Ovens and King Football League 2006-2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes its hardly worth a response is it Slim but because i like you guys ill do it ..... Thats a stupid assumption GO weve both seen the kid play, enough said. In saying that if a young bloke wants to come and have a go well we are more than happy to accommodate as we all know we need as much youth as possible. And besides you never know what some people can bring to the club.

He thinks he can play Virge and likes to tell people he can aswell. Heard today slim a few of your young 3rds players from last year have had a bit of cashed waved at them from some of the b and d clubs

I reckon its pretty ordinary offering 17-18 year old kids money to play, getting them in the wrong mindset before they even start there senior careers

He thinks he can play Virge and likes to tell people he can aswell. Heard today slim a few of your young 3rds players from last year have had a bit of cashed waved at them from some of the b and d clubs

Dunno which ones from last year GO, they only won 1 game, probably only 1or 2 would play snrs......Mate it appears that if you put a footy jumper on and stand around long enough some idiot will offer you cash...Regardless of ability because it's a numbers game at the moment.......Having said that our 3rds from a few years ago were getting hounded by diff B&D clubs over the past couple of years.

I reckon its pretty ordinary offering 17-18 year old kids money to play, getting them in the wrong mindset before they even start there senior careers

Couldnt agree more Moosha, how can clubs possibly justify paying kids of that age money to play. Surely, unless they are amongst the Bushrangers ranks, they wouldntve ever done anything to hang their hats on. Money has ruined country footy in my opinion.

Couldnt agree more Moosha, how can clubs possibly justify paying kids of that age money to play. Surely, unless they are amongst the Bushrangers ranks, they wouldntve ever done anything to hang their hats on. Money has ruined country footy in my opinion.

Spot on....People are more concerned with short term success to boost their own egos than to look at the bigger picture.....Build not buy, has to be a better feeling when the big one comes.

Dunno which ones from last year GO, they only won 1 game, probably only 1or 2 would play snrs......Mate it appears that if you put a footy jumper on and stand around long enough some idiot will offer you cash...Regardless of ability because it's a numbers game at the moment.......Having said that our 3rds from a few years ago were getting hounded by diff B&D clubs over the past couple of years.

Mate use guys reckon we are stupid dont you. Wear only tring to survive. So wot if we have to give out a lot of money to get us better. i bet use give money to bloks as well:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

they'll get a fright when they see some of there players match payments !! I hear they scored an on baller from Myrtleford, not sure who or what he is like ??

Cant remember the name ,but not exactly setting the world on fire,apparently played with williamson down in melbourne, not a paid player though.

I was down at the bar reserve tonight having a look at the greta boys train, a few of them were looking pretty fit. Shane Graham was tearing it up, so was richie martinello and scott Wallace, I even heard a rumor that he may be making a comeback to the game after 5 years out!!

Mate use guys reckon we are stupid dont you. Wear only tring to survive. So wot if we have to give out a lot of money to get us better. i bet use give money to bloks as well:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Chuck I don't know who "we" are....But as anyone who has been around footy for a while will tell you that it is "unwise" to try and buy a side. It always ends in tears,usually your own.

Chuck I don't know who "we" are....But as anyone who has been around footy for a while will tell you that .it is "unwise" to try and buy a side. It always ends in tears,usually your own

Ha ha good one slim, your telling me the new blokes you guys have running around down there this year are playing for the love of it. Get your hand off it mate, Haebich, Webb and co are some of the most money hungry blokes getting around. Be prepared for TEARS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ha ha good one slim, your telling me the new blokes you guys have running around down there this year are playing for the love of it. Get your hand off it mate, Haebich, Webb and co are some of the most money hungry blokes getting around. Be prepared for TEARS

I'll excuse your ignorance, I've never said that we don't pay players. we have limits like all sensible clubs and stay within them.....

I'll excuse your ignorance, I've never said that we don't pay players. we have limits like all sensible clubs and stay within them.....

Ha ha ha, weren't you posting earlier about building houses etc.??? oh that's right all rumours. But I guess that is also a bit different than actually paying players - how would the tax office classify that? :confused::p

Ha ha ha, weren't you posting earlier about building houses etc.??? oh that's right all rumours. But I guess that is also a bit different than actually paying players - how would the tax office classify that? :confused::p

Thanks for the reminder NAL, I must follow up on the air con and spa ;););)

Couldn't agree more Doggies#8 money has ruined country footy and it appears to be getting worse. No kid at 18 years old should be paid. Would like to point out tho that a player can only get money if 2 clubs are prepared to pay.(always the odd exception). Would of thought that "incentives" would be a better way for clubs to go. That way the players that are performing well get the money. If the kids are good enough they will be in the money and if they can play can back themselves in to be in the top 3 or 4 every couple of weeks.

Couldn't agree more Doggies#8 money has ruined country footy and it appears to be getting worse. No kid at 18 years old should be paid. Would like to point out tho that a player can only get money if 2 clubs are prepared to pay.(always the odd exception). Would of thought that "incentives" would be a better way for clubs to go. That way the players that are performing well get the money. If the kids are good enough they will be in the money and if they can play can back themselves in to be in the top 3 or 4 every couple of weeks.

Spot on Crac, but human nature is to be lazy and take the easy way ( or easy money). That's why I believe paid players should be reviewed every few weeks. It's easier to get your $$ every week and put a reasonable showing than it is to bust a gut and get the top prize for the day.....Paid players should be filling the best 6 each week....Don't get me wrong tho there are paid players who do bust a gut and worth the $$ paid....

Sure we pay a couple of good players to help strengthen our side.. But its the blokes that dont get paid that have stuck by the club through the tough times that will make our club strong. And there are more than a few that im sure could play elsewhere for money.

Blacks have built a solid base over the last few years, the right way. We are now getting to the point where whilst the base is good but to be genuine contenders you need some pollish.

You have to look at quality and track record of these blokes, ie Premierships, Leugue medals, Club B&F's, Goalkicking awards etc.... IMO These are the blokes that should be paid, they not a pack of pimple covered 17 year old's strait out of thirds and lucky to have played a senior game let alone prove themselfs at senior level.

You have to look at it from these blokes point of view aswell, most of them are starting to settle down, get married kids etc... and given that they live in benalla it makes alot of sense to play where you live rather that travel 30-40min to train, play etc

Spot on Crac, but human nature is to be lazy and take the easy way ( or easy money). That's why I believe paid players should be reviewed every few weeks. It's easier to get your $$ every week and put a reasonable showing than it is to bust a gut and get the top prize for the day.....Paid players should be filling the best 6 each week....Don't get me wrong tho there are paid players who do bust a gut and worth the $$ paid....

In the end player payments are club decisions based on the recruiting committee, budget available, players available and the general club attraction.

There are the added bonuses of recruited paid players (if popular) bringing along others who may have ability and may play for nothing, which you may find has happened with Haebich/Blacks - Slim .........

They would be playing for free black and white

In the end player payments are club decisions based on the recruiting committee, budget available, players available and the general club attraction.

There are the added bonuses of recruited paid players (if popular) bringing along others who may have ability and may play for nothing, which you may find has happened with Haebich/Blacks - Slim .........

Too true Sparra, it hashelped bring a few extras :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back