Ovens and King Football League 2006-2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Virge is a true a head count took place? Fill us in

Yeah it was a monumental cluster **** you might say , after a competative first quater it all turned to shite after a mix up at 1/4 time which had us with 19 on the ground. It really took the sting out of the game, i dont think the result would have been any different but we had no chance once the score went to zero in wet conditions. To the boys credit they fought it out though.

Good win BK. Bright extremely aggressive and physical early but it told later in the game when they ran out of legs... Brock's attempt to upset Sessions was fairly ordinary... Thought Frankie Eames was great all day, Woodsy ?I think it was was in it too. What was the injury outcome with sharp and allan.
Thought Sgambolli and Dean -Johns were fairly good for Bright and Matt Kelly is worth every cent Bright are paying... What was with Picko, didn't seem to be able to get into it...... And as for those stats, I spent the 1st qtr next to the bench, holmesy and the boys were very busy... Gooch Miller and scotty Oliver showed their class. Dogged game for 3 qtrs will be a good rematch in 2 weeks time on the big ground
Yeah the boys are happy with the win slim. I guess we got off to a slow start but thankfully it didn't take us too long to get our act together. There was a bit of physicality there but it was good to see our boys stand up and do the damage on the scoreboard. Yeah Frankie was excellent which was what we needed after Sharpy went off, and Woodsy really lifted after the major break. No major injuries came out of the match so we should be at full strength at the showgrounds. Sharpy copped a bump from Nightingale but would've been right to come back on if we needed him. Toota Allan seized up a little in the last qtr but pulled up ok. I think Picko has been a little crook which may be why he was a bit flat on Sat. Lets hope for a fine sunny day come two weeks so both sides can show their full class.

I went out to watch yesterdays game and there was a bit of chat before the game that Moyhu could really push Whorouly in the conditions. That all got thrown out the window when the score got wiped. I can't say I've ever seen that happen before and probably never will see it again. Does anyone know if it's happend in the league in recent times? Expected Moyhu to come out hard after that but it wasn't to be. I can't really see Whorouly beating Bright this weekend.

Yeah it was a monumental cluster **** you might say , after a competative first quater it all turned to shite after a mix up at 1/4 time which had us with 19 on the ground. It really took the sting out of the game, i dont think the result would have been any different but we had no chance once the score went to zero in wet conditions. To the boys credit they fought it out though.

Undoubtedly a couple of people feeling a bit ordinary

Yeah the boys are happy with the win slim. I guess we got off to a slow start but thankfully it didn't take us too long to get our act together. There was a bit of physicality there but it was good to see our boys stand up and do the damage on the scoreboard. Yeah Frankie was excellent which was what we needed after Sharpy went off, and Woodsy really lifted after the major break. No major injuries came out of the match so we should be at full strength at the showgrounds. Sharpy copped a bump from Nightingale but would've been right to come back on if we needed him. Toota Allan seized up a little in the last qtr but pulled up ok. I think Picko has been a little crook which may be why he was a bit flat on Sat. Lets hope for a fine sunny day come two weeks so both sides can show their full class.

I went out to watch yesterdays game and there was a bit of chat before the game that Moyhu could really push Whorouly in the conditions. That all got thrown out the window when the score got wiped. I can't say I've ever seen that happen before and probably never will see it again. Does anyone know if it's happend in the league in recent times? Expected Moyhu to come out hard after that but it wasn't to be. I can't really see Whorouly beating Bright this weekend.

I reckon Baxter might have some sort of injury, ok in a straight line but a big turning circle, or is that normal. Haven't seen enough of him to know

Anyone think Whorouly can get up on Sat.... I'd like to see Bright win so they can lose consecutive GF's
After recently playing both teams and watching them play, I honestly can't see Whorouly getting up. Bright will be too quick for Whorouly's big blokes in the conditions forcasted. I'd love to see a close match that comes down to the last quarter though.

After recently playing both teams and watching them play, I honestly can't see Whorouly getting up. Bright will be too quick for Whorouly's big blokes in the conditions forcasted. I'd love to see a close match that comes down to the last quarter though.

More likely you'd rather see them belt the snot out of each other :p:p:p

Haha, yeah that'd be good too! But from a spectators point of view it'd be great to see a tight game. Whorouly will dominate the ruck but Glanville will need to do more than punch long if they are to have a chance. The big punch is a good idea to get the ball away from Brights potent midfield but it becomes too predictable and ends up resulting in a turnover. Bright by 6 goals - Baxter 2 goals, Luc 5. Pascoe to kick 3 at the other end, Marek to last one qtr.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha, yeah that'd be good too! But from a spectators point of view it'd be great to see a tight game. Whorouly will dominate the ruck but Glanville will need to do more than punch long if they are to have a chance. The big punch is a good idea to get the ball away from Brights potent midfield but it becomes too predictable and ends up resulting in a turnover. Bright by 6 goals - Baxter 2 goals, Luc 5. Pascoe to kick 3 at the other end, Marek to last one qtr.

I agree with this margin - 4 to 6 goal win for Bright in a physical match

Guessing this is the League B&F's ?? Went looking to the website for a Presentation Night report and nothing!! So who were the other winners and team of the year etc. etc...
Yeah Frankie and Kelly took home the Baker Medal. Reserves was also a tie between Brendan Wilson from Tarra and a Whorouly player, not sure who. The team of the year will be in the Chronicle on Friday (that's an assumption based on the last few years). Tarra got 6 players in, Bright 4 and Whorouly 3 I think. Interesting to see that Frankie was only named on the bench though...

Yeah Frankie and Kelly took home the Baker Medal. Reserves was also a tie between Brendan Wilson from Tarra and a Whorouly player, not sure who. The team of the year will be in the Chronicle on Friday (that's an assumption based on the last few years). Tarra got 6 players in, Bright 4 and Whorouly 3 I think. Interesting to see that Frankie was only named on the bench though...

Any Moyhu boys get in BK have been away. Interesting that Whorouly wont have any representation on GF day in either footy or Netty which would be the first time for a long time i would have thought, good effort how long do ya reckon jb.

Any Moyhu boys get in BK have been away. Interesting that Whorouly wont have any representation on GF day in either footy or Netty which would be the first time for a long time i would have thought, good effort how long do ya reckon jb.
Sorry, couldn't tell ya mate. I wasn't there and only know what the boys told me last night at training. According to Mondays Chronicle there will be full coverage in todays paper.

Christian Mcguaran I think and Henderson from whorouly in the 3rds I think

GF's on Sat

3rds Milawa... rumblings on Bright players eligibility with combine set up
2nds Tarra
1sts Tarra. Matt Kelly to win the Ian Pople medal for BOG

Gretas B&F Sunday... Guess who

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back