Ovens and King Football League 2006-2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like i said in an earlier post there was a bit emotion under the verandah , not sure about anyone been told that or reported (can you report spectators?) but you might know better than me as to what the repercussions are, keep me posted.

Did play on a shit day and yeah its shit your right probably as bad , parking would be a night mare too . I just reckon the NW venue isnt a great place to go to the footy, its a prick of a place to watch the game theres always a breeze/wind that comes over the railway line right down the ground, the grounds on a funny angle the score boards in a shit spot then the bloody gun club banging away all day. Its just not a nice place to go to the footy credit to the club they have made huge improvments but to me it just hasnt got a great feel to it , of coarse our set up is perfect...not.

You're right there Virge.. I'd fire the surveyors who laid the ground out, doesn't matter which way the wind comes from it will always favour one lot of goals cause they are that far out of alignment. Miss the old scoreboard though.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Like i said in an earlier post there was a bit emotion under the verandah , not sure about anyone been told that or reported (can you report spectators?) but you might know better than me as to what the repercussions are, keep me posted.

I didn't stay all day but walked up and down under the covered area to get fizzy drinks and it was pretty emotive from both sides. Another issue is having the coaches boxes too close to the majority of the crowd, attracts too many people.

from what i have been told it was someone that sits in the coach's box and a spectator from the crowd was told not to bother coming to any more games,and they can be refused entry.

id be suprised if anyone who was actually in the coaches box would be pointed out , only the players and the coaches and the runner/trainers etc were in there, most of the anger was around and behind the coaches box, as Slim said they are so close to the verandah area there so it wouldnt be hard to confuse that i suppose.

id be suprised if anyone who was actually in the coaches box would be pointed out , only the players and the coaches and the runner/trainers etc were in there, most of the anger was around and behind the coaches box, as Slim said they are so close to the verandah area there so it wouldnt be hard to confuse that i suppose.

The is starting to go a bit far now isn't it??? refusing a spectator entry? What a joke! Unless they attack somebody or for a reason close to that I don't think a spectator should be refused.
Not to go back to Benalla (not having a go at any All Blacks people here Slim so don't take this the wrong way) but the people who used to sit behind the goals at the scoreboard end of Benalla were always there & never refused entry.
If someone is going to be refused entry for abusing umpires that is very, very petty & a complete joke!
I agree with you Virge, in close & exciting matches emotions run wild & sometimes things get said, however this would be taking it a bit far!
I was sitting on the opposite side of the ground to the coaches box so didn't really hear anything, but have been told there was words between the emergency umpire (or whatever he was; I saw him run onto the ground during a scuffle) and a supporter. If that's the case this umpire should be told that this is not acceptable! Don't think he should be saying anything during the course of a game!

Just wondering when the league B & F is?
And who peoples tips are, Seniors, Reserves, Thirds? Would Chris Daws from Tarra be a chance to poll a few?

The is starting to go a bit far now isn't it??? refusing a spectator entry? What a joke! Unless they attack somebody or for a reason close to that I don't think a spectator should be refused.
Not to go back to Benalla (not having a go at any All Blacks people here Slim so don't take this the wrong way) but the people who used to sit behind the goals at the scoreboard end of Benalla were always there & never refused entry.
If someone is going to be refused entry for abusing umpires that is very, very petty & a complete joke!
I agree with you Virge, in close & exciting matches emotions run wild & sometimes things get said, however this would be taking it a bit far!
I was sitting on the opposite side of the ground to the coaches box so didn't really hear anything, but have been told there was words between the emergency umpire (or whatever he was; I saw him run onto the ground during a scuffle) and a supporter. If that's the case this umpire should be told that this is not acceptable! Don't think he should be saying anything during the course of a game!

Can somebody spend a $ on Sat and buy the critic, seems most of our questions/comments are being answered or referred to in there..:D:D:D

And who peoples tips are, Seniors, Reserves, Thirds? Would Chris Daws from Tarra be a chance to poll a few?
I think the vote cote is on the Sunday night before the grand final. Could be wrong though.

I'm not even going to bother to try and tip the winners - I only see the Tarra games and I don't think they have had a clear standout all year. Brad Miller has been good but he missed a few games which could hurt him. Picko would probably be up there in the club vote count, but not sure if the umpires would recognise him. Daws should poll a few but I'd imagine the onballers would get more.

I think the vote cote is on the Sunday night before the grand final. Could be wrong though.

I'm not even going to bother to try and tip the winners - I only see the Tarra games and I don't think they have had a clear standout all year. Brad Miller has been good but he missed a few games which could hurt him. Picko would probably be up there in the club vote count, but not sure if the umpires would recognise him. Daws should poll a few but I'd imagine the onballers would get more.

