Ovens and King Football League 2006-2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite a negitive post there. Thought Ricky Willet (whilst not setting any land-speed records) was pretty handy when moved forward.
Wapling out this weekend and Dockers is a couple away yet which is unfortunate, Blacks are a far better side with him on the field.
Wally's been crook, dont expect anything big from him, he is playing as a leader to help out the kids.
Rate the descission highly to make Cooney captian, did a fantastic job on the weekend and is made of the right stuff to lead a footy side.
Will be a tough one for the Panthers this week but who knows, there is certinally no love lost between the sides, i recommend every one to get down the friendly's and have a look tomorrow.
Greta have some good players coming back in too this week.. Paul Phillips who one their 2nds best and fairest last year and only player about 6 games and the years before that has been a handy backline player for the blues also Aidan Ryan didn't play first game solid player on ball and also a handy running back good skills.. so those two players will add a bit more depth for the blues this weekend

How many games will the blacks win this year, will they improve like they hope to??

It looks like being another long year for the Blacks. I just cant see them having the fire power up forward to kick enough winning scores, considering they are missing Pete Ward - 32 (goals last year) Dylan Brennan - 21, Hayden Croot - 19, Dallas LePoideven - 10. Add to the fact Dockers - 12 is out injuried. This equates to 50% of their total goals scored last year. Now in a team that only managed to average 10.3 goals a game in 2006, Naturally they are going to struggle. Time will tell if Ashman & the likes can fill the void.

Should be a close one tomorrow none the less.

Tarrawingee 10.11 (71) v Moyhu 12.9 (81)
King Valley 21.8 (134) v North Wangaratta 10.10 (70)
Glenrowan 11.11 (77) v Bright 15.7 (97)
Benalla All Blacks 4.4 (28) v Greta 20.9 (129)
Milawa 5.7 (37) v Whorouly 21.18 (144)

Quite a negitive post there. Thought Ricky Willet (whilst not setting any land-speed records) was pretty handy when moved forward.
Wapling out this weekend and Dockers is a couple away yet which is unfortunate, Blacks are a far better side with him on the field.
Wally's been crook, dont expect anything big from him, he is playing as a leader to help out the kids.
Rate the descission highly to make Cooney captian, did a fantastic job on the weekend and is made of the right stuff to lead a footy side.
Will be a tough one for the Panthers this week but who knows, there is certinally no love lost between the sides, i recommend every one to get down the friendly's and have a look tomorrow.
Hey Moosha just an outsiders view .Didn't see the game but the score line was a bit bigger than i thought . I know consistancy is an issue with a young side but 100 points was a lot . Who they got next week ?

All Blacks have a long way to go obiviously if the Greta boys defeated them by 100 points and i have talked to a few Greta boys and think they are only going to finish 4 or 5th and no higher.. So All Blacks are going to struggle for a few more years yet i believe but good to see some of their thirds players coming through and playing well

What can i say, Blacks were bad (1st half was terrible) and greta were good, alot stronger than we thought.
Couple of the young blokes were down a bit but on the same note 3 of the best 6 were 19, 18 and 16 respectively so while some were bad others were still good.
Its hard to rate, alot of positives out of round 1 and then to get flogged in what was seen to be a winable game.
Whorouly this week.................

Is Rob Carlile still playin out at milawa this year? and if he is does anyone know how he is playin?

All Blacks have a long way to go obiviously if the Greta boys defeated them by 100 points and i have talked to a few Greta boys and think they are only going to finish 4 or 5th and no higher.. So All Blacks are going to struggle for a few more years yet i believe but good to see some of their thirds players coming through and playing well

What is wrong with the All Blacks? Why are they strugling so bad? Why has some of the young kids gone to Tatong? Why have they not been able to pick up some new handy players? I thought they were a proud and succesfull club but at the moment they seem to be only going backwards.

