Autopsy The gentle dogs go down in a thriller

Remove this Banner Ad

Some good observations on Sanders above. My take is that he hasn't adjusted to the pace of the game and more often than not he handballs because he's not confident in getting an effective kick away
Did it in the VFL too, despite getting high possession counts, far too often his first instinct is to look backwards to handball

The only thing I feel I'd like to add to this thread is - christ almighty Brisbane fans are just insufferable. Was at the game with my son last night and he was still rattled this morning by the goading and jeers from the mostly drunk bogan yobs in the crowd aimed at dogs supporters. Not something he'd really experienced at other games.

Oh and of course Lobb can pack his bags now.
Just remind him of 2021 when they were certainties until we beat them, and 2020 when they choked with all finals in Brisbane

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Did it in the VFL too, despite getting high possession counts, far too often his first instinct is to look backwards to handball
It is one of the reasons he was dropped back to the VFL. The kid has a good head on his shoulders. Give him the licence to attach more

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's because we just take what is given and don't complain about it. And we aren't one of the "BIG" Clubs so they do their draws first then fit us in around them.

That's why the AFL is a joke. Treat clubs like us as pieces of s*** that get what they've given and be grateful for it - see the Good Friday game debacle, lack of 'blockbusters', crap fixturing such as playing Geelong every freakin year down there and this year's no bye until Round 15 while many other teams have had two.

It's criminal. Just hope one day we get a board and CEO prepared to fight for the club.

Bont kicked a few but kept to 19 with the hard tag.

Neale with 38 and 2, allowed to do whatever the **** he wanted all game.

One of Bevo’s many blind spots.

Here’s another of those blind spots. The complete disregard for the ruck position and allowing this shit to continue year after year.
Jeez if Lachie Neale can get 3 votes for a 7 possession game, how many will the umps give him for a 38 possession game🤪

Jeez if Lachie Neale can get 3 votes for a 7 possession game, how many will the umps give him for a 38 possession game🤪

I think they just give him the Brownlow right there. Like a mercy rule, he’s obviously so good that there’s no point continuing the count.

Neale is a great player, but if he retires with 2 Brownlows and Bont doesn’t win one it’ll be ludicrous. Unfortunately I think that’s more likely than not at this stage.

That's why the AFL is a joke. Treat clubs like us as pieces of s*** that get what they've given and be grateful for it - see the Good Friday game debacle, lack of 'blockbusters', crap fixturing such as playing Geelong every freakin year down there and this year's no bye until Round 15 while many other teams have had two.

It's criminal. Just hope one day we get a board and CEO prepared to fight for the club.
💯 until we do we will get what we have always got and that is the shaft. Interstate clubs are pushing for a more equitable arrangement and we should too.

Have Freo got a VFL team?
Season 4 No GIF

Yep stats wise we were absolutely pantsed. The fact we got within 28 in the last is staggering.
We showed fight even though we are beat up which is an improvement over last year. Things didn't go our way but we were up against it in the circumstances

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've won just 3 from our past 11 home games at Docklands, only North have a worse "primary" home record over the same period.
It's not a home ground advantage there is so many matches played on it by interstate clubs that it doesn't hold any fears for them. Trouble with having so many "home" tenants at Marvel

A couple of random thoughts on the game
JOD played well and imo plays even better in defence. But has anyone checked his actual height against reported height? He just doesn’t look tall enough to be a CHB. It’s performance that counts I guess.

Good that the club brought up the bye inequity situation. In my fanciful moments I think maybe it’s the job of the AFL Integrity unit to raise it but that’s never going to happen.

I like Garcia and want him persevered with but can he not do so many dinky kicks ( that often miss their mark). It looks like he is a relatively low possession player so make them count for something son.

I hope the calls for Libba to be moved out of the middle are not based solely on last night’s performance. The guy is a legend and makes a greater contribution to us winning than at least 95% of his teammates. He makes a difference.

