Ovens and King Football League 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Try Harder !

Yeah fair call. I guess when that comment was made I wasn't aware of the alleged $70k that's been tipped in and was surprised that people were tipping Glenrowan to improve so much. Now that we've been told about the $70k boost the predictions make a bit more sense.

As I said though, I was seriously impressed by them on the weekend, great to see you guys improve so much and it gives hope to other struggling clubs. I just hope the $70k is available next year so you don't cop a mass exodus and have no flag to show for it.

Yeah fair call. I guess when that comment was made I wasn't aware of the alleged $70k that's been tipped in and was surprised that people were tipping Glenrowan to improve so much. Now that we've been told about the $70k boost the predictions make a bit more sense.

As I said though, I was seriously impressed by them on the weekend, great to see you guys improve so much and it gives hope to other struggling clubs. I just hope the $70k is available next year so you don't cop a mass exodus and have no flag to show for it.

Yeah i dont disagree with your point , but please dont mistake me for Kelly Tiger mate i have a interest in Moyhu.

JAM, very strong rumour around the traps the $$$$$ figure tipped in by the ????? sponsor is infact only a "loan" to said club that has to be repaid over 3 yrs.....Do the math for yourself,starting behind the 8 ball each week is a shit load of chook raffles .... How sustainable is it......Hopefully for the Tiges they can sustain it, heard lots of ppl working hard to make it work....I suppose it's a case of watch this space in 2016......

Haha......really don't know what you guys are on about, the only truth in what your saying is a shit load of chook raffles, sponsors and people trying hard to make it work.....it would be great if you worried about your own teams performance on and of the field..... No mistake, let's see how they go this year, would have to be an improvement from last as they were in the barrel to be gone for good...! And, why again are we worried about 2016????? They might have 2 premierships by then...or they might not...? It's round 4 of 2013....and they are going into it with 3 wins....big deal..!

Haha......really don't know what you guys are on about, the only truth in what your saying is a shit load of chook raffles, sponsors and people trying hard to make it work.....it would be great if you worried about your own teams performance on and of the field..... No mistake, let's see how they go this year, would have to be an improvement from last as they were in the barrel to be gone for good...! And, why again are we worried about 2016????? They might have 2 premierships by then...or they might not...? It's round 4 of 2013....and they are going into it with 3 wins....big deal..!
Buddy, what they're "on about" is that any club improving & dare I say even transforming so rapidly is newsworthy in our neck of the woods. Some of us supporting the other O&K clubs have an interest in how these improvements take place so we can learn from them & ensure the longterm viability of our own clubs. That said, given that you don't appear to like others talking about Glenrowan, I'll go back to my cryptic crosswords, sudukos & knitting colourful winter bonnets for the poor.

Buddy, what they're "on about" is that any club improving & dare I say even transforming so rapidly is newsworthy in our neck of the woods. Some of us supporting the other O&K clubs have an interest in how these improvements take place so we can learn from them & ensure the longterm viability of our own clubs. That said, given that you don't appear to like others talking about Glenrowan, I'll go back to my cryptic crosswords, sudukos & knitting colourful winter bonnets for the poor.
All good, just feel if I don't try and stick up for them, people run with the conspiracy theories......what's happening at glenrowan isn't rocket science!! Anyway...there's 2 other teams going pretty well, how's KV doing the job? They haven't got the big name recruits as such....?

All good, just feel if I don't try and stick up for them, people run with the conspiracy theories......what's happening at glenrowan isn't rocket science!! Anyway...there's 2 other teams going pretty well, how's KV doing the job? They haven't got the big name recruits as such....?
Didn't the reports come out last month how that there were a few blokes making some money on the side in the vineyards up the valley :eek: or was that totally unrelated :p

I am sure that the supporters and players out at Glenrowan are going to be up and about at the moment after 3 wins on the trot... You have to love players that are only playing for money and not loyalty... Fingers crossed that Glenrowan aren't the same as Devenish... Buy a premiership or 2 and then fold.

I am sure that the supporters and players out at Glenrowan are going to be up and about at the moment after 3 wins on the trot... You have to love players that are only playing for money and not loyalty... Fingers crossed that Glenrowan aren't the same as Devenish... Buy a premiership or 2 and then fold.
Its 4 wins.....

What happened to Devenish? Have they ripped up their ground and quit for good? Have all their exec gone to other clubs or is there hope for a revival?

What happened to Devenish? Have they ripped up their ground and quit for good? Have all their exec gone to other clubs or is there hope for a revival?
I think what OTL is trying to say is Devenish were terrible, paid a lot of money to get players to win games, they won a couple of premierships and then everyone left... the club collapsed and is now no longer... Glenrowan is doing the same thing, all money and no respect or loyalty

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bunyip any chance of getting one of those rastafarrian type knitted hats, only needs to be one colour, black. Could it be ready for when we play you guys in a few weeks..:);):p

Buddy KV have been building toward this for the last few years. Des,Jono and Sessho, as coaches, have built a core group that hasn't needed much topping up....

Bunyip any chance of getting one of those rastafarrian type knitted hats, only needs to be one colour, black. Could it be ready for when we play you guys in a few weeks..:);):p
Slim, I'll see what I can do.
Given we play you blokes on the first day of winter, I expect a bloody big bombfire at Benalla so we can all stand around, beer in hand & talk shit after the game!!

Plummer, sadly that night may be the night of the Greta Ball in Wangaratta. So many of us may have to get away early & leave the bombfire, beer & chatter for another day.

I think that'll also be the Gerry Crothers Cup game too Bunyip. I think our blokes are trying to get a lot of past players back that day in his honour...:thumbsu:

I think that'll also be the Gerry Crothers Cup game too Bunyip. I think our blokes are trying to get a lot of past players back that day in his honour...:thumbsu:

Yes Slim & rightly so. Never had the pleasure of meeting Gerry but those who remember him speak highly of him. That he earned Life Membership at two O&K Clubs is quite an achievement.

As has happened in previous years, our players & officials will all be on the ground for the formalities after the game.

Slim and Bunny really looking forward to that clash. There is always that extra bit of feeling around the clubs when we play for such an amazing man and cup. I can't wait to wear the panthers jumper and play good, hard, solid football. As for this week, bring on Tatong, they won't know what's coming to them... Us boys are going to belt them into next week

Andrew Balfour's 300th game this week for Moyhu!! Pretty fair effort in this day and age with players swapping clubs left right and centre!

Well done Balf!

Remove this Banner Ad

Ovens and King Football League 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back