Ovens and King Football League 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the story had grown legs a bit with how many tarra players were going to be out, it was more like 4 or 5.

But yes played well and opened the game up in the third qrt. Good start for the year. I wouldn't say bright were ordinary. Only the two goal kickers for the day so may have struggled to get a bit of a spread!
Without Weimer, McDonagh and Love going to be hard to kick a winning score every week. Was a disappointing game on a beautiful day.
Could be a long year for the mountain men

So how many points would Fev be? Do you get bonus points added for each club you play at in the same year? Glenrowan will be at least his 5th club for the year and not even halfway through the season!
The maximum is 6 points I think so if Glenrowan have their top 20 available players totaling no more than 36 points then it won't be an issue.

Looks with the results on the weekend that Bonnie Doon will be a fair side this year and Benalla will be competitive. Greta look to be struggling. But i think the suprise is how much tarra seemed to beat bright by. I think bright had nearly full side and tarra were missing Solimo, Cornish, Canny, Jenvey and Ben Bell that I know of which would all be definitely in tarras best side. Maybe they might be a smokie to push Glenrowan and Milawa. Will be interesting to see the reults in next weeks games to see how far Goorambat have come. Although not sure north wang will provide much of a challenge

Looks with the results on the weekend that Bonnie Doon will be a fair side this year and Benalla will be competitive. Greta look to be struggling. But i think the suprise is how much tarra seemed to beat bright by. I think bright had nearly full side and tarra were missing Solimo, Cornish, Canny, Jenvey and Ben Bell that I know of which would all be definitely in tarras best side. Maybe they might be a smokie to push Glenrowan and Milawa. Will be interesting to see the reults in next weeks games to see how far Goorambat have come. Although not sure north wang will provide much of a challenge
Don`t get to carried away with Tarra`s chances this year, both Bright and Tarra had about 7 or 8 missing from the sides I watched in the finals last year. I would rate both ordinary at best. Tarra wanted the footy more than Bright but the skill level`s of both sides were terrible. I only really watched the finals series last year in the O&K and both sides are a long way off that, but plenty of time to improve I guess.

Could be eating your hat bull man. Will be seeing a vastly different Tarra line up in the comming weeks. And if Nonch is on the ball maybe you will get to read about it on friday

Could be eating your hat bull man. Will be seeing a vastly different Tarra line up in the comming weeks. And if Nonch is on the ball maybe you will get to read about it on friday
I hope you are right Mac because as i said it was sad to see 2 clubs that over the last couple of years i have been up there to watch play so poorly i hope its not a sign of things to come in the O&K. They were both great to watch in the past but Saturday was a huge drop in standards for both.

I hope you are right Mac because as i said it was sad to see 2 clubs that over the last couple of years i have been up there to watch play so poorly i hope its not a sign of things to come in the O&K. They were both great to watch in the past but Saturday was a huge drop in standards for both.
It's round 1! Give the blokes a break, no club will be polished for the first few rounds one would expect!

Not sure what you expect in round 1. Bright last year was top 3 side and I think from memory Tarra beat Bright and Milawa last year pretty comfortably late in the year so I think maybe you just getting a bit ahead of yourself with maybe what you think the league should be. I think over the last couple of years the league has only improved. With Benalla and Goorambat both picking up lots of players then I think the standard of the league has improved again with the depth. Should be a high standard year.
MacGyver going to give anything away with who they are picking up?
If they pick up a few more players I would think they will be a definite top 4 side.

Didn't get to see any footy on the weekend, but some interesting results for sure.

Bright vs tarra is interesting, no one should be too surprised, Tarra are always there abouts.
The problem for bright is only two goal kickers....not seeing the game you can't assume why that might be but you won't beat the better sides with two goal kickers, simple. Tarra's backs are far too experienced and skilled for that so that will have been the deciding factor in my mind, but again, didn't see it.

Greta vs Moyhu...had a look at the teams named and am not surprised with the result. Moyhu have multiple goal kickers, some of them from their mid field which means they played a well structured game. Add to that a couple of highly skilled and experienced guys in P Sullivan and A Balfour going forward and you have some real potential there. Greta's scores in both seniors and reserves look as though the trend out there continues with a lot of fringe players making up both sides, handy in the twos not quite up to ones footy. Certainly no offence to any of those guys, but if you look at the senior list from the weekend there will be some disappointing margins to come.

