Ovens and King Football League 2006-2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, come on slim. Don't be like that :p

Let's take tips on which team will have the biggest mad Monday for those that won't make the five...

Also, does anyone know the last time a player kicked 100 goals in the seconds? Brendan Wilson is only 13 off and it'd be a fair achievement if he could get them this week during the home and away season.

Why hasn't he been promoted if he's going that well?

Last Round Played: Round 18 Date: 16/8/2008

Home Team v Away Team
» Tarrawingee 26.20 (176) v » Benalla All Blacks 5.2 (32)
» Milawa 7.5 (47) v » Bright 13.10 (88)
» King Valley 17.9 (111) v » Glenrowan 13.6 (84)
» North Wangaratta 9.10 (64) v » Greta 8.11 (59)
» Moyhu 8.5 (53) v » Whorouly 31.13 (199)

Last Round Played: Round 18 Date: 16/8/2008

Home Team v Away Team
» Tarrawingee 26.20 (176) v » Benalla All Blacks 5.2 (32)
» Milawa 7.5 (47) v » Bright 13.10 (88)
» King Valley 17.9 (111) v » Glenrowan 13.6 (84)
» North Wangaratta 9.10 (64) v » Greta 8.11 (59)
» Moyhu 8.5 (53) v » Whorouly 31.13 (199)

Is that Gretas 1st wooden spoon.....I reckon the Blacks boys were happy to relinquish it....

That'd do it. ;)

Imagine Wilson in a pocket though. :eek:
I'd like to see Willo play up but I don't think he wants to as he plays better when he is the main forward. Very unselfish player though, fell 4 short of his 100 and gave a few easy ones off. It would be hard to squeeze him in the senior forward line with the regular on ball/forward pocket rotations.

I'd like to see Willo play up but I don't think he wants to as he plays better when he is the main forward. Very unselfish player though, fell 4 short of his 100 and gave a few easy ones off. It would be hard to squeeze him in the senior forward line with the regular on ball/forward pocket rotations.

BK it'd be harder on the umpires having to create even more soft free kicks for 2 full forwards :p:p:p

BK it'd be harder on the umpires having to create even more soft free kicks for 2 full forwards :p:p:p
Yeah but some of the free kicks and 50's Sesho received on the weekend were just dumb footy by a few players. If a bloke marks a ball and is on his knees, the opposition can't just walk up to him and push him over. I'm sure Sesho doesn't mind though, it helped him kick 13 and break the league record set by Moorey.

Yeah but some of the free kicks and 50's Sesho received on the weekend were just dumb footy by a few players. If a bloke marks a ball and is on his knees, the opposition can't just walk up to him and push him over. I'm sure Sesho doesn't mind though, it helped him kick 13 and break the league record set by Moorey.

Yeah wasn't a bad effort especially the one he kicked to break it, that was apearler

Happy to see Blacks relinquish the wooden spoon, though it did come down to 3 clubs and percentage. Reckon the panther boys would've been devastated if having won more games in this season than any other for a very long time only to have got the wooden spoon again!

League would be happy with the competitiveness of all the clubs with the bottom 4/5 sides all winning a few games. Even with the big difference between the bottom sides to the top sides, seems that the competition may be evening out and that can only be a good thing!

Happy to see Blacks relinquish the wooden spoon,
though it did come down to 3 clubs and percentage. Reckon the panther boys would've been devastated if having won more games in this season than any other for a very long time only to have got the wooden spoon again!

League would be happy with the competitiveness of all the clubs with the bottom 4/5 sides all winning a few games. Even with the big difference between the bottom sides to the top sides, seems that the competition may be evening out and that can only be a good thing!

