Ovens and King Football League 2006-2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Sheehan has moved on but his legacy remains at the All Blacks. All Blacks in Finals in 2009. Now coaching juniors in Benalla and doing well. This bloke knows his apples. Pity Benalla Saints couldn't see past their ego's to keep him... but that's what some families are like down there. Peter however, can hold his head high. Great coach and human being.

For the uneducated, the Benalla Demons is a proposed side from the soon-to-be defunct B&DFL... to take the place of Bright FC when they become the Alpine Eagles with Myrtleford.

For the uneducated, the Benalla Demons is a proposed side from the soon-to-be defunct B&DFL... to take the place of Bright FC when they become the Alpine Eagles with Myrtleford.
not sure why they would be the demons, isn't that what milawa are? bit unusual to have 2 sides with the same nickname in the same league, one would assume they would have the same jumper, or maybe wear the melbourne demons alternate strip?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Peter Sheehan has moved on but his legacy remains at the All Blacks. All Blacks in Finals in 2009. Now coaching juniors in Benalla and doing well. This bloke knows his apples. Pity Benalla Saints couldn't see past their ego's to keep him... but that's what some families are like down there. Peter however, can hold his head high. Great coach and human being.

Possibly the worst 3 years at all blacks while peter was coaching mate

Watched both finals on the weekend. As a specticle Saturday's game was terrible! Glenrowan didn't seem to have any answers to Milawa - u agree Tige? Will you be able to get back up after two 90 point losses in 2 weeks?
Whereas yesterday's game was great to watch! Was more free flowing, and good to watch. Moyhu seemed to find the run they had early in the year & if they keep that up they will be a team others won't want to play!!!
Only downfall of yesterday's game was the umpiring by 1 of the umpires more so. Hate to go on about umpires but it could cost a team a final! Of the 3 umpires, 1 was really good, 1 was so-so, & 1 was ordinary to say the least. He was very inconsistent to put it nicely.
Watching how the 3 umpire system worked it was a little confusing. When the ball was deep in 1 forward line, the 3rd umpire who wasn't in the play was DEEP down in the other forward line on the boundary line - seemed too far out of play if there was a quick tranistion of play. The other 2 umpires were inside the forward 50 of the attacking team! Would have thought they would have been more evenly spread out!!! Anyone agree?

Hey pants,ask him how his side went in the finals.:D:D:p
i'd prefer to be not playing finals than be humiliated like that tige, must be a tad worried having to play the hoppers this weekend, finals experience will definatley go a long way for them, and also didnt see many tiger players at the game, sunday arvo recovery session at the northo prehaps??:D:D

Hey BK, what the Bulldogs of the finals played on the weekend? Much come out of them to worry you boys?
The Milawa/Glenrowan clash was a non event. I expected Milawa to win comfortably but not by that much. It appeared that the Tigers didn't turn up to play. Milawa looked good but they also didn't have any pressure applied to them so it's a bit hard to read anything from that match. Leigh Newton didn't play much, there was talk that he injured his hammy but apparently he left at half time due to his commitments at Hawthorn who played Sat night. Not sure if that's the truth but if it is it'll be interesting to see what happens this week with Hawthorn playing Saturday arvo as well.

The match yesterday was a lot more entertaining to watch - especially toward the end. The right team won in the end as I'd image Moyhu would do more damage in the upcoming weeks than Bright would have. I reckon they'll end Glenrowan's season next week and then have a fair crack at either us or Milawa the following week.

Our match against Milawa should be a cracker. The Demons should have their confidence up after the weekend and rightly so. They have been fairly dominant in the last half of the year and will be looking forward to challenging us. I think it's fair to say that both sides can't wait for Saturday to come around.