Bonnie doon vs Benalla could be put down as a tick for both clubs. Benalla have travelled to Bonnie doon on easter weekend of all times and taken what looks like a strong competitive effort up to a side that should manage a top 4 finish. I think both teams can be happy with the result, be good to see how they both go against other sides.

Glenrowan vs king valley is as I thought with KV struggling to keep up with the tigers at any stage when you look at the quarter by quarter score breakdown, probably never in it. When you look at the score sheet some of the goal kickers for Glenrowan are the run and carry players form HB and wing. When those guys are scoring goals you have far too much run and skill for the opposition. Don't want to predict too much of the season off round 1 but if that's the level king valley are currently at I think they will struggle to make finals. It will be interesting to see how Glenrowan go against a likely finals side.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the games this week, I think Goorambat vs nth wang is highly anticipated at the moment, not so much the score line but to see who's names pop up in the best and goals list for each. Good luck to both

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MacGyver going to give anything away with who they are picking up?
If they pick up a few more players I would think they will be a definite top 4 side.

Think it may be a reference to a certain Magpies reserves captain who hasn't been sighted at the Norm Minns Oval for a few weeks...

well done to Goorambat on the weekend with a great effort and big win. I'm sure the bat cave would have been rocking on Saturday night. Be good to see how the boys go against a middle of the ladder or top of the ladder side in rounds to come. Either way, I think the results put people on notice that it's not just talk out there.

Not a bad wrap up there nonch. I think you might end up pretty close on most of them.

Goorambat over Benalla by 7 goals - should be a good hard hit out, Bats possibly by more, either way it will be a good contest

Bright over Whorouly by 7 goals - I think bright will beat Whorouly by more than that, maybe double

Bonnie Doon over Tarrawingee by 2 points - probably match of the round at this stage - could be 2 points either way

Glenrowan over Greta by 20 goals - could be more like 25-30. the two clubs are strong rivals and Glenrowan will be unveiling the flag before hand so there will be plenty of feeling in it.

Moyhu over King Valley by 4 goals - the second match of the round to watch, expect a hard contest, both sides really need to win this one as they will likely end up similar spots on the ladder

Milawa over North Wangaratta by 25 goals - by at least 25, maybe 30

Goorambat over Benalla by 7 goals
Bright over Whorouly by 7 goals
Bonnie Doon over Tarrawingee by 2 points
Glenrowan over Greta by 20 goals
Moyhu over King Valley by 4 goals
Milawa over North Wangaratta by 25 goals

Pretty close i think too.
Think Glenrowan could win by anything.
Bright comfortable against the lions. They must be poor from weekends result.
Bonnie doon vs tarra will be the most interesting. Doon by a couple of goals for me

Not a bad wrap up there nonch. I think you might end up pretty close on most of them.

Yeah Tarra v Bonnie Doon is definitely one that could go either way. Other margins may be a little conservative, but given Bright's struggles last round and the fact Whorouly will get the Hoopers back, I don't see it as being too one-sided.

Goorambat over Benalla by 7 goals - should be a good hard hit out, Bats possibly by more, either way it will be a good contest

Bright over Whorouly by 7 goals - I think bright will beat Whorouly by more than that, maybe double

Bonnie Doon over Tarrawingee by 2 points - probably match of the round at this stage - could be 2 points either way

Glenrowan over Greta by 20 goals - could be more like 25-30. the two clubs are strong rivals and Glenrowan will be unveiling the flag before hand so there will be plenty of feeling in it.

Moyhu over King Valley by 4 goals - the second match of the round to watch, expect a hard contest, both sides really need to win this one as they will likely end up similar spots on the ladder

Milawa over North Wangaratta by 25 goals - by at least 25, maybe 30

Moyhu to be decimated by a senior players wedding, surely he coulda grown a set and picked last weekend or before the season

Remove this Banner Ad

Ovens and King Football League 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back