What is wrong with the All Blacks? Why are they strugling so bad? Why has some of the young kids gone to Tatong? Why have they not been able to pick up some new handy players? I thought they were a proud and succesfull club but at the moment they seem to be only going backwards.

Club was within an inch of its life 3 years ago, i think the off field stability has been the number 1 goal until now.
The board wont allow the footy department to spend money, these days its its a battle with the district league overpaying blokes to head out there.
It taking longer than most expected but i do still believe that All Blacks will rise to be somewhere there abouts in the Ovens and King, its just a matter of surviving times like this and putting up with the sh-t, it is easy for outsiders to sink the boot in because they see an easy target.
As for the kids, there all still about.
Only 2 went out to tattong to my knowing and thats to be expected, neither of them are cut out for the scrap that Blacks are in at the moment.
Good luck to them, looks like they might get a flag out of it........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Club was within an inch of its life 3 years ago, i think the off field stability has been the number 1 goal until now.
The board wont allow the footy department to spend money, these days its its a battle with the district league overpaying blokes to head out there.
It taking longer than most expected but i do still believe that All Blacks will rise to be somewhere there abouts in the Ovens and King, its just a matter of surviving times like this and putting up with the sh-t, it is easy for outsiders to sink the boot in because they see an easy target.
Only 2 went out to tattong to my knowing and thats to be expected, neither of them are cut out for the scrap that Blacks are in at the moment.

Well spoken moosh. I heard the coach has alot of time for kids who are willing
to listen and learn. I'm also told they reckon they will have a home grown side in the next2-3 years. Is that right.

Moosha would like u to tell me who the kids that went to Tatong from the Blacks who are getting paid? There seems to be this perception that Tatong is paying everybody that pulls a boot on and I just don't see it. To my knowledge the only person from Blacks that is getting paid is Coxy and I wouldn't classify him as a kid. Not lookin for a shit fight but are interested in your reply. cheers.

Moosha would like u to tell me who the kids that went to Tatong from the Blacks who are getting paid? There seems to be this perception that Tatong is paying everybody that pulls a boot on and I just don't see it. To my knowledge the only person from Blacks that is getting paid is Coxy and I wouldn't classify him as a kid. Not lookin for a shit fight but are interested in your reply. cheers.

Gotta stick up for moosh here, he never said kids were getting paid.It may pay to re read his post Bomber

Well spoken moosh. I heard the coach has alot of time for kids who are willing
to listen and learn. I'm also told they reckon they will have a home grown side in the next2-3 years. Is that right.

That is fine to have time for the young guys coming through but remember when they start playing senior footy they are not kids any more.But why have they not been able to pick a few older players up to help these young blokes along.I have heard that the coach might not be a great drawing card and a lot of blokes around the town do not rate him as a coach could this have been part of the reason.

That is fine to have time for the young guys coming through but remember when they start playing senior footy they are not kids any more.But why have they not been able to pick a few older players up to help these young blokes along.I have heard that the coach might not be a great drawing card and a lot of blokes around the town do not rate him as a coach could this have been part of the reason.

Played under him for a season in 04, found him to be great,straight down the line.. The guys who talk him down are probly the ones he told to turn the light off at night before they go to sleep or the ones he told to stop blowing kisses at the bloke in the mirror. Unfortunately the stigma that has been associated with the club holds them back in recruiting, though I know that most of the d|ckheads have been moved on.

Gotta stick up for moosh here, he never said kids were getting paid.It may pay to re read his post Bomber

I am sure if you spoke to a couple at blacks that were in the know last season , you be surprised to find there was a kid being paid...

That is fine to have time for the young guys coming through but remember when they start playing senior footy they are not kids any more.But why have they not been able to pick a few older players up to help these young blokes along.......

Just finding it hard in an environment where blokes are, in my opinion getting overpaid in other leagues.
Money will come, but as we have seen with other clubs it is only a short-term fix, true depth comes from within.........