He does cross the line with most things and is a bit of a knob, but I agree 100% with that quote.
If that makes me a knobhead, then I can deal with it. I don't think I was umpire bashing as I actually complimented an umpire. Again, he did a fantastic job. But as BK said, the umpires should be able to take "constructive criticism". And if they were serious about improving their standards, then having the coaches fill in a report with any issues/concerns or the areas they can improve would be a great idea.
As a casual observer, lover of football, and not associated with any club or umpiring group I read with interest what has been said about umpiring; and question whether some people understand what "constructive criticism" is. I was at a game on Sunday and from the time the ball was bounced until the final siren, supporters and club members of one particular club, berrated the umpires continually. If berrating umpires is 'constructive criticism', thank goodness it's not the 1700's in England, otherwise the umpires would have been hung without a trial. I don't totally disagree with umpires receiving appropriate feedback from club officials (however there is always that element of biase). How many winning sides would critic the umpire negatively as opposed to the loosing side. I get around to a few games and have noticed it's only 2 or 3 clubs who seem hell bent on ruining a nice day out, by drinking themselves into obivion and doing nothing but abuse and berate the umpires. Frustrated old footballers or haven't they been getting a bit lately. I think the league, clubs and umpires need to work together to make sure Ovens and King Football is the best it can be. I've been involved with sports interstate over many years and have seen local rugby league competitions fold because of supporter behaviour, lets not have it happen here. Best of luck to Tarrawingee & Milawa and Glenrowan & Moyhu.

As a casual observer, lover of football, and not associated with any club or umpiring group I read with interest what has been said about umpiring; and question whether some people understand what "constructive criticism" is. I was at a game on Sunday and from the time the ball was bounced until the final siren, supporters and club members of one particular club, berrated the umpires continually. If berrating umpires is 'constructive criticism', thank goodness it's not the 1700's in England, otherwise the umpires would have been hung without a trial. I don't totally disagree with umpires receiving appropriate feedback from club officials (however there is always that element of biase). How many winning sides would critic the umpire negatively as opposed to the loosing side. I get around to a few games and have noticed it's only 2 or 3 clubs who seem hell bent on ruining a nice day out, by drinking themselves into obivion and doing nothing but abuse and berate the umpires. Frustrated old footballers or haven't they been getting a bit lately. I think the league, clubs and umpires need to work together to make sure Ovens and King Football is the best it can be. I've been involved with sports interstate over many years and have seen local rugby league competitions fold because of supporter behaviour, lets not have it happen here. Best of luck to Tarrawingee & Milawa and Glenrowan & Moyhu.

lWell that's maybe because one of the clubs didnt really have many supporters at the game nixmuts. I believe you would be saying it was the Moyhu supporters then? I admit I follow Moyhu as my nephew plays for them, however from where I watched the match there was some Bright supporters who were abusing umpires & players for the whole game! So it depends where you were watching the game from.
If you are going to say there are only 2 or 3 clubs who ruin a good day, which clubs are they Nixmuts? You should mention the names of the clubs!
I agree constructive criticism is what is required, however when you have some umpiring decisions like there were on Sunday you can understand some peoples frustration!

i'd prefer to be not playing finals than be humiliated like that tige, must be a tad worried having to play the hoppers this weekend, finals experience will definatley go a long way for them, and also didnt see many tiger players at the game, sunday arvo recovery session at the northo prehaps??:D:D
you worry about what your club is doing,and try and get a kick because from what i seen on the weekend you did you did stuff all.

you worry about what your club is doing,and try and get a kick because from what i seen on the weekend you did you did stuff all.
calm down tige, wheres the need for the personal attack? was just making a simple observation! also was that young bloke from your club who recieved 10 weeks for striking earlier on in the year, playing on sat, thought glenrowan didnt want individuals like that around their club?? just curious?

calm down tige, wheres the need for the personal attack? was just making a simple observation! also was that young bloke from your club who recieved 10 weeks for striking earlier on in the year, playing on sat, thought glenrowan didnt want individuals like that around their club?? just curious?
as i said before,worry about your self getting a kick.and as we a diging up the past,why did you leave nth wang,didnt want to play twos there.:p:p:p:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back