Ovens and King Football League 2006-2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
lWell that's maybe because one of the clubs didnt really have many supporters at the game nixmuts. I believe you would be saying it was the Moyhu supporters then? I admit I follow Moyhu as my nephew plays for them, however from where I watched the match there was some Bright supporters who were abusing umpires & players for the whole game! So it depends where you were watching the game from.
If you are going to say there are only 2 or 3 clubs who ruin a good day, which clubs are they Nixmuts? You should mention the names of the clubs!
I agree constructive criticism is what is required, however when you have some umpiring decisions like there were on Sunday you can understand some peoples frustration!

We all know that its not good for footy to have continues abusing of umps and i admit that the around the coachs box area on Sunday was a little heated at times. But ill argue that anything said wasnt a result of drinking to oblivian in fact non of the guys around that area that i were standing with were drinking at all.Whether it be wrong or right it was a result of a cut throat game and a lot of passion, and some bemusing umpiring desisions. In every club alot of people put a hell of alot of time and energy into each season (UNPAID UNLIKE UMPIRES)this is why people get stirred up maybe nonuts hasnt ever put his heart and soul into a club and if he has he shouldnt be making stupid off the cuff statments like "because they havnt been getting any at home" it really takes the credability away from the post. So therefore i dont think its asking to much especially in a final to have that whole season work hinge on dodgey umpiring desissions. Two of the umps were pretty good and one was clearly not up to it and if the selectors cant see that well they should. Like the four remaining coaches they need to make the correct call as to who are and who arnt up to the pressure of finals,so lets hope they take something out of last week and make the correct selections.

as i said before,worry about your self getting a kick.and as we a diging up the past,why did you leave nth wang,didnt want to play twos there.:p:p:p:D:D
you know exactly why i left there, so why try to inncinuate that i left there for any other reason! just for the sake of other people that may be interested which i highly doubt they would be, i left purely for the reason that i wasnt enjoying my footy out there, and considering not playing the season out! and after speaking with the coach of nth wang he understood that, and was happy for me to return to my original club as he said, "he wouldnt be the bloke that would stand in front of someone who just wanted to play and enjoy the sport" so i wasnt trying to dig anything up, i was purely asking a question which you obviously wont answer coz you did state so publicly on this forum, "that you wouldnt have players that go round belting other players at your club", and that he was no longer welcome there!

you know exactly why i left there, so why try to inncinuate that i left there for any other reason! just for the sake of other people that may be interested which i highly doubt they would be, i left purely for the reason that i wasnt enjoying my footy out there, and considering not playing the season out! and after speaking with the coach of nth wang he understood that, and was happy for me to return to my original club as he said, "he wouldnt be the bloke that would stand in front of someone who just wanted to play and enjoy the sport" so i wasnt trying to dig anything up, i was purely asking a question which you obviously wont answer coz you did state so publicly on this forum, "that you wouldnt have players that go round belting other players at your club", and that he was no longer welcome there!
can you show me where i said that he was not welcome there.and if i was you i would quit while your ahead..

can you show me where i said that he was not welcome there.and if i was you i would quit while your ahead..
C'mon children, stop your nitpicking and sort your issues out in private instead of spamming this forum. Tige has posted his number on this forum so call him and sort it out so we can get back to discussing something important, such as why do the top two sides in the comp have to play at a smaller ground while the next best sides get the larger ground that will produce more free flowing footy?

and why north wang ground?is it just cause of location?cause the ground looked in terrible nick compared to the start of the season...was out having a kick at half time and it seemed to be very very soft and sluggish...

C'mon children, stop your nitpicking and sort your issues out in private instead of spamming this forum. Tige has posted his number on this forum so call him and sort it out so we can get back to discussing something important, such as why do the top two sides in the comp have to play at a smaller ground while the next best sides get the larger ground that will produce more free flowing footy?

Geez BK. With communication skills like that, you should consider umpiring!
Got any spare caps, Slim?

Good point about the grounds though. I agree it would be a better, free-flowing spectacle at Tarra, but having 1st play 2nd should provide a good contest anywhere.

And isn't the draw done before we know who is playing who, and when?
It would be wrong to change a venue based on the style of football that teams play.

Tarra by 40pts
Moyhu by 15pts

and why north wang ground?is it just cause of location?cause the ground looked in terrible nick compared to the start of the season...was out having a kick at half time and it seemed to be very very soft and sluggish...

Wonder if any finals will be played at Bonnie Doon next season?

Would be a ripping crowd!

