• Hardwick

• Schofield

• Buckley

• Montgomery

• Other

• Carr

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

How old are Buckley's kids? Would he be interested in trying to co-parent from another state?

I think the idea that he will go to WA to coach West Coast has no chance of happening. Maybe Port could work, but still unlikely.

I reckon it is Carr, i'm fine with it too. And i think they will make the call at the end of this season.

It is funny, the Dogs aren't even looking and Tassie don't exist.

Port are contending for a top 4 spot with a contracted coach and people think we should be openly looking for a new coach.

And journos are reporting that no assistant would interview for the Port job because they think Josh Carr has it in the bag.

Honestly it's getting like a full moon here.

It's cloudy, it could well be.

That's what over a decade of Hinkley will do to you, then factor in Koch.

I have been supporting this club for more decades than Ken and when the club allows it's supporter base to be called fickle and unreasonable for wanting change, i get angered to my core.

calm down united kingdom GIF

:tearsofjoy: Look I get it, it is frustrating.

On the other hand, Port have done nothing to quell the discontent with Hinkley either. All that media wagon circling was his mates. And they can get stuffed. They have no right to question our care and commitment for the club, not an individual.

I think the winds of change are blowing.

The lack of love for Carr here is deluded:

1. What we need more than anything is a change in attitude. We need a hard nut, competitive coach. Josh ticks that box.

2. The idea Josh is tainted by Ken is the delusional bit. As assistant, it’s his job to toe the line. He can’t come out in a presser and say “Ken’s not tough enough”, “Ken made a wrong call” etc. Josh was and is a team first person. But the view that Josh won’t do things differently
  • has no evidentiary basis
  • defies logic that he would not try and change things after a failed coach
  • forgets that above all Josh is a winner and leader- 10/10 Showdown record, that all important first goal in a premiership, a premiership as a coach with basket case North Adelaide playing young guys

3. He knows the players and has an existing relationship with them putting him well ahead of the alternatives. Because we are in a premiership window, that’s important.

4. He knows and loves Port- he has come back twice. He could’ve had the Richmond job.
The main thing we need is a new senior coach.

He doesn't have to come out and directly shit-talk Hinkley but not maintaining the "it's a tough competition"-type messaging is not difficult.

The players have underperformed regularly under him. A preexisting relationship can also be seen as a negative.

He could have had the Port job last year. If he is as much of a "hard-nut" and "winner and leader" (I'm reading ruthless from this), he would have knifed Hinkley early in the season when he was under pressure or forced the club's hand after our straight sets finals exit. The reports were that the family wanted to return to Adelaide mainly because it is where his wife's family reside. That he didn't go for the Richmond job is a further indictment that he is comfortable having a job at Port with the possibility for a public service-style promotion once he's served his time and the incumbent leaves.

Happy to be proven wrong but if he was ambitious, ruthless and above all dedicated to the success of PAFC he would have already thrown Hinkley out of the plane.

Edit: lol these Hinkley comments about being happy for Carr to piss off to coach a current basket case should have him seething.

How old are Buckley's kids? Would he be interested in trying to co-parent from another state?

I think the idea that he will go to WA to coach West Coast has no chance of happening. Maybe Port could work, but still unlikely.

I reckon it is Carr, i'm fine with it too. And i think they will make the call at the end of this season.
I think his boys are 15 & 17 years old.

If Josh doesn’t take over from Ken. I hope we throw the chequebook at Simmo.

Simmo’s record from 2014 - 2020 is simply incredible. It’s 93-50-1 for total win/loss record including finals of 64.93%. A premiership coach who a very good tactician, a bloke who will drive the standards and will keep people accountable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Josh doesn’t take over from Ken. I hope we throw the chequebook at Simmo.

Simmo’s record from 2014 - 2020 is simply incredible. It’s 93-50-1 for total win/loss record including finals of 64.93%. A premiership coach who a very good tactician, a bloke who will drive the standards and will keep people accountable.

He’s another coach who didn’t know when to quit.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

View attachment 2045033

Nobody wants you Ken, do the right thing for once and leave.

It's like he would feel it like Simo felt it but has his mates in the media to pump it up as Kenny against the white noise - so will never leave.

Portz, endless jobs for the boyz to be comfortable and achieve nothing.
You could stop him from going to West Coast, if you would just leave now.

View attachment 2045033

Nobody wants you Ken, do the right thing for once and leave.

It's like he would feel it like Simo felt it but has his mates in the media to pump it up as Kenny against the white noise - so will never leave.

Portz, endless jobs for the boyz to be comfortable and achieve nothing.

This is just Hinkley spinning it that he wont leave his job willingly, Carr will be a good coach, and if you want him, then you are going to have to sack me, because I'm not leaving and you might lose him.

This is just Hinkley spinning it that he wont leave his job willingly, Carr will be a good coach, and if you want him, then you are going to have to sack me, because I'm not leaving and you might lose him.

Just thinking back to the presser today re players returning question, never mentions Dixon and it’s brought up - he strangely forgets to mention him.

Next min Dixon’s listed and was dropped on form - and will play I’m sure.

He’s an absolute snake oil salesman.

We're not gonna get carr as head coach or schofield or Buckley or anyone decent because they'll all be poached by other clubs before we get a chance as Koch the spineless f*#kin prawn won't get hinkleys **** out his mouth and make the changes we've needed for the last 5 years can read it like a book the clubs struggling will get their needed coaches and improve meanwhile we're still putting together a never ending puzzle with a bunch of gambling, ego driven clueless clowns

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Our Next Coach

Back