Ovens and King Football League 2006-2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
was talkin to the Moyhu coach today and he said there was no way that they had offered a maggies ressies player that sort of money, had tried to get a senior maggies player (the same bloke every club chased) and offered him money but it was way under what other clubs had offered apparently, but he has decided to stay at maggies.

I have no reason to disbelieve the kid bads, as you have no reason to disbelieve the coach...My point was, as virge put it, that clubs do offer average players too much money and the inflation spiral begins.....This is only going to get worse as player numbers diminish ( which is a sad fact of life ) and clubs struggle to survive....The VFL clubs blame the major league clubs who blame the minor league clubs for throwing money around.....Until the AFL and the VCFL pull their heads out of their respective arses and realise that only a very small percentage of kids go through the elite pathway and the majority of their customers, the respective clubs and leagues, are struggling to survive then country footy will continue to die a slow, agonising death.
Major steps toward the retention of 14-18yo kids has become a priority but unfortunately the AFL/VCFL think grass roots footy is TAC level.

I have no reason to disbelieve the kid bads, as you have no reason to disbelieve the coach...My point was, as virge put it, that clubs do offer average players too much money and the inflation spiral begins.....This is only going to get worse as player numbers diminish ( which is a sad fact of life ) and clubs struggle to survive....The VFL clubs blame the major league clubs who blame the minor league clubs for throwing money around.....Until the AFL and the VCFL pull their heads out of their respective arses and realise that only a very small percentage of kids go through the elite pathway and the majority of their customers, the respective clubs and leagues, are struggling to survive then country footy will continue to die a slow, agonising death.
Major steps toward the retention of 14-18yo kids has become a priority but unfortunately the AFL/VCFL think grass roots footy is TAC level.

I'd believe the coach b4 a guy i'd just met at the races slim, but i can see where ya comin from..i'm just setting it straight that Moyhu haven't offered anyone that money that isn't worth..

Does anyone know departures and gains for most clubs at this point of time?

Probably a bit early GO, nobody really knows the absolulte truth on departures until 1st Feb and the same with arrivals, I've known of blokes that give an undertaking and a handshake then down the track when a clearance is dropped in front of them they get cold feet or tell you they are going to take a larger offer elsewhere.

Not to sure what others think, but i think the chronicle need a bit more footy over the summer months, if they cant get interviews with clubs more often, they could publish what is written on this forum, would be good for a laugh at least with some of the dribble that gets posted, just a thought

Not to sure what others think, but i think the chronicle need a bit more footy over the summer months, if they cant get interviews with clubs more often, they could publish what is written on this forum, would be good for a laugh at least with some of the dribble that gets posted, just a thought

Bit unfair Datto, Nonch already gets some of the Chronnies best leads from here....Look how we managed to improve this years coverage....Hey Nonch :D:D:D

Bit unfair Datto, Nonch already gets some of the Chronnies best leads from here....Look how we managed to improve this years coverage....Hey Nonch :D:D:D

It's true - occasionally this forum does yield something decent, but at the same time 95 per cent of the rumours that pop up on here are rubbish. It's tough to run a lot of footy stories over summer, because coaches are generally not willing to confirm any potential recruits or departures until they actually happen, and unlike this forum we can't just print rumours. As for printing comments from the forum, I would imagine there would be some legal issues around that, not to mention the fact it would upset a lot of clubs, so it's a pretty safe bet that's not going to happen. But feel free to make suggestions people - your input is always welcome, and we're always trying to improve coverage where possible:thumbsu:

It's true - occasionally this forum does yield something decent, but at the same time 95 per cent of the rumours that pop up on here are rubbish. It's tough to run a lot of footy stories over summer, because coaches are generally not willing to confirm any potential recruits or departures until they actually happen, and unlike this forum we can't just print rumours. As for printing comments from the forum, I would imagine there would be some legal issues around that, not to mention the fact it would upset a lot of clubs, so it's a pretty safe bet that's not going to happen. But feel free to make suggestions people - your input is always welcome, and we're always trying to improve coverage where possible:thumbsu:
Not too sure about that nonch, today's issue of the the Border Mail has direct quotes from the O&M thread. Anyway, I generally don't think publishing rumours from this thread would be a good idea. Anyone that wants their rumour fix can simply go this this site and read the stories that are floating around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was just a bit bored when i posted that, thought it'd be good for a laugh!!:D:D

Not too sure about that nonch, today's issue of the the Border Mail has direct quotes from the O&M thread. Anyway, I generally don't think publishing rumours from this thread would be a good idea. Anyone that wants their rumour fix can simply go this this site and read the stories that are floating around.

Yeah thats right BK , like the one about Sesso going to the rovers....

Have Bright appointed a new coach yet or has Sharp decided to stay
Sharp has departed slim, but unsure who has been appointed. Have heard that it maybe someone from myrtleford, bit maybe just be a rumour!! Maybe nonch can find out?? And also heard that steve nightingale may be headed to nth albury

Sharp has departed slim, but unsure who has been appointed. Have heard that it maybe someone from myrtleford, bit maybe just be a rumour!! Maybe nonch can find out?? And also heard that steve nightingale may be headed to nth albury

Certainly hope thats not true, enjoy watching the guy and way he goes about his business, hard and direct but goodluck to him if he does...

Slim, if blacks have signed Fear and Haebich and a few others from Tunga, will that mean that Hearn will follow or has he signed at Glenrowan as previously posted.

Steve Bozicevic the 1's. Rooter McKinnon the 2's. You would think Nutter is done at O&M level, but he's had 3 great seasons in the O&K and may want to have another crack. Straight swap for Ben Jones!

Slim, if blacks have signed Fear and Haebich and a few others from Tunga, will that mean that Hearn will follow or has he signed at Glenrowan as previously posted.

As far as I know at this stage Sparra they have only signed Haebach from Tungamah, don't know what Fear is doing, as for Hearn I'm told he was made an offer that was too good to refuse by Tige. So Tige might be able to answer that one for you.

What's his history BB, playing coach?

Early impression is he's not a big talker. Was announced as coach at their B&f count six weeks ago, and have called and left a number of messages with him, but am yet to get a call back. Disappointing from my pov, as Sharpy was one of the best in that respect. As far as his history goes, he was drafted from Myrtleford to Sydney in '89 i think, but didn't play a game. Went over to Tassie and had some success as a player i believe, and coached a few clubs. Would probably be too old to be pulling on the boots again, but that's just a guess...

Early impression is he's not a big talker. Was announced as coach at their B&f count six weeks ago, and have called and left a number of messages with him, but am yet to get a call back. Disappointing from my pov, as Sharpy was one of the best in that respect. As far as his history goes, he was drafted from Myrtleford to Sydney in '89 i think, but didn't play a game. Went over to Tassie and had some success as a player i believe, and coached a few clubs. Would probably be too old to be pulling on the boots again, but that's just a guess...

Thnx Nonch you're veritable wealth of knowledge..:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Had previously signed on as coach a few years back but pulled the pin prior to Xmas. 2nd time coming it could be said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back