Ovens and Murray Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
it seems some of the pre-season murmurings have proved correct and matthew lappin will indeed be pulling on the magpie jumper this season. his clearance has been lodged and he will apparently be playing v rovers this sunday. will play whenever his carlton commitments allow

bit of a whisper around too that sam higgs is on the verge of returning to the norm minns oval on a full time basis due to lack of opportunities at the bullants. not sure if he's injured but he hasn't been named in either the bullants seniors or reserves this weekend so perhaps another late inclusion for the wang derby on sunday?

Sparrow will be there on sunday great for wang even better for the league, great player and a major draw card. People should flow through the gates if they know an oppertunity to see one of the best smaller players the gayfl has produced in some years

Game in the balance Nth Albury vs Wodonga on Saturday and two efforts defined their club-Nathan Laracy backs into Dan Leslie coming full steam at him-ball spills Wodonga goal.Kane Goode decides to put himself before the team and berate an umpire continusly costing not only a goal but will let his team down by being suspended for a few weeks as well.One inspiring act-one very selfish.(By the way the Nth Albury official patting him on the back as he is off probably doesn't really prevent him from seeing the bigger picture)

Game in the balance Nth Albury vs Wodonga on Saturday and two efforts defined their club-Nathan Laracy backs into Dan Leslie coming full steam at him-ball spills Wodonga goal.Kane Goode decides to put himself before the team and berate an umpire continusly costing not only a goal but will let his team down by being suspended for a few weeks as well.One inspiring act-one very selfish.(By the way the Nth Albury official patting him on the back as he is off probably doesn't really prevent him from seeing the bigger picture)

Agree completely that selfless acts in football inspire team-mates to greater heights. Pity the local media don't pay more attention to these type of actions rather than focusing on some sheepdog racking up cheap kicks out on his own all the time.

Totally agree STP. Goode's got a bigger mouth then where the murray meets the sea in adelaide.

Agree completely that selfless acts in football inspire team-mates to greater heights. Pity the local media don't pay more attention to these type of actions rather than focusing on some sheepdog racking up cheap kicks out on his own all the time.

yeah very good point - that sort of stuff has been the reason why wodonga are always a threat, they just always have a dip. theres been some heat in the nth alb vs. wodonga matches in recent seasons, was it firey on saturday?

You must be talking about B. Neely, after his performance on Saturday Night.

Paper says he picked up 42 possessions, I watched that game, and was interested to see how he went, having heard big raps on him, and I have to say, not overly impressive, does kick the ball well, hits targets regularly, but I couldn't see 42 pos., got a lot in the back pocket, had very little, if any influence, and is a definite cherry picker/sheepdog type.

As stated in a previous post, Mackie smashes this bloke in all aspects of the game.

Paper says he picked up 42 possessions, I watched that game, and was interested to see how he went, having heard big raps on him, and I have to say, not overly impressive, does kick the ball well, hits targets regularly, but I couldn't see 42 pos., got a lot in the back pocket, had very little, if any influence, and is a definite cherry picker/sheepdog type.

As stated in a previous post, Mackie smashes this bloke in all aspects of the game.
can assure you he isn't a cherry picker sheep dog type. you'll find he wins his fair share of hard ball contested possesion and loves the tight physical stuff. Won a couple of B and F's at Glenelg when used as a tagger that wins a lot of the footy. By the sounds of the game i didn't see it albury dominated and all Lavy players had very little to no impact.

You're hard to impress!

I watched all of the Alb/Lavi game bar the first half of the first quarter, and as NOP suggests not many, if any, Lavi blokes had an influence. Also judging by the amount of time the ball spent in albury's forward 50, going looking for kicks in the backline wasn't a bad move.

To suggest Neely is a cherry picker/sheepdog shows that you have got not idea.

Yes Mackie is a very good player and was excellent on the w/e, but to say he smashes Neely in ALL aspects of the game strips you of any credibility you had remaining.

Chiller10, can you point out who your talking about and give some justification, or was it just a broad statement regarding what you think of the local coverage.

You're hard to impress!

Chiller10, can you point out who your talking about and give some justification, or was it just a broad statement regarding what you think of the local coverage.

Just a general comment on media coverage. I think a lot of the local press focus is on blokes who like to receive the ball in open space as opposed to blokes who are in and under the packs, creating room for team-mates, putting their head over the ball when their turn comes, etc etc. All the less glamorous but essential things in footy that bring a team success in important games. Every side has a couple of "out wide", running type players who can contibute a lot but I feel local commentators often overlook players who are doing the "grunt" type work in favour of whoever racks up the most stats for the day. Sometimes this will be one and the same player which makes him a really hard player to stop.

Certainly not having a crack at Neely as from what I've seen he does the hard work as well as getting plenty of it.

