopefully at the blues he can do this.

Thanks.

Yes 6, 24, 40, 56, as for who we will pick with the last 2 picks is anyones guess?

It would be fair to say you need Bower as much as you need Warnock. You guys have a decision to make on Warnock. If you don't want him that much then expect Richmond to overtake your push up the ladder when they secure RW.

It would be fair to say you need Bower as much as you need Warnock. You guys have a decision to make on Warnock. If you don't want him that much then expect Richmond to overtake your push up the ladder when they secure RW.

Richmond are in the box seat ;):D

Melbourne thought they where in the box seat just as you guys think you are now. Warnocks manager could be using Carlton as leverage to get more out of Rich/St K/ Melb, who knows or maybe he's doing the opposite and using the fact atleast 3 other clubs would love to nab him as a factor driving up your bid for his services. These player managers play ducks and drakes until the final day of trade week.
We will all watch with interest but I honestly think pick 24 is an impossibility hence Carlton putting it on the table so early. No negotiater leads with his strongest suit. See the Judd trade.

dont really mind if we get warnock or not, but if fremantle dont do the trade with us then they get nothing and he goes to the PSD. Carlton will thn most probably take jeff white and allow krezuer and hampson to develop for 2 years. With picks 40 and 56 anything can happen, hopefully we aim for a target forward for when we need to replace fev.

It would also be fair to say that you have NFI.

Bower is far more important to us than Warnock. If you think you're going to get a straight swap of Bower for Warnock then you have a serious case of rocks in your head.

Bower for Warnock and pick 21 seems a little closer to the mark if you want to discuss trades for Bower. Even then I'd be very reluctant to do that trade.

It would be fair to say you need Bower as much as you need Warnock.
:confused::confused::confused:

Hampson, Cloke, Kreuzer. 3 rucks, 1-2 spots. Even add Jacobs and Aisake for depth.

Jammo, Bower, Waite, Thornton, Austin. 5 defenders, 4 spots.

The way I see it this year, only Austin has struggled to get in and is our "depth". Bower is pivotal to our defensive setup.

We need Bower much more than we need Warnock.

Bower has proven he can play well at AFL level on the best. Warnock has proven he can perform inconsistently and gets beaten by the best.

You are selling potential. You want to buy a gaurantee.;)

Why are you trying so hard to convince us anyway?:confused:

Melbourne thought they where in the box seat just as you guys think you are now. Warnocks manager could be using Carlton as leverage to get more out of Rich/St K/ Melb, who knows or maybe he's doing the opposite and using the fact atleast 3 other clubs would love to nab him as a factor driving up your bid for his services. These player managers play ducks and drakes until the final day of trade week.
We will all watch with interest but I honestly think pick 24 is an impossibility hence Carlton putting it on the table so early. No negotiater leads with his strongest suit. See the Judd trade.

Hate to burst your bubble son, but Robbie Warnock will be at Carlton next year - dont believe me? Go down to Subi and check with them - it's over

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dont really mind if we get warnock or not, but if fremantle dont do the trade with us then they get nothing and he goes to the PSD. Carlton will thn most probably take jeff white and allow krezuer and hampson to develop for 2 years. With picks 40 and 56 anything can happen, hopefully we aim for a target forward for when we need to replace fev.

If you're niave enogh to think that no Victorian club would make a play for him if we reach a stalemate then it's lucky your name isn't Icke. I don't know whats going to happen ti's all just chest puffing and eyeballing atm.
Give it a week or so and we'll know for sure. And maybe Bower is untouchable but hey you gotta start somewhere, just as you have with your lame #24 offer. If Freo and Carlton don't compromise we don't strike a deal pure and simple but the vulture are circling and CFC know it. Will watch with interest.

If you're niave enogh to think that no Victorian club would make a play for him if we reach a stalemate then it's lucky your name isn't Icke. I don't know whats going to happen ti's all just chest puffing and eyeballing atm.
Give it a week or so and we'll know for sure. And maybe Bower is untouchable but hey you gotta start somewhere, just as you have with your lame #24 offer. If Freo and Carlton don't compromise we don't strike a deal pure and simple but the vulture are circling and CFC know it. Will watch with interest.

OK doofus, why dont we give you a quick brush up on the trade rules

IT DOESNT MATTER IF ANOTHER CLUB MAKES A PLAY - Warnock cant be traded anywhere he doesnt want to be traded to.

Oh, and either the vulture is circling or the vultures are circling

How? How is that possibly lame? I don't understand why this isn't a very fair offer for a tall guy that has done very little at AFL level. Warnock wants to play for Carlton, so that will happen, and Freo will not get Bower or pick #6.

For the hell of it, here are the pick #24's and #40's from the last few drafts.

2001 - Steve Johnson - Geelong
2002 - Paul Johnson - West Coast
2003 - Chad Jones - Kangaroos
2004 - Natahn Van Berlo - Adelaide
2005 - Cleve Hughes - Richmond
2006 - Brent Renouf - Hawthorn
2007 - Clayton Hinkley

2001 - Ablett Junior (F/S) - Geelong
2002 - Jobe Watson (F/S) - Essendon
2003 - Eddie Sansbury - Kangaroos
2004 - Ivan Maric - Adelaide
2005 - Travis Cassely - Richmond
2006 - Josh P Kennedy (F/S) - Hawthorn
2007 - Chris Mayne - Fremantle

Thanks.

Check in the Drafting and Trading section, there is a really good Mock draft happening at the moment. If you look at selections 20-60 you will get a rough feel of players which Carlton might recruit.

Remove this Banner Ad

our lower picks will be the key

Remove this Banner Ad

Back