Ovens and King Football League 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

I wish I could have seen Tarra v Milawa, tarra on fire! They do have a couple of changes to the list, but overall it must come down to a well coached and drilled side all playing their role, and doing so for 4 quarters. The old saying its a star team not a team of stars that gets the job done.

That's absolutely right about Tarra at the moment. Trevor Edwards would be a unanimous choice as Coach of the Year if it was judged right now.

And it looks like the impact at north wang continues with a social media slug out erupting over the weekend with plenty of ill felling between former team mates that have gone back to beechworth. Hopefully someone can steady the ship there and leave that sort of stuff out and behind them. By all reports a good spirited game and good sportsmanship in their game with Glenrowan so well done to the boys that played. Its never easy from that position.

It is a bit sad that a post that was about Hawthorn was a bit misconstrued by some as having a dig at them, with the boys quickly trading (keyboard) blows.

All in all, the whole thing didn't really have a purpose, nor did it solve anybody's problems. Just made everyone look like idiots, with some snide personal attacks.

I think a few of the boys took it as an opportunity to defend the club they love and give a certain few ex-teammates a farewell given that it all seemed to happen so quickly.

With regards to the game, it was a good effort by all. We had a lot of the ball, but were outclassed in nearly every situation and obviously outrun.

To their credit, the boys never gave up trying and the intent was there right until the final siren. Something we haven't seen at the club for over a year now.

Looking back at how we fared against the likes of Tarra and Glenrowan last year, it seems that the departures haven't made an extreme amount of difference to the scoreline.

To me, what our senior team this year vs last year lacks in skill, it makes up for in endeavour and ticker.

Things obviously weren't working out the way they were happening before so by parting ways with the coach, there's newfound energy at the club, with boys who had no interest in playing seniors now coming up and having a crack and actually wanting to play seniors.

Had the previous coach stayed, probably nothing would have changed for the rest of this year anyway. The fact that we are 5 games in and can start formulating a plan for coaches for next year should be somewhat of an advantage for us.

Hopefully heading in the right direction.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

It can upset things, or as you have said, breath some fresh air into the place for those who weren't necessarily that happy before hand.
And with Gary Okeefe and Butch White taking the reins for the remainder you have a couple of old club favourites to help settle things down and get the feeling into the guys that are taking the field so they are the right people for the job in my mind.

I for one would like to see the hawks climb again, just as the likes of Goorambat are and to some extent Benalla at the moment. Its good for our league, and good for everyone to enjoy a good day at the footy on a Saturday which is why we do it.

Yep, Jimbo has said that due to work and family commitments he has had to make the difficult choice to not play on. Unfortunately, footy is a risk for anyone with a young family to provide for and a business to run.
Be a shame not to see him playing, but can totally understand why he has had to make that decision.

Did big Jamie Bell play Saturday???

Into it early this week...

Bonnie Doon def Greta 150+
Glenrowan def Goorambat 40
Milawa def Bright 40
Tarra def Moyhu 60 - Moyhu are a very competitive side but Tarra are on fire
King V def Nth Wang 60
Whorouly def Benalla 30 - honestly not sure about this one....Benalla are a bit up and down at the moment.
I think this is a winnable game for them on their day

Agree, their ability to cut the footy off and run it out of the back line is second to none at the moment. I think Moyhu will have a huge amount of running to do this week....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whorouly to just get the points against Benalla
Milawa vs Bright should be a good game. Milawa testing depth but still should just win against Bright
Bonnie Doon easy over Greta
Glenrowan Vs Goorambat will be closer than expected too I think. Still Glenrowan by 25 odd points I think
Valley will get chocolates against North Wang
Tarra will be far too strong for Moyhu.

Will be interesting if Goorambat come close to Glenrowan. Believe this is the first time they have to play one of the big sides. The Ladder should start to sort itself out to normal soon getting further through the first full round of matches. Bright are still out of the top 6 at the moment. They maybe the only possibility to come into top 6 from outside it at the moment before end of season.

Upset this week. Bright will beat Milawa. After Watching Milawa on Sunday I could not see them beating Bright. Slow, sloppy ball movement

First time poster - be kind.

Tarra by 30 against Moyhu (Don't underestimate the hoppers, they have had a few close games against the mid-tier teams, and for Tarra they have probability concentrated on rounds 1,2,3 and 5).
Tarra are looking superb BTW - I've watch both of the big games - the place is buzzing.
Milawa V Bright. Milawa by 50. It should be the game of the round - but wont be - I think that Bright have disappointed by about as much as Tarra have surprised. I watched them in the finals last year and thought they were set for big things in 2016.
BD will smash Greta by 120.
Glenrowan V the Bats. Wow - Now this WILL be the game of the round, the king v's the new young buck. I think Glenrowan will win but only by 18, I'll guess that the Bats will be within a goal in the 3rd quarter, but wont have the class to keep up. Amazing given that last year Glenrowan won by 35 goals.
Benalla V Whorouly - Benalla by the length of snow road. They are doing some good stuff and should finish the year with 9 wins / 9 losses.
King Valley V's North Wang - the hardest bit will be dodging the roos in the Edi cutting on the way home. I feel for North Wang - it must be a hard slog.

Tarra to beat moyhu by 50, moyhu will struggle to score without smith

Milawa to beat bright by 20 points

Bonnie doon to beat great by atleast 100

Going for an upset, I think the bats will beat glenrowan by a kick

If benalla can stop Nathan hooper kicking goals I think they will win in a close one

Kv to beat north wang by 100

Glenrowan V the Bats. Wow - Now this WILL be the game of the round, the king v's the new young buck. I think Glenrowan will win but only by 18, I'll guess that the Bats will be within a goal in the 3rd quarter, but wont have the class to keep up. Amazing given that last year Glenrowan won by 35 goals.

Pretty spot on with that tip!

Upset this week. Bright will beat Milawa. After Watching Milawa on Sunday I could not see them beating Bright. Slow, sloppy ball movement
Didn't take into account that Milawa had 6 of there best out? And still yet come threw to beat bright by 40 points when they were just about full strenght. Bright are shit this year, I love it when the critics get it wrong

Didn't take into account that Milawa had 6 of there best out? And still yet come threw to beat bright by 40 points when they were just about full strenght. Bright are shit this year, I love it when the critics get it wrong

Bright were no where near full strength, you've got no idea!

Bright had 10 of their best 21 out. And lost Sam Buckley in the second quarter. Not quite full strength.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ovens and King Football League 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back