I am missing whatever elite AFL traits that Gallagher has. He has played every game so the coaches can see it but not me. That’s why they pay them the big bucks I guess. What is it that they see?
There is only one random thought Mr Walker 😃

A couple of random thoughts on the game
JOD played well and imo plays even better in defence. But has anyone checked his actual height against reported height? He just doesn’t look tall enough to be a CHB. It’s performance that counts I guess.

Good that the club brought up the bye inequity situation. In my fanciful moments I think maybe it’s the job of the AFL Integrity unit to raise it but that’s never going to happen.

I like Garcia and want him persevered with but can he not do so many dinky kicks ( that often miss their mark). It looks like he is a relatively low possession player so make them count for something son.

I hope the calls for Libba to be moved out of the middle are not based solely on last night’s performance. The guy is a legend and makes a greater contribution to us winning than at least 95% of his teammates. He makes a difference.

I am missing whatever elite AFL traits that Gallagher has. He has played every game so the coaches can see it but not me. That’s why they pay them the big bucks I guess. What is it that they see?
O’Donnell would easily be 6’ 6” and maybe a shade taller than say Naughton or one of those 195cm-ish guys which is pretty much standard key position height.

Just looked up Harris Andrews height (203cm) who might be measured by the same guy that did Darcy Moore (zero chance that he’s over 200cm) as Andrews and O’Donnell look about the same size.

He’s well and truly tall enough.

Yes the CEO doing this behind the scenes maybe occasionally publicly. But this is mainly the President’s job. Gordon was a fighter in his own way. And Smorgo did it too, but was extremely conscious to overcome the ‘poor me’ complex we had as a club, so always took things on the chin a bit.
I think we’ve moved past the ‘poor me’ attitude of the 1980’s/90’s era it’s probably time for our President to be much more forthright in the media about the shithouse FIXture we get year in year out.
2 games at the MCG as the away team, way less than Geelong and even some interstate teams, yet if we qualify for a home final, it’s at the MCG? I have been thinking for years that Queens birthday eve was the only free blockbuster time slot not utilised and this I see it’s bloody Carlton Essendon this year, how is this right? We could go on Good Friday, Round 0, Collingwood only ever as away team and at Marvel? Kardinia Park every year?
Maybe we could take the league to the Arbitration for Sport Committee for a hearing and legally ask for an equitable fixture, not a favourable one, we just want an equitable one!!

Not if you were at the ground. A guy named Keath insisted on playing 20 metres in front of his man, Jones was trying to mind two players most of the time while Keath avoided any contact.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Keath is done and has been for sometime just hasn’t registered yet

Ball in hand his jittery
Moves like a container ship turning

Only reason he’s playing is we have no KPD and the one developing won’t be there going forward

Yes the CEO doing this behind the scenes maybe occasionally publicly. But this is mainly the President’s job. Gordon was a fighter in his own way. And Smorgo did it too, but was extremely conscious to overcome the ‘poor me’ complex we had as a club, so always took things on the chin a bit.
I think we’ve moved past the ‘poor me’ attitude of the 1980’s/90’s era it’s probably time for our President to be much more forthright in the media about the shithouse FIXture we get year in year out.
2 games at the MCG as the away team, way less than Geelong and even some interstate teams, yet if we qualify for a home final, it’s at the MCG? I have been thinking for years that Queens birthday eve was the only free blockbuster time slot not utilised and this I see it’s bloody Carlton Essendon this year, how is this right? We could go on Good Friday, Round 0, Collingwood only ever as away team and at Marvel? Kardinia Park every year?
Maybe we could take the league to the Arbitration for Sport Committee for a hearing and legally ask for an equitable fixture, not a favourable one, we just want an equitable one!!

Definitely not advocating 'poor me' approach, more that we need to stand up and fight. It's crap that we've been so badly shafted - the bye situation is a disgrace but it's more than that. When was the last time we had a proper blockbuster fixture? The answer is never. I've also had a gutful of having to play at that s******* in Geelong so often.

Plenty of other examples, just want the club to grow a pair, show a bit of passion and stand up for itself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy The gentle dogs go down in a thriller

Remove this Banner Ad

Back