Bit hard when you only see other clubs twice a year, so I think we could safely say the B&F winner will come from the group known as the usual suspects.....Bloody vote grabbin onballers :D:D:D

Count is on the 6th Sept BK

I wouldn't be surprised if Daws finished top three, or won it! Along with "Guns" he's the premier big man of the competition.
I agree, BK, that the onballers will get a few, but surely Daws (being under the umpires' nose all game) will poll strongly.
How has he gone in the past and where does he rate in terms of importance to the club? I think it would be a lot harder to replace him than one/two onballers. Thoughts?

I wouldn't be surprised if Daws finished top three, or won it! Along with "Guns" he's the premier big man of the competition.
I agree, BK, that the onballers will get a few, but surely Daws (being under the umpires' nose all game) will poll strongly.
How has he gone in the past and where does he rate in terms of importance to the club? I think it would be a lot harder to replace him than one/two onballers. Thoughts?

he is very important.can go forward and very hard to match up on, gives first use to on ballers in ruck contests and gets his 20 or some possi's a game. blokes like him are so valuable to have in a side. like a skinnier dean cox.:p

Not too sure how he gone in the previous league vote counts. Even though he is under the umpires nose, we often have players that get 35+ touches that will get more attention.

In the event that he did get a long term injury or decided to head elsewhere, I reckon we have the depth to cover him - or any other player for that matter. Jamie Bell has had an excellent first year at the club and someone like Ben Griffin or Joel Haddrick could step up to rotate through the ruck/forward line. I couldn't see him leaving the kennel anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is difficult because most people watch the team they support so only get to see other teams players twice a year so it's a hard one!
If the weekly record is anything to go by & the awards in it, in the seniors Jono Rea from King Valley should poll well, although as has been mentioned before players from teams who dont win many games generally dont poll enough 2's or 3's! And sometimes umpires don't see it the same as people off the field! Is so common for players to win league medal but not the club b&f or vice-versa...on field & off field votes vary so much!
I'm not sure about the reserves or thirds as I don't get to the games in time to see all of both games, but again maybe the names of players who are leading in the weekly record? What do other think of the reserves & thirds?

Not too sure how he gone in the previous league vote counts. Even though he is under the umpires nose, we often have players that get 35+ touches that will get more attention.

In the event that he did get a long term injury or decided to head elsewhere, I reckon we have the depth to cover him - or any other player for that matter. Jamie Bell has had an excellent first year at the club and someone like Ben Griffin or Joel Haddrick could step up to rotate through the ruck/forward line. I couldn't see him leaving the kennel anyway.

Daws would get my votes too. He is surely the dominent big man in the league. Hey BK, I've heard a rumour that the the two new clubs coming in next year, are very keen on picking up Dawes, as well as a couple of other Tarra players. Is there any truth to this? It's likely that they will be sniffing around.

I have seen Griffin play well in the ruck this year, could see him step up if daws left. But hard to see the big man leaving, he's pretty loyal.

Daws would get my votes too. He is surely the dominent big man in the league. Hey BK, I've heard a rumour that the the two new clubs coming in next year, are very keen on picking up Dawes, as well as a couple of other Tarra players. Is there any truth to this? It's likely that they will be sniffing around.
Wouldn't have a clue mate. I'd reckon the new clubs would try and poach players from other O&K clubs though. Don't really think it would really appeal to many Tarra players.

I hear you BK, but some of the money I've heared is on offer, it might make a few consider it. Money does talk in some people's hands. I am defineately not saying that Daws would be swayed by such offers, I bet you couldn't find a more loyal clubman at Tarra.

I hear you BK, but some of the money I've heared is on offer, it might make a few consider it. Money does talk in some people's hands. I am defineately not saying that Daws would be swayed by such offers, I bet you couldn't find a more loyal clubman at Tarra.

Heard a rumour that A James is top of the list for one of the new clubs..

From what I've heard, no B & D club has applied for a transfer to the O & K as yet. I'm not sure what the deadline is for an application but given the draw for the next season is normally finalised in Nov, they'd want to get a move on.

From what I've heard, no B & D club has applied for a transfer to the O & K as yet. I'm not sure what the deadline is for an application but given the draw for the next season is normally finalised in Nov, they'd want to get a move on.

Very true Jacko, but it does seem to be a sure thing that at least Swanpool and Goorambat will be in the O&K next year. I don't think the O&K really has much choice, and the O&K want to be seen to be doing the right thing. The VCFL has made it quite clear that the B&D is finished. There could possibly be 4 new clubs in the O&K which would really complicate things. Does the O&K stick with the current finals system (top 5), or do they go to final 6, or even final 8 system. What about finals catering etc. next season and beyond. And the thirds comp! What will become of that. There are many questions to be answered before any planning can be started for next season. Interesting times ahead!

Just going by what i've seen in the paper and on the O and K website, there's quite a few people that MAY be in the running for the League B&f... It's A pretty even spread over the top few people for getting in the best..

Jono Rea (King Valley)
Jamie Berry (North Wangaratta)
Wayne Millis (Whorouly)
Evan Laverty (King Valley)
Scott Pell (Milawa)
Jaimon Mcgeehan (Moyhu)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back