Prediction Our Rebuild Will Ultimately Fail - Prove Yourself Correct - 5YR Ladder Prediction

Remove this Banner Ad

Carmo

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
So, since we all seem so confident the club has no idea pls confirm it with your predicted path for us on the ladder over the next 5 years.
You reckon the coaches and Hamish etc have no ability, pls confirm that by saying the results that we'll get while they're in charge will be terrible. Can't see Nicks or Hamish going for another year or two at least. So you'd imagine if they last two the legacy will last another 4 at least, so this should be a window you can feel comfortable to predict our results. Predict away.

I assume from listening to the board it will be predominately predictions of 14th to 17th for the next 5.

Its very telling when people avoid doing these things. Especially when they avoid any and all of them and then want to speak authoritatively on football. Pissant captain hindsights.

My prediction
11th, 9th, 7th, 5th, 3rd.

We'll be a sub-8 win team this year and next, leading ultimately to Nicks' departure.

Impossible to say after that, tbh. But for the sake of the thread, I will say 14th, 13th, 13th, 12th, 12th.

Furthermore if I had to guess I'd say we're more likely to be out of the finals most years over the next decade, than contending during that time. We don't have the core player talent to see "Sando spikes", either.

Five years of terrible drafting and average coaching does that.

So, since we all seem so confident the club has no idea pls confirm it with your predicted path for us on the ladder over the next 5 years.
You reckon the coaches and Hamish etc have no ability, pls confirm that by saying the results that we'll get while they're in charge will be terrible. Can't see Nicks or Hamish going for another year or two at least. So you'd imagine if they last two the legacy will last another 4 at least, so this should be a window you can feel comfortable to predict our results. Predict away.

I assume from listening to the board it will be predominately predictions of 14th to 17th for the next 5.

Its very telling when people avoid doing these things. Especially when they avoid any and all of them and then want to speak authoritatively on football. Pissant captain hindsights.

My prediction
Another idiotic post. It’s not captain hindsight when you make calls prior to the event happening. Here’s examples:

Going in short against West Coast last year was idiotic and it proved to be.

Playing Crouch last weekend was idiotic and it proved to be.

Having a game plan that allows Stewart to run amok is idiotic, proves to be. Not that anyone actually made that call because it’s just common knowledge.

Drafting a midfield full of shorties surrounded by poorly skilled midfielders is idiotic, as it’s proven to be with our drafting of a 25 year from the state league to make up for deficiencies in our mix.

This year isn’t the first year of the rebuild so you’re giving Hamish and Nicks some grace, but anyway to keep you entertained:

14, 13, 11, 9, 9.

Ok, I'll play. I think we've pumped a lot of games into guys who won't make the grade, so will have to go backwards to go forward.

2022: 15th (Hamish departs at year's end)
2023: 18th (rock bottom year, Nicks sacked, Tex and Sloane retire)
2024: 15th (Thilthorpe and a few others show improvement but the side is still very inconsistent)
2025: 11th (building, not far away from finals, big name attracted in the trade period)
2026: 6th (back in the finals)

Ok, I'll play. I think we've pumped a lot of games into guys who won't make the grade, so will have to go backwards to go forward.

2022: 15th (Hamish departs at year's end)
2023: 18th (rock bottom year, Nicks sacked, Tex and Sloane retire)
2024: 15th (Thilthorpe and a few others show improvement but the side is still very inconsistent)
2025: 11th (building, not far away from finals, big name attracted in the trade period)
2026: 6th (back in the finals)

That seems a fair shout

Very hard to be too predictive given the likely departures of one or both of Nicks & Hamish

I predict everyone here is all playing a guessing game.

2022 - 14th
2023 - 11th
2024 - 8th
2025 - 5th
2026 - 1st (my hopeful prediction, nothing to do with logic).

Gut feel is that we spend the next 2 1/2 seasons in the wilderness. I would’ve said we’d be looking at finals in 2023 if you asked me six months ago, but the improvement just isn’t there right now

2022: 15th (continue to see more of the same)
2023: 16th (more stagnancy)
2024: 12th (would have to get a new coach by this point, start to see structural and individual improvement but still largely inconsistent as a side)
2025: 7th (things start to click into gear as Rachele, Soligo, RT etc start to come into their own)
2026: 5th (one of our peak years but still not quite enough to put us over the top)

My prediction

More chance of you getting a back a job making Holdens at Lizbeth

My prediction

I wouldn't call them predictions - more like absolute guesses. Here is my guess:

2020 - Wooden Spoon
2021 - 15th
2022 - 14th -
2023 - 14th - Nicks sacked
2024 - 6th
2025 - 4th
2026 - 5th

I wouldn't call them predictions - more like absolute guesses. Here is my guess:

2020 - Wooden Spoon
2021 - 15th
2022 - 14th -
2023 - 14th - Nicks sacked
2024 - 6th
2025 - 4th
2026 - 5th

Interested to know - what's the catalyst for us going from four consecutive bottom years straight in to three consecutive finals years?

Interested to know - what's the catalyst for us going from four consecutive bottom years straight in to three consecutive finals years?

No real reason apart from pure unadulterated hope.

Its hard enough predicting what's gonna happen in 2023 let alone after that. So I figured why not have my guess be a little more positive.

A lot depends on our 22/23 offseasons.

Are the next two offseason like 2017 where our draft is terrible and we lose a player of Charlie Cameron and it all falls apart?

Or do we knock it out of the park the next two years like we did in 2021 and get a great player like Dawson and draft well like Rachele and Soligo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So many variables here, but we are winning a lot of 4th quarters, and Blighty has given the thumbs up to the rebuild LOL.

A good exercise for everyone is to do a team on paper of players currently on our list who will be best 22 in 2024, see how many holes there are to be filled.

Tex is still the key to our good games but how many more seasons has he got as an influencial player, one. two? Sloane is as good as gone, Seeds too, Crouch is yesterday's man, Smith now 30 won't see finals again, Brown rising 30 and fading fast.

So few players have actually improved this season from last years low standard.

No confidence in our recruiting gurus to nail drafts from first to third picks and find gems late. We are so lucky Dawson decided to sacrifice his footy career to join us.

This season we still have 2 x WCE, 2 x Norf so that's four % boosting wins, snag another or two with great last quarters and we're 8-9 wins SO

2022 - 13th
2023 - 12th
2024 - 13th
2025 - 9th
2026 - 9th

Last edited:
In the next 5 years we'll double our premiership count. We've got a great coach, good youth coming through and a strong foundation of experienced players the best of which is our captain. We're talking about the womens team, no?

honestly, its hard to see through the clouds at the moment to a point where we'll actually play a final, let alone win one

2022 - 15th (6-16)
2023 - 14th (6-16)
2024 - 11th (9-13)
2025 - 10th (10-12)
2026 - 12th (8-14)

Bump!
While the negativity is running hot on this board I thought it would be a good time for everyone to "prove" their predictions about how bad we are by predicting our fortunes (which obviously will be bad, right?) out a couple of years.

Year one is gone, so there's only 4 left to go, get in while this offer lasts!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Our Rebuild Will Ultimately Fail - Prove Yourself Correct - 5YR Ladder Prediction

Remove this Banner Ad

Back