I can tell ya NAL there was afair bit of rejoycing and merriment Sat nite/ Sun

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yes bear---very happy at kv been there all year. 4 wins in last 7 games just had to win last game, with a large crowd of past player there, thay were all fire up to get off the bottem spot . good finish to the year for us maybe a good sign for nexted year!!:thumbsu:
icon12.gif
:thumbsu:

SENIORS
Qualifying final: (Ladder Pos 2 v. Ladder Pos 3)
» Bright 3.7 7.14 10.22 15.25 (115) v » Whorouly 2.2 4.3 9.5 10.8 (68) TBA
Goals
Bright Ty Baxter 4, Daniel Sgambelloni 3, Mathew Kelly 2, Christopher Hickey 2, Ben Jones 1, Luke Brock 1, Cal Nicholls 1, Thomas Buckley 1
Whorouly Luke Matheson 3, Bradley Mcpherson 1, Jonny Mercuri 1, John Pethybridge 1, Chas Pianegonda 1, Robert Harrington 1, Ryan Heafield 1, Anthony Ivone 1
Best
Bright Ben Jones, Regan Alexander, Joel Matthews, Grant Harris, Cal Nicholls, Christopher Hickey, Thomas Buckley
Whorouly Mathew Harris, Robert Harrington, Paul Glanville, Matthew Mcneil, Luke Matheson, Anthony Ivone

RESERVES

» Whorouly 2.5 4.7 7.10 10.13 (73) v » Bright 1.1 4.4 6.5 7.7 (49) . TBA
Goals
Whorouly Joel Buis 4, Greg Doodeward 2, Zachary Guilfoyle 1, Greg Hill 1, Christian Mcgauran 1, Ryan Mcneil 1
Bright Brendan Cherry 2, David Kelly 2, Mathew Williamson 1, Adam Graves 1, Rick Cavendon 1
Best
Whorouly Daniel Harris, Cameron Wood, Christian Mcgauran, Phil Hill, Chris Muraca, Joel Buis
Bright David Kelly, Cade Nightingale, Grant Savage, Brendan Newcomb, Andrew Badrock, Adam Graves

THIRDS
» Bright 4.1 9.6 13.12 18.12 (120) v » Tarrawingee 0.2 1.2 1.2 3.4 (22) TBA TBA
Goals
Bright Dylan Bursill 4, Timothy Hickey 4, Blaze Jordan 3, Aydan Scott 3, James Mcguffie 2, Christopher Pangrazio 1, Daniel Parente 1
Tarrawingee Ryan Breust 1, Jim Dell'oro 1, Mitchell Gamble 1
Best
Bright Kyle Arter, Timothy Hickey, Aydan Scott, Blaze Jordan, Dylan Bursill, Samuel Kerlin
Tarrawingee Rick Turnbull, Jarrod Everitt, Tom Mason, Christopher Mangubat, Jim Dell'oro, Justin Zane

SENIORS
» Bright 3.7 7.14 10.22 15.25 (115) v » Whorouly 2.2 4.3 9.5 10.8 (68) TBA
Goals
Bright Ty Baxter 4, Daniel Sgambelloni 3, Mathew Kelly 2, Christopher Hickey 2, Ben Jones 1, Luke Brock 1, Cal Nicholls 1, Thomas Buckley 1
Whorouly Luke Matheson 3, Bradley Mcpherson 1, Jonny Mercuri 1, John Pethybridge 1, Chas Pianegonda 1, Robert Harrington 1, Ryan Heafield 1, Anthony Ivone 1
Best
Bright Ben Jones, Regan Alexander, Joel Matthews, Grant Harris, Cal Nicholls, Christopher Hickey, Thomas Buckley
Whorouly Mathew Harris, Robert Harrington, Paul Glanville, Matthew Mcneil, Luke Matheson, Anthony Ivone

Had alook at the game today and Bright were all over whorouly. I reckon whorouly looked very flat and were beaten acrosss the board. Didn't get enough out of guys like Onions,Viner,Mcpherson and Glanville { not bashing him JB, just think he didn't do enough around the ground} I reckon Nightingale had the better of him. The young kid on Baxter was abit slow and couldn't read the play like Baxter. Matt Kelly was a standout I reckon. Hickey was dangerous when he went up forward and I didn't see Luc Dean-Johns on the ground, or the bench??.
Was within earshot of the bright bench and I've never heard a club bag their own players as much as the group around the bench.
Stanna was there ,didn't play and no Tilson again, are they both injured JB ???
The kid Buckley took it up to lance Barton on the wing, a great battle all day and Adam Pascoe couldn't hold a mark at FF.. Bright must have missed 12 very kickable goals...