Good point about the grounds though. I agree it would be a better, free-flowing spectacle at Tarra, but having 1st play 2nd should provide a good contest anywhere.

It would be wrong to change a venue based on the style of football that teams play.

Tarra by 40pts
Moyhu by 15pts
Agree that 1st V 2nd should provide a spectacle anywhere, but shouldn't the best two sides in the comp get to play on the best ground in the comp? I know that the draw is done before the ladder is finalized, but they are still aware that the top two sides will be playing on that day. It doesn't make sense to me, the same thing happened last year.

Agree that 1st V 2nd should provide a spectacle anywhere, but shouldn't the best two sides in the comp get to play on the best ground in the comp? I know that the draw is done before the ladder is finalized, but they are still aware that the top two sides will be playing on that day. It doesn't make sense to me, the same thing happened last year.

Agreed.

You're not just worried about losing home ground advantage BK? :p

Agreed.

You're not just worried about losing home ground advantage BK? :p
Haha, not at all. Milawa played very good at Tarra in the opening round so I'm sure they'd prefer to play there as well.

Would that be a factor when they are deciding the venues for the finals though? The decision is made in the last half of the year, and at that time both this year and last year Tarra were undefeated and were favourites to finish on top. So would the league have decided not to play the second semi at Tarra due to the potential home ground advantage?

Haha, not at all. Milawa played very good at Tarra in the opening round so I'm sure they'd prefer to play there as well.

Would that be a factor when they are deciding the venues for the finals though? The decision is made in the last half of the year, and at that time both this year and last year Tarra were undefeated and were favourites to finish on top. So would the league have decided not to play the second semi at Tarra due to the potential home ground advantage?

Isnt it a Tarra golf club problem for Saturdays ? North Wang worst ground to play home & away let alone Finals in my opinion.

Isnt it a Tarra golf club problem for Saturdays ? North Wang worst ground to play home & away let alone Finals in my opinion.
I've heard that virge, but I don't see how. We play footy there every second Saturday and there is no issue. I can't remember a time when there were more than a handful of golfers on the course during a footy game (although I'm not really taking notice of the golf course either). I thought competition golf at Tarra was on Sunday's which would coincide with the first semi this weekend...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've heard that virge, but I don't see how. We play footy there every second Saturday and there is no issue. I can't remember a time when there were more than a handful of golfers on the course during a footy game (although I'm not really taking notice of the golf course either). I thought competition golf at Tarra was on Sunday's which would coincide with the first semi this weekend...

May have something to do with that BK. You were flying last year as well.

As for the golf: anyone wanting to save a few $'s should go and pay the $5 green fees, load your golf bag up with booze, leave it by the side of a green and watch the game from the scoreboard end!

Would have a great game at our ground BK plenty of room for fast ball movement. Ground is in beautiful knick. B&D are using it Sat for a final.
Bonnie Doon and Swanpool I think. Might have to go down and learn a bit.

Geez BK. With communication skills like that, you should consider umpiring!
Got any spare caps, Slim?

Tarra by 40pts
Moyhu by 15pts

Got a shipment arriving this week actually TGN. I've even increased the size range up to 6XL to allow for head expansion due to over heating and constant brain strain. :p:p:D:D

TGN you may be able to help me out on this one. Heard today that "Guns" has accepted an Ass.Coaches role under Straughnie with Collingwoods VFL team. Any truth???

TGN you may be able to help me out on this one. Heard today that "Guns" has accepted an Ass.Coaches role under Straughnie with Collingwoods VFL team. Any truth???

Haven't heard anything of that nature Slim.

And if something like that was to happen, I would think it would be Straughnie assisting "Guns" - :D:D

If whorouly are to hold finals in the coming years they need to renovate there away rooms its very average.they should look at moving the finals to a different ground every year.

Weve done this one to death atb , read back through the threads and youll get some opinions but at the of the day its the leagues who make the call ask them.

Weve done this one to death atb , read back through the threads and youll get some opinions but at the of the day its the leagues who make the call ask them.
hey virge,what happened on sunday with the umpires, was someone reported and someone from the crowd told that he is not welcome back to any o&k games is that wright???????

Did play on a shit day and yeah its shit your right probably as bad , parking would be a night mare too . I just reckon the NW venue isnt a great place to go to the footy, its a prick of a place to watch the game theres always a breeze/wind that comes over the railway line right down the ground, the grounds on a funny angle the score boards in a shit spot then the bloody gun club banging away all day. Its just not a nice place to go to the footy credit to the club they have made huge improvments but to me it just hasnt got a great feel to it , of coarse our set up is perfect...not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back