Ovens and King Football League 2006-2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How's Tarra & Nth Wang grounds looking? Since those grounds are going to be the first to cop a hiding with this O&K version of a pre-season NOB, ahem, I mean NAB cup???
Tarra's ground is pretty good at the moment, the rain has done it wonders in the past few weeks. Have heard that Nth Wang's ground is playable at the moment too.

Community Day of Football & Netball – Ovens and King Football Netball League
Saturday March 20th 2010 – Tarrawingee and North Wangaratta
Rules of Play:
Football –
  • Normal rules of play will apply through out the Community Day, except where stipulated below.
  • Clubs may have upto 30 players participate during the course of the day.
  • There will be two halves of 15 minutes with no time on.
  • Teams will be required to be ready to participate at the allocated times.
  • There will be no boundary umpires – a free kick shall be awarded to the opposition of the team that last handled the ball.
  • To add an incentive in the scoring and interest of the games – a goal kicked outside the 50 metre line shall be rewarded with a 9 point goal.
  • A Grand final shall be played between the two teams that finish first at each venue. Percentage will be taken into account should the number of wins not separate the top two positions. The Grand final will be played at Tarrawingee.
  • Clubs will be required to supply – a goal umpire, timekeeper/check scorer and a scoreboard attendant. White coat and time clock will be required to be provided by the club.
Netball –
1. Normal rules of Netball will apply through out the Community Day except where stipulated below.
2. Clubs may have upto 15 players participate during the course of the day. The players shall be named on all scoresheets from game 1.
3. There will be two halves of15 minutes for each game. Players can be interchanged as per the world cup rules. There shall be a five minute break in between each quarter.
4. A Grand final shall be played between the two teams that finish first at each venue. Percentage will be taken into account should the number of wins not separate the top two positions. The Grand final will be played at Tarrawingee.
5. Clubs will be required to supply – Umpires, scorers, timers, medical officer, tram manager, scoreboard attendant and scorebooks.
6. Club umpires will be paid by the League.

if there is no entry fee and the host clubs are taking the catering , how are they goin g to make any dough , wasnt the idea of this for the league to make some money to cover the inter -league costs ???

if there is no entry fee and the host clubs are taking the catering , how are they goin g to make any dough , wasnt the idea of this for the league to make some money to cover the inter -league costs ???
Not sure, if that is the idea I'd imagine there will be an entrance fee. I could be wrong on the catering too.

Yeah, I don't expect any to be kicked at Tarra though. Should be a few at Nth Wang.

Also heard thar additonal points allocated for 1/2's won as well as games won,any one heard same....

Will teams play full strength sides...?????

I suppose more details will be revealed at tonights delegates meeting...

Also heard thar additonal points allocated for 1/2's won as well as games won,any one heard same....

Will teams play full strength sides...?????

I suppose more details will be revealed at tonights delegates meeting...
I highly doubt it. I haven't heard of any club that is for the idea of this tournament, so I reckon clubs will use to day to trial younger players. The better/experienced/injury-prone players from each side will probably pull the jumper on for one game at the most. No point risking blokes two weeks out from the season opener.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah slim, the arc at Tarra is 50m. Nth Wang's is much shorter though, have heard it was around the 43m mark but not sure how true it is.

So a club has a greater chance of kicking a higher score at Nth Wang than at Tarra with the 9 pt system..........Needs to be the same at both grounds to be fair and equitable.

Not that I give a stuff....

Not sure, if that is the idea I'd imagine there will be an entrance fee. I could be wrong on the catering too.

Heard from someone at the meeting last night that the host clubs are to take profits from the catering, but the league is to take a % of those takings. And the 'Community Day' is about getting to know the new clubs and has nothing to do with covering the losses made at interleague...

Also if the format is popular that next year other clubs would get the opportunity to host the day e.g. All Blacks & Glenrowan or Greta & Moyhu or whomever they see fit.

Heard from someone at the meeting last night that the host clubs are to take profits from the catering, but the league is to take a % of those takings. And the 'Community Day' is about getting to know the new clubs and has nothing to do with covering the losses made at interleague...

Also if the format is popular that next year other clubs would get the opportunity to host the day e.g. All Blacks & Glenrowan or Greta & Moyhu or whomever they see fit.

I'm sure they would have heard at the meeting how POPULAR it really is before planning ahead....:thumbsdown: or are they planning some more new clubs for everyone to meet next year too

Yeah it makes it difficult JB. Guess those clubs would just have to select 30 players for the day and the others would have to sit it out.

Have you guys got any other praccy matches planned?

It may be more of a worry for the clubs struggling to get 25 players..
There wont be much rest for those blokes during the day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back