Just finding it hard in an environment where blokes are, in my opinion getting overpaid in other leagues.
Money will come, but as we have seen with other clubs it is only a short-term fix, true depth comes from within.........
Agree with you moosha and think that most footballers in all leagues are over paid and money is ruining football. In saying this if clubs want to be competitive I feel they will have to pay players, how much and who is upto them. I think a good example is the Benalla Saints to my knowledge this year they are not spending as much money and look at there current status on the ladder and the future not looking a whole lot better. Will say that clubs are going to have to spend there dollars wiser in the years to come.

Can somone tell how simon hunter is going, he used to play for eltham in the diamond valley and disappeared a few years back. Is he at King valley.

Just found this board.....couple of point I'd like to make, based on some of the posts;

1. Whorouly will win the Premiership - no doubt about it. From what I have seen they are a class above everyone else.

2. The guys that have left Greta have left due to
a) T Hazell & B Willoughby - Moved to Perth
b) M Polwarth - move to Cheltenham - work promotion
c) T Primmer - playing at Mulwala - where he lives
d) S Christou - Cheltenham - he lives in Melb
e) C Patrick & C Vaughan - retired
f) B Pollard - back to Benalla Saints to play with his brother
g) S Hazell - back to Saints to play with mates
Greta would've kept most of these blokes had they stayed around locally.

3. Rory struggled against Whorouly - as did everyone. Greta had very few winners on the ground in Rd 1. He then missed last week - I think he's back for the Glenrowan clash.

4. The All Blacks have the right approach to their footy. They are blooding youngsters - and they will be right in a few years as long as these blokes stick around. Greta were bigger then the Blacks on the day and were smarter with the ball, which will happen when a majority of the side are kids. They play in the right spirit of the game and they cop the results on the chin and show up week after week - my hats goes off to them & their club.

5. Mick Polwarth or Bangers to most. Top bloke, good footballer. Was a team leader last year. Leads by example. Tough at the ball - plays taller then what he is.

6. My Ladder.
Whorouly
Bright/Tarra(can't split at this stage)
Moyhu
KV/Milawa/Greta/Milawa/Glenrowan/Blacks These teams will fight it out for 5th sport, it's too early in the year to access. The top 4 is a certainty

Thanks for the summary Popes, good post.
That will be all out of me for a while gents, leave you blokes to battle it out over all things important in the O&K, not just the All Blacks.........

Just found this board.....couple of point I'd like to make, based on some of the posts;

1. Whorouly will win the Premiership - no doubt about it. From what I have seen they are a class above everyone else.

2. The guys that have left Greta have left due to
a) T Hazell & B Willoughby - Moved to Perth
b) M Polwarth - move to Cheltenham - work promotion
c) T Primmer - playing at Mulwala - where he lives
d) S Christou - Cheltenham - he lives in Melb
e) C Patrick & C Vaughan - retired
f) B Pollard - back to Benalla Saints to play with his brother
g) S Hazell - back to Saints to play with mates
Greta would've kept most of these blokes had they stayed around locally.

3. Rory struggled against Whorouly - as did everyone. Greta had very few winners on the ground in Rd 1. He then missed last week - I think he's back for the Glenrowan clash.

4. The All Blacks have the right approach to their footy. They are blooding youngsters - and they will be right in a few years as long as these blokes stick around. Greta were bigger then the Blacks on the day and were smarter with the ball, which will happen when a majority of the side are kids. They play in the right spirit of the game and they cop the results on the chin and show up week after week - my hats goes off to them & their club.

5. Mick Polwarth or Bangers to most. Top bloke, good footballer. Was a team leader last year. Leads by example. Tough at the ball - plays taller then what he is.

6. My Ladder.
Whorouly
Bright/Tarra(can't split at this stage)
Moyhu
KV/Milawa/Greta/Milawa/Glenrowan/Blacks These teams will fight it out for 5th sport, it's too early in the year to access. The top 4 is a certainty

Great post popes, pity you still run like a girl .lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back