Ovens and King Football League 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

calling it very early i know but goorambat to make the grand final here's to hoping that the league allow them extra points to bring in another 3 players .

Rising up, you haven't played anyone in the top half of the ladder yet. You have beaten two sides that one will be likely to finish bottom 2, and Benalla might make middle of the table at best if they can keep everyone on the field. I don't want to take anything away from Goorambats improvement, and I can only imagine that the feeling out at the club at the minute would feel like you can take on the world which is great. With king valley and Moyhu coming up, you can probably knock them off, and all of s sudden you are four from four but after that you have boonie doon who will be very competitive if not very strong and then the current premiers Glenrowan.

Like I said, I don't want to dim the efforts so far but lets revisit after round 6. It would be great to see a club like Goorambat get up and give it a real shake....

What are the predictions for the Anzac day clash?
Fevola for Glenrowan obviously, but what else? Will he be the only deciding factor?
What if he wasn't in? How are the two best sides shaping up so far?

Fevola for Glenrowan obviously, but what else? Will he be the only deciding factor?

Glenrowan will be too strong on Anzac day. Especially with Fev down forward. Although Usher will more than likely get the job on Fev and he always gives a great contest they will have too much firepower. Think its hard to see Glenrowan losing a game again unless they have an off day. Too many good players still. The rest of the comp is a lot closer this year but still havent bridged the gap.

I'd say Fev will be the deciding factor. If he wasn't playing I'd still tip Glenrowan, but I would think it'd be close. With Fev playing it's easy to see Glenrowan blowing it out and winning by 10 goals or even more. If they kick the ball to him 20 times it's going to result in a goal at least a dozen times, whether off his boot or someone else's.

But I haven't watched either side yet this year so it's guesswork. We'll know more after this weekend. If Tarra can give the Tigers a good contest then you'd tip Milawa to do the same. If Glenrowan has a big win then I reckon Milawa (and everyone else) is up against it.

I haven't seen either side yet also, so it will be very interesting to go along and see the game. I think you're right too nonch, everyone will be keen to see the result from this weeks Glenrowan vs Tarra game. It will be a good yard stick early on. From memory they have had close results the last couple of hit outs so I think this week will be the same, particularly when you would have to say Tarra is in good form.

The trick for Glenrowan and Milawa in their game will not to be too "fev conscious". If Milawa are too concerned about him, it could easily free up one of Glenrowan's regular forwards to be too dangerous. And if Glenrowan are, they will lose the opportunity to share the ball around and risk scoring opportunities by trying to kick it to him too often. From what I have seen in finals series between the two sides though, I think both will be too smart to fall into that trap.

Interesting to see Bonnie Doon were at 45pts on the weekend with a few of there better recruits not playing. I know it has been spoken about before but will be a juggling act for them for most of the year.

From memory it is 46pts per senior team. Benalla and Goorambat both have 50pts after getting extra points.

I'm not sure there is anywhere you can see the updated points. I was looking on Bonnie Doons Facebook page and happened to see their selected team and they included each players points.

Interesting to see Bonnie Doon were at 45pts on the weekend with a few of there better recruits not playing. I know it has been spoken about before but will be a juggling act for them for most of the year.
I had a quick look on the FB page - I assume "Judd" at CHF is Judd Darby? How on earth can he be one point? Played 3rds and seniors at Mansfield before going to BD so he's not a BD home club player??

I had a quick look on the FB page - I assume "Judd" at CHF is Judd Darby? How on earth can he be one point? Played 3rds and seniors at Mansfield before going to BD so he's not a BD home club player??

I would think it would have to do with how many years he played at Bonnie Doon. Each year of service you can deduct one point. He might be worth 3 or 4 points but if he has played at the club before you can take points off

I would think it would have to do with how many years he played at Bonnie Doon. Each year of service you can deduct one point. He might be worth 3 or 4 points but if he has played at the club before you can take points off
Fair play if that's the case but even if he's 1 point he's had 3 transfers in 3 years and is a B&F winner at previous club? BD - Keilor Park - Reservoir - BD? Has to be at least 3 if not 4

Fair play if that's the case but even if he's 1 point he's had 3 transfers in 3 years and is a B&F winner at previous club? BD - Keilor Park - Reservoir - BD? Has to be at least 3 if not 4

I fully understand what you are saying. There are a few things that can come to consideration with points. I don't believe b&f count just yet in the points. I think it may down the track. You can also get points taken off if a player has to relocate for work or study and that is why they left the club!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is definitely far more complex than I originally thought it was.
Doesn't it depend on league as well not just different clubs. Aren't players worth more if they are stepping back from a league in a higher division than O&K...?

