• Hardwick

• Schofield

• Buckley

• Montgomery

• Other

• Carr

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Club has outsmarted itself - no other candidate will engage in a process because everyone knows Carr will get the job.

Amateur hour.

It's a good job.

Port backed a spud to the hilt you can be sure if you are any good the club will fall over itself to see you have the resources you need to succeed.

If you don't think you offer more than Carr and can't sell that to the board maybe you shouldn't apply

i dont really want Josh Carr because he stained himself with Hinklyism and i dont want buckley because although he was a great player he was a very average coach i think, losing a grand final to a interstate team is very bad considering it s pretty much a 5 goals advantage to his team with home ground advantage, interstate team from WA etc etc and the Eagles at the time were not really a world beating team.

What i want is a group of outside and inside people from the club make a short list of 10 or so candidates that go through a thorough interview process and if that ends up being josh or nathan then i can live with that.

Letting koch railroad this into his choice of Josh carr is just him saving face to give a smokescreen of the Hinkley era being successful when its been a utter train wreck.

I'd much rather Buckley than trust the likes of Chris Davies and Matthew Richardson to choose an untried assistant coach and actually make the right decision on it.

And you don't hire Buckley in a process either. You offer him the job.
didn't Rocket Eade crack the shits because we didn't just straight up offer him the job?

I feel like there has to be at least some process. Voss would've gone through a process at Carlton?

Audition Carr now. I think he will be good when he unshackles from Stinkers. If he bombs, then open it right up.

If we need to go market, I'd try and get Bevo. Tough bloke that Port needs to shake the joint up. The media hate him so he must be a good coach.

Bucks also may be a lot better the second time around and it feels almost destined that he will only have success at Port for some weird reason...

Bucks would be a good choice with an experienced senior assistant IMO.

Great at motivating players.
Knows about PAFC history to tie it in together.
Big profile to pull assistants to the club.
I was thinking Bucks would be a good Senior assistant to Josh Carr too. With the money that Hinkley was on and the money we should've saved by having our coaching department spend seemingly reduced dramatically in the last few seasons we should have enough money to make Buckley a highly paid assistant, he can be on the same as Carr or even more for all i care. And he mightn't want the stress of the head coaching gig again but misses being involved. It's worth a question being asked.

But Chris scott must be our first target as head coach.

I was thinking Bucks would be a good Senior assistant to Josh Carr too. With the money that Hinkley was on and the money we should've saved by having our coaching department spend seemingly reduced dramatically in the last few seasons we should have enough money to make Buckley a highly paid assistant, he can be on the same as Carr or even more for all i care. And he mightn't want the stress of the head coaching gig again but misses being involved. It's worth a question being asked.

But Chris scott must be our first target as head coach.
Why do people keep saying 'target chris scott?' I know he's a fantastic coach, but there's 0 chance he ever leaves Geelong. He'd rather die than coach elsewhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i know it does seem a bit weird and obsessive on ex port people but we could do a lot worse than have Choco back developing the kids in the SANFL.
Replace Lobbe with Choco as head of development, and also have him in the box mentoring Hammer, or whoever our SANFL coach is.

Why do people keep saying 'target chris scott?' I know he's a fantastic coach, but there's 0 chance he ever leaves Geelong. He'd rather die than coach elsewhere.
Have you literally forgotten what happened with Hardwick only 12 months ago? He realized as a career coach that he had done all he could at Richmond and needed to go somewhere else to continue his coaching career.

What have we got to lose in asking the question. It seems this little battler club that is not worthy of anything good mentality Kochie, Ken & co have fostered has filtered down to the fans.

Geelong are probably at the end of the line.

Could be they need a different coach to rebuild. Scott hangs around for the rebuild the supporters will turn on him in a couple of years.

I'd ask for sure.

What's Dew's beef with the club?

Annoyed we released him from his contract to follow his moviestarlet girlfriend to Hollywood, before having the hide not to ask for compensation when he returned to waddle around for Hawthorn 12 months later.

I don’t know what the opposite of a ****ing forward half press is, but that’s what I want a new coach to bring.

Constantly shown to not stand up when it matters
Slingshot footy?

So reappointed Hinkley in 2023 when they should have parted ways.

Promised the job to Carr in future to keep him and stop him applying for the Richmond job.

Now want to move Hinkley on early and default on the commitment to Carr.

My head is spinning but I think I get it.

Governance doesn’t seem to be the Port board’s one wood.

I don’t know what the opposite of a ****ing forward half press is, but that’s what I want a new coach to bring.

Constantly shown to not stand up when it matters

How good would be if Carr gets the interim job in a few weeks time and in his presser says, the first big change you will see is that I'm getting rid of the high, high press. I was never a fan of it, I didn't coach that way at North and Freo didn't use it when I was there, and we will press when we have to, but you will see a more defensive minded game plan and we wont let the opposition score so many easy goals. Our young mid field group wont be just all out attack. I don't have a second to waste, so I'm not going to let the players go thru a cruisey transition phase.

If we appointed James Hird the Hinkley apologists would be so confused as to what their opinion is they would faint.

Back