Ovens and King Football League 2006-2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Virge, have heard your Hoppers haven't only got new coach but also off field you have got some new heads! Heard Alex Macca + Sherro aren't president + vice anymore. They have been in charge for years haven't they? They have done a great job out there from what I've heard! Any reason for the change?
Who are the new heads at the club now? Didn't get those names, only that the other 2 had stepped down.

Virge, have heard your Hoppers haven't only got new coach but also off field you have got some new heads! Heard Alex Macca + Sherro aren't president + vice anymore. They have been in charge for years haven't they? They have done a great job out there from what I've heard! Any reason for the change?
Who are the new heads at the club now? Didn't get those names, only that the other 2 had stepped down.

These 2 blokes have been fantastic towards us since we joined the league. Big shoes to fill..

I'm pretty sure that Justin Schultz is pres an Mario Anania vice pres. Correct me if I'm wrong Virge.

Good call on the Rovers and Sessho BK, big loss, will Chopper step up?
Yeah Sesho is a fair loss slim, good to see him finally having a crack at O&M. Chopper is keen to step up and I'd say that would be the case. He has proven himself as a key forward on numerous occasions, including the inter-league match, and should be able to have a big impact up forward. Wouldn't be surprised if he bagged 80+ next year if he was the main target.

Does anyone know anything ofthe Bonnie Doon coach Tony Cooksey.

Playing Coach of Mansfield 2's for the past couple of years. Generally plays out of the square. Would probably take some players with him.

Still not much word out of the Doon. My mail was that playing in the O&K would help retain more players than playing in the YVMDFL.

Yeah Sesho is a fair loss slim, good to see him finally having a crack at O&M. Chopper is keen to step up and I'd say that would be the case. He has proven himself as a key forward on numerous occasions, including the inter-league match, and should be able to have a big impact up forward. Wouldn't be surprised if he bagged 80+ next year if he was the main target.

I would have to say B.K that losing andrew james and stephen pickering would be a hurtful lose as well Have yous guys picked up any at this point of time?

I would have to say B.K that losing andrew james and stephen pickering would be a hurtful lose as well Have yous guys picked up any at this point of time?
I heard yesterday that a certain Tarrawingee ruckman was on his way to Tatong as well... This could just be talk, but I heard it from a "trustworthy source".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed mate. I reckon Picko is a very underrated player and was one of our most important players last year. Huge pickup for the Blacks. We have a handful of guys committed at this stage and are still talking to a few more. Obviously we'll be looking to recruit blokes that can cover the players we have lost. But having said that, we've had a lot of depth over the past few seasons and will also be looking for a few fringe players to step up.

I reckon Eames effectively becomes a new player if he's back, easily cover the loss of pidge.
I reckon you've hit the nail on the head slim. Probably our most influential player and we definitely missed him in the last half of the year. His recovery is coming along nicely.

I heard yesterday that a certain Tarrawingee ruckman was on his way to Tatong as well... This could just be talk, but I heard it from a "trustworthy source".
Aren't rumors wonderful things TGN...

Drove past Moyhu training last night and looked like another healthy roll up Virge?
You guys would have to be pretty happy with turnout so far wouldnt you, considering no 3rds! Looked like a great turnout.

Not Tatong TGN - bit closer to home than that. Looking like there could be a gap between Milawa and the rest of the comp at this stage, with another big recruit signed up. Tarra will need to pick up a few to stay in contention...

Did he play 1's or 2's TGN...? Heard " GUNS" was also high on their shopping list...
Apologies guys, the rumour was just a bit of Tom Foolery on behalf of my "reputable source". Haha, I've been had. Well played :thumbsu:
"Guns" is Greta through and through Slim. No chance he could be swayed elsewhere.

Aren't rumors wonderful things TGN...[/quote]
Yes they are BK :D You obviously know the player in question. Any rumours on where he could end up...?...

Drove past Moyhu training last night and looked like another healthy roll up Virge?
You guys would have to be pretty happy with turnout so far wouldnt you, considering no 3rds! Looked like a great turnout.
Apparently had 30 there. Any new recruits? Is Schutty and Jitta Douglas going again?

Not Tatong TGN - bit closer to home than that. Looking like there could be a gap between Milawa and the rest of the comp at this stage, with another big recruit signed up. Tarra will need to pick up a few to stay in contention...

C'mon Nonch you better than to tease everyone.......spill

Yes they are BK :D You obviously know the player in question. Any rumours on where he could end up...?...
It's no rumor mate, it's confirmed that he is leaving. But as I have said previously, it's not my place to announce departures/arrivals out of respect for all parties involved. I'd assume the news will come out shortly though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back