Just a general comment on media coverage. I think a lot of the local press focus is on blokes who like to receive the ball in open space as opposed to blokes who are in and under the packs, creating room for team-mates, putting their head over the ball when their turn comes, etc etc. All the less glamorous but essential things in footy that bring a team success in important games. Every side has a couple of "out wide", running type players who can contibute a lot but I feel local commentators often overlook players who are doing the "grunt" type work in favour of whoever racks up the most stats for the day. Sometimes this will be one and the same player which makes him a really hard player to stop.

Certainly not having a crack at Neely as from what I've seen he does the hard work as well as getting plenty of it.

totally agree there chiller, people, media, umpires etc... seem to notice the ball carriers as oppose to the ball winners. it does pay to have long blonde hair and white boots (more so black ones these days) To attract the attention of people on the other side of the fence. but i can assure you that team mates are the ones who really take notice and at then end of the day when playing as apart of a team thats wat matters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hows the Ronald McDonald lookalike going at Yarra? Im talking of Crackers Keenan. Is he snagging any goals? Does some great work on the ground but does even better work after dark. Im sure he has been terrorising the netballers down at Yarra.

Is Leroy 'the Premiership Cup' Ramsdale playing this year? If so, hows he going?

totally agree there chiller, people, media, umpires etc... seem to notice the ball carriers as oppose to the ball winners. it does pay to have long blonde hair and white boots (more so black ones these days) To attract the attention of people on the other side of the fence. but i can assure you that team mates are the ones who really take notice and at then end of the day when playing as apart of a team thats wat matters.
Or a black and white mouth gaurd eh NOP.:)

Will be watching the North Alb v Raiders game this weekend with great anticipation.

Can't wait to see how M. Murray shapes up against his Raider mates.

Will definitely play, doesn't send a great signal to all those guys who've been training at North for the past 4-5 months, but then again it probably does highlight a lack of depth in the 2s.

Welcum back Matty.
We knew you would come back to Hopper Park.
Let's hope you can inspire us to another win and keep the poor old Raiders winless for another week.

That answers everyone's question.. yep North Albury supporters are all w***ers!! Have him back you deserve him.. We might not have won a game but atleast we gain respect and not being w***ers about it and be the most hated club in the league.

GO RAIDERS GO GO GO!!

That answers everyone's question.. yep North Albury supporters are all w***ers!! Have him back you deserve him.. We might not have won a game but atleast we gain respect and not being w***ers about it and be the most hated club in the league.

GO RAIDERS GO GO GO!!

Im hearing you there FWB !!
Hey oscar the grouch ummm I mean Dustbin !
Is North going to try to get him a job now ????

Welcum back Matty.
We knew you would come back to Hopper Park.
Let's hope you can inspire us to another win and keep the poor old Raiders winless for another week.

Pretty fickle by the North supporters I reckon.

A few weeks ago speaking to quite a few of them and they said if Matty wants to play at Raiders then dont come back, we dont want you.....
All of a sudden he is forced to return (if he wants to play that is) and is now welcomed back with open arms by one and all!!!:rolleyes:

I wonder how the reactions will be if he plays a crap game and the Raiders win?:eek::eek:

Pretty fickle by the North supporters I reckon.

A few weeks ago speaking to quite a few of them and they said if Matty wants to play at Raiders then dont come back, we dont want you.....
All of a sudden he is forced to return (if he wants to play that is) and is now welcomed back with open arms by one and all!!!:rolleyes:

I wonder how the reactions will be if he plays a crap game and the Raiders win?:eek::eek:

localjedi, you are right, very fickle, but then again they welcomed back their savior to coach after he left for Myrtleford back with open arms. Does anyone know what their supporters said about him and his time there ??

In the end I personally think he just wants to play footy, and you can't blame a bloke for that. It's just disapointing to see him quote lines to the media and the president saying that it is not what he said.

Let the game begin............................:):):)

GO RAIDERS GO GO GO!!
Just wondering what your criteria is for deciding which is the "most hated club in the league". North has been involved in 5 grand finals in the past 10 years, this Saturday is Pink Day...a Breast Cancer fund raising initiative started by the 'Hoppers several years ago and now being adopted by the VCFL. Perhaps you were confusing hate with envy when you surveyed the people living in your cave. Matt Murray is a North Albury player, always has been. He wanted to go to the appropriately named "raiders" for lots more cash...no other reason than that. North had 5 job interviews lined up for him but he didn't attend any of them because of the cash incentives and promises of "we'll get you cleared" from your club. I fail to see how raiders gain any respect from anyone...your club should be ashamed with the way Steven Clarke gets in the paper saying things like it would be "poor form" to play Matt Murray. The only poor form is the way he & his club conducts itself....their development program consists of enticing North Albury players with large sums cash....always has been, the first signing they made when they came into the league was North Albury Morris Medalist Rudy Yonson for an offer he couldn't refuse and it has continued ever since. Adam Prior only cares about Adam Prior as evidenced when he left his Wanderers teamates on the eve of the finals and last week when the game was in the balance got sent off and probably cost you a win....how much will it hurt this week? After an extensive "Australia wide" search for a coach who did you