SENIORS
Elimination final: (Ladder Pos 4 v. Ladder Pos 5)
» Milawa 1.0 6.6 10.11 11.13 (79) v » Moyhu 2.3 7.3 9.7 13.12 (90)

Goals
Moyhu Darren Petersen 3, Mark Higgs 2, Andrew Balfour 2, Scott Douglas 1, Nathan Gorman 1, Nicholas Hill 1, Rhett Allen 1, Lionel Schutt 1, Shane Wohlers 1
Milawa William Russell 3, Dale Mcphan 2, Troy Comensoli 1, Mark Hallinan 1, Brent Newton 1, Raymond Ussher 1, Jeff Whitehead 1, Rob Carlile 1
Best
Moyhu Peter Sullivan, Matthew Thewlis, Lionel Schutt, Mark Higgs, Leroy Dowling, Cameron Forrest
Milawa Brent Newton, Rob Carlile, Dale Mcphan, Michael Batey, Raymond Ussher, Jeff Whitehead

RESERVES
» Milawa 1.2 4.2 8.4 11.6 (72) v » North Wangaratta 0.1 2.4 3.5 3.9 (27) . TBA
Goals
Milawa Matthew Daws 3, Craig Nesbitt 2, Bradley Revell 2, Tim Lewis 2, Jeremy Haywood 1, Jake Henshall 1
North Wangaratta Christopher Snowdon 3
Best
Milawa Mathew Roberts, Chris Lewis, James Coles, Tim Lewis, Craig Nesbitt, Jake Henshall
North Wangaratta Justin Adamo, Kiangkai Douangphosay, Sid Wallace, Brendan Bisignano, Christopher Snowdon

THIRDS
Team v Team Location Time
» Benalla All Blacks 2.4 3.7 3.10 4.12 (36) v » Whorouly 3.0 4.3 6.5 9.7 (61) TBA
Goals
Whorouly Justin Gervasoni 3, Benjamin Masin 3, Corey Southern 1, Wilson Mcnally 1, Sam Stevens 1
Benalla All Blacks Aron Watts 2, Dylan Pastuszka 1, Rory Saunders 1
Best
Whorouly Angus Henderson, James Neary, Justin Gervasoni, Corey Southern, Nicholas Henderson
Benalla All Blacks Sam Frampton, Dylan Pastuszka, Maverick Spencer, Stephen Butterworth, Mitchell Roberts, James Clarke

SENIORS
» Milawa 1.0 6.6 10.11 11.13 (79) v » Moyhu 2.3 7.3 9.7 13.12 (90)

Goals
Moyhu Darren Petersen 3, Mark Higgs 2, Andrew Balfour 2, Scott Douglas 1, Nathan Gorman 1, Nicholas Hill 1, Rhett Allen 1, Lionel Schutt 1, Shane Wohlers 1
Milawa William Russell 3, Dale Mcphan 2, Troy Comensoli 1, Mark Hallinan 1, Brent Newton 1, Raymond Ussher 1, Jeff Whitehead 1, Rob Carlile 1
Best
Moyhu Peter Sullivan, Matthew Thewlis, Lionel Schutt, Mark Higgs, Leroy Dowling, Cameron Forrest
Milawa Brent Newton, Rob Carlile, Dale Mcphan, Michael Batey, Raymond Ussher, Jeff Whitehead

Great result Virge fill us in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back