Coach Our next coach - Training Wheels included

Who do you want to see as our next senior coach?

• Buckley

Votes: 42 7.1%
  • Choco

Votes: 37 6.3%
  • Clarkson

Votes: 213 36.2%
  • Leppitsch

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Lyon

Votes: 203 34.5%
  • Pyke

Votes: 55 9.3%
  • Roos

Votes: 19 3.2%
  • Scott

Votes: 46 7.8%
  • Voss

Votes: 61 10.4%
  • Worsfold

Votes: 12 2.0%
  • Rookie/Training Wheels MK III

Votes: 25 4.2%
  • Burns

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Caracella

Votes: 4 0.7%
  • Graham

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Harvey

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Kingsley

Votes: 17 2.9%
  • Schofield

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Yze

Votes: 5 0.8%
  • Giansiracusa

Votes: 6 1.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good arguments laddy - nice stuff.

I have nothing to add other than believe the mix we traded/drafted in the midfield isn't good enough to compete with the best sides as they run one way - I have seen enough of Dow and SPS they're not willing to work hard enough in transition we also have very poor wings that don't gut run, have good skills, good in the air and top notch in contested situations.

I am hoping the new coach is given assets to build a nice style for Baggers to enjoy.
Necessity is the mother of all invention.
If they want it hard enough they will play like men possessed. We need a real coach who can create and facilitate this environment within the team. Fingers crossed 🤞.

Until then, we have to rely on the players watching Rocky IV before every game!

Cannot agree with this. Only tells half the story IMHO and not only blames the players outright but completely ignored the coach's number one job - get all the players onboard, motivated and playing to the plan in unison.
You know - coaching.
He was so far off it his mind was in orbit.

Tell me, every team gets 5 goal run-ons eh? Even against the last placed teams with only 2 wins for the year? We looked shaky even against the most underperforming and injury ravaged teams, but no, it was the players fault (who coincidentally the coach didn't lose).
Utter madness. Sorry for the rant.
Playing culture has been terrible for 20 years, hence 6 have sacked 6 coaches and nothing has changed. Players refused to defend properly and refused to run two ways. Remember Teague giving them one almighty blast at half time against Hawthorn for their refusal to defend? After half time Hawks kicks just 2 goals and we defended hard. This is all on the players and out horrible, unmotivated, last culture that hasn't changed in 20 years. That can only be sorted by the players, not the coach, as 90% of motivation comes from within. Every coach will tell you that in any sport. Need very strong leaders who will demanding real accountability with real peer pressure. That doesn't happen then coach no.7 is sacked in 2 years. That has to come first before even thinking finals.

Below is the run of 5 goals team have had against them during the time Teague was coaching. We weren't even the worst.
Swamp
@sirswampthing
·
Aug 26

Streaks of 5+ goals conceded in H&A games since 2019 R12 26 - STK 25 - GCS 24 - ESS 23 - CARL 22 - ADEL 21 - FREM 19 - HAW 16 - COLL NTH 15 - SYD 14 - RICH WCE 13 - GWS 11 - BRIS MELB PORT 9 - WBD 7 - GEEL

Brad Scott Has been appointed AFL GM of football. Cross him off your list and probably breathe a sigh of relief

Probably ? The Blues fans have not dodged a bullet but an absolute bombardment the likes we haven't seen since the Russians blew the doors of Berlin in the final days of WW2.

Also I reckon other clubs know how shite he is and he was never a realistic chance. You cannot be that poor at your job without others knowing.

Anywho well bloody done and good luck finding the right fit.

I'm ashamed to say I fell for it and clicked on the page. Please forgive me. Thy please be gentle on me.

1631792721162.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm ashamed to say I fell for it and clicked on the page. Please forgive me. Thy please be gentle on me.

View attachment 1237671
Club-wide review eh? How does this get past editors? It was a footy department 'wide' review. Simple fact wrong, hyperbolic nonsense. The media's job isn't to show their stupidity but it's whst they do.

Cripps is intriguing, isn't he? Six year fat contract and producing B to C grade games. I'm not a fan of writing off champions for too long.

Perhaps start rotating Stocker through the middle as his defensive mindset and levels of concentration are quite good.

If it was up to me I'll split pick 6 for two late first rounders and bypass Cerra. Hewett, late first round pick in draft and late first round for best available wing.

Our wings are below bad - unless Walsh plays there of course.
Stocker might be a goer,i think he might want to take the challenge on.Dow for me has been disappointing...and our next coach will be looking at the midfield engine room first up as an issue.We need Cerra and Hewitt and need them playing their very best
i think we will part with pick 6 for Cerra and we may also part with Samo,Setterfield,Dow etc depending what we can get for them
Currently with our team status we do have some credit and are on the way up with Walsh,H,Charlie,Weiters....so we might be able to trade with some value

Still believe he is the fallback option, if Clarko pulls out
Lyon i agree is probably still in the hunt,he just has to say what the club wants to hear.He rates himself as a team culture master and passionate about his role,i guess he will have to sell that.Money wise might be an issue.This could be part of it.Otherwise there are still a couple options after Lyon .....this will be bigger for Carlton than any trade this year if they can set this one up correctly.

Just an opinion... Whilst I am holding on to the slimmest of hopes of Clarkson, I would also be very happy with a first time senior coach such as Caracalla or Giansiracusa if Cook (or someone like him) were to become CEO.

Cook seems to exude a calmness, and has experience in building up Kardinia Park, as well as being involved in what seems to me is a well run Footy Department. If there is Cook (calmness, experience), G.Williams (steely resolve) and a Caracalla or Giansiracusa (clear plan and vision), I have confidence in the future.

EDIT: BTW, would also be ok with Kingsley as well....

Last edited:

View attachment 1237671
What a joke it is to call this a crushing blow, its obvious that his decision had nothing to do with rejecting Carlton.
Obviously he was making a decision whether he wanted to pursue coaching again or to continue pursuing a career in administration. Had he decided on coaching he would have the had discussions with Carlton.
As much as I would have liked to see him at Carlton I think he's made the best decision for himself, there's not a he'll of a lot of job security associated with coaching. None of this is shocking.
This is why I choose to take very little notice of what is said in the media.

Lyon i agree is probably still in the hunt,he just has to say what the club wants to hear.He rates himself as a team culture master and passionate about his role,i guess he will have to sell that.Money wise might be an issue.This could be part of it.Otherwise there are still a couple options after Lyon .....this will be bigger for Carlton than any trade this year if they can set this one up correctly.
Lyon was told he would not get the job, this is the only reason he has pulled out.... No body knocks back a 5 year contract on 900k+ because they cant be bothered having an interview.

Just an opinion... Whilst I am holding on to the slimmest of hopes of Clarkson, I would also be very happy with a first time senior coach such as Caracalla or Giansiracusa if Cook (or someone like him) were to become CEO.

Cook seems to exude a calmness, and has experience in building up Kardinia Park, as well as being involved in what seems to me is a well run Footy Department. If there is Cook (calmness, experience), G.Williams (steely resolve) and a Caracalla or Giansiracusa (clear plan and vision), I have confidence in the future.

EDIT: BTW, would also be ok with Kingsley as well....
Also just an opinion, why not be radical and appoint dual head coaches. Say Gia and Caracella or Gia and Kingsley. Would cost you less than Clarkson and you get two sharp minds.
I'll just show myself out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back