Out in straight sets?

Remove this Banner Ad

Why blame the forward line when the entire game has been played in hawthorns half of the ground, and when it has made it up there it has rarely been delivered to advantage.

A complete pantsing of our midfield, and I guess the whole over-training thing was a furphy. We dropped our bundle 7 games ago whether it be concentration or effort or whatever, we lost the ability to play cohesively.

A massive error by the brains trust if it can be traced back to worrying to much about the finals instead of finishing the H&A season properly. I guess we'll never really know.

Why blame the forward line when the entire game has been played in hawthorns half of the ground, and when it has made it up there it has rarely been delivered to advantage.

I'm not blaming the forward line for all this - just noting that when it does go down there we're useless. Agree with your point below:

A complete pantsing of our midfield, and I guess the whole over-training thing was a furphy. We dropped our bundle 7 games ago whether it be concentration or effort or whatever, we lost the ability to play cohesively.

Massive disappointment and the way we are getting smashed. People shot a lot of people down for saying they were worried about our form but winning form is good form and over the past 2 seasons we have won 2 and a half games from 15 which is a massive problem and our idea of concentrating for a game 6 weeks away when we still had football to play has backfired massively and our players have no confidence and will lose in straight sets. From the highest scoring team to a team now that struggles to score. Massive disappointment this side has let it's supporters down.

We are loosing the contested ball and clearances and we arent moving the ball fluently or in numbers. Hawthorn are going in hard at the ball and and we are fluffing about looking nervous and flustered with our disposal.

Agreed that tonight's performance is disappointing, but you earned the double chance and live to fight another day. Too early to call the season over. Cheer up guys.

Its a nightmare! They are just pannicking when (if) they get the ball. Can someone please tell me why Akermanis, who is probably our best attacking option starts in the backline? Questions must be asked of Eade. I feel really bad for Morris, how do you compete with the best player in the league when the midfield wont get in front at centre clearances. Hawthorn couldnt give a stuff about the supposedly talented dogs midfield. They just see ball, get ball. We see hawk player, stand behaind them, try to tackle and fail then chase arse all night. How about standing in front of your man and grabbing the pin with some confidence. Long thread but giving me the shits.:thumbsdown:

Agreed that tonight's performance is disappointing, but you earned the double chance and live to fight another day. Too early to call the season over. Cheer up guys.

With all due respect mate, it's easy for you to say chin up etc you follow the best team in the comp. We have not played good footy for weeks and weeks and some of us are sick of being let down year after year. We have not developed a descent KPP since Chris Grant and it is killing us. Although it would matter tonight if we had Pavlich up there because our mids have been thoroughly smashed from the word go.

After tonight's performance, I just can not see how we will even win next week, let alone the week after. :thumbsdown:

I think it is time to start looking to season 2009.

Massive disappointment and the way we are getting smashed. People shot a lot of people down for saying they were worried about our form but winning form is good form and over the past 2 seasons we have won 2 and a half games from 15 which is a massive problem and our idea of concentrating for a game 6 weeks away when we still had football to play has backfired massively and our players have no confidence and will lose in straight sets. From the highest scoring team to a team now that struggles to score. Massive disappointment this side has let it's supporters down.

Agree - we seem to be a confidence team more than most, and tonight is a simple and forseeable consequence of weeks of patchy to poor form.

Frankly, I'm not surprised.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chin up guys, premiership was decided a while ago. :p

Don't be dissappointed, your team made the top 4... Just seemed to have run out of gas unfortunately.

Still time, but sadly we can't play each other in the Granny anymore. ;)

Where are we really at?
I am a member and have followed the doggies for 50 + years. I am bleeding and spewing over our crap we dished up today.
We do not even deserve to have another chance.

We are loosing the contested ball and clearances and we arent moving the ball fluently or in numbers. Hawthorn are going in hard at the ball and and we are fluffing about looking nervous and flustered with our disposal.

The experts are calling us "tentative" in our attack on the ball...

Hawthorn are running straight at the ball with no regard for Dogs players. Why would they worry about us? They've out-psyched us, out-muscled us and totally outplayed us.

We look like a side without belief. Where did it go?

I was thinking that some weeks ago but didn't want to contemplate it until it actually happened.

IMO, rightly or wrongly, Eades re-signing or resigning will be linked to our finals performances.

as it should be really imo.

I feel for you blokes. I want to kick the TV tonight at the way they are playing, and I dont barrack for them. lol.

Hawthorn are running straight at the ball with no regard for Dogs players. Why would they worry about us? They've out-psyched us, out-muscled us and totally outplayed us.

It went 7 weeks ago when we decided to concentrate on a final and not play out the season and in that time we only won 2 games from 7 starts, just not good enough.

I wouldnt have the media anywhere near the team meetings etc, as was shown on tv here. All that stuff is rubbush imo.

and if you mean these panel of whankers on channel 7, they are all have Hawthorn blindness. Disgusting to listen to their adulation at the beginning, le alone now.

Maybe we played above ourselves in the first half of the year. Maybe we are just a middle of the road side who had a bit of luck and fitness advantage early stages.

Its a depressing thought. We are not good enough to challenge the big boys but too good to get decent picks to replenish our side.

I hope Jarrod Grant and Ayce Cordy have been stuffing their faces with pies the last 6 months because they have a massive role to play next year. We may have to go back a few rungs to be a legitimate chance of a premiership. Tom Williams, Grant, Cordy, Griffen, Ward, Cooney will win our next premiership. Sadly it wont be with Johnno, eagleton, Akermanis, West, Welsh, Hudson. And can we please get rid of Farren Ray.

Best news this year i reckon is Scott Clayton leaving. When he's been there 10 years and not only doesnt find us a decent key forward, but passes on Buddy Franklin. Massively overrated!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Out in straight sets?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back