It is definitely far more complex than I originally thought it was.
Doesn't it depend on league as well not just different clubs. Aren't players worth more if they are stepping back from a league in a higher division than O&K...?

Yep fair bit to it and don't just take my word for it as I could be wrong about some of it as well.
If you come from a major league like the O&M or GV you get an extra point. Extra point if it's from a club in the same league. And an extra point if you have played at 3 or more clubs in 36 months
And then it depends on what category player you are to start with!!!
It's goes on and on but in the long run will work I think!

Definitely worth trying. Something needs to happen to level it out at least a little bit for a while.

What about the extra points given to Goorambat and Benalla?

I understand that they were in a situation where they needed a substantial amount of recruiting done to be competitive, but did they really need extra points?? given that their current lists wouldn't have been worth a huge amount of points so surely they had room for a substantial number of new talent...?

And what about other clubs? No offence intended but other teams like nth wang or greta didn't exactly have huge recruiting booms either over the last couple of years and are now in a situation where the extra points allowed will see someone like Goorambat fly straight past them on the field....and be a good 7 or 8 players in front of them, did it even them up or give them unreasonable advantage...? That is assuming the other clubs could have recruited enough extra players to fill their points quota, which i'm not sure they could have.

I don't be grudge them the extra points, as I believe something needed to happen to boost it rapidly and it has so great, but....the question remains. It would be interesting to see the review process undertaken to make decisions like that, is that process public knowledge?

Also hearing that one of moyhu's top recruits is on the outer , not good news for the hoppers .will be interesting to see how the next month of footy goes I reckon the ladder will stay firm from then onwards .

I think your onto something here, was told by a moyhu player the same thing yesterday. Saturday was his last game

I think your onto something here, was told by a moyhu player the same thing yesterday. Saturday was his last game

I think you will find that Shannon Schulz (not sure on spelling) has gone back to his original club. Don't think there was a falling out just didn't like the travel! Which can happen. Nothing much to it

Whats everyones tips for weekend?

I have Benalla to beat North Wang by 30 points
Bright to beat Bonnie Doon by 15 Points
Milawa to flog Greta
Glenrowan over Tarra by 32 Points
Goorambat to beat Valley by 10 points
Moyhu over Whorouly by 25 points

Benalla dft nth wang 100 points
Bright dft Bonnie doon 30 points - home ground adv mainly
Milawa by 180+
Glenrowan dft tarra 20 points (going to make the effort to go and watch this one as it will be a good and close game, and be a good chance to see where each side is at and who does what, but Glenrowan will have too many forward/on ball options for tarra to cover for 4 quarters, and no answer for norman)
Goorambat dft king valley 40 points
Whorouly dft Moyhu 10 points

My tips.

Benalla to def North Wang by 45

Bright to beat Bonnie Doon by 36. Doon

Milawa to beat Greta by enough. Hopefully the end of a few tough weeks for Greta.

Glenrowan to comfortably account for Tarra by 66 Points. Tigers better than last year IMO. Basically all of their forward 6 could run through the middle of needed and all their mods like kicking goals and I don't see Tarra with enough avenues to goal.

K valley to def GBat by 22 points in the closest game of the round Sessions to have a big influence

Moyhu over Whorouly by 25 points. Moyhu have the better midfield and more scoring options.

Big result with Tarra over Glenrowan. Decent margin too! I See in the results Cunningham played so they had a decent side in. Looks like we have to give Tarra some credit. Knocked off 3 possible top 4 sides in first 3 weeks comfortably. Must be the real deal and a good footy side

About time people started to show the dogs a bit of respect, to have a clear win against the tigers without key players shows they are definite contenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Ovens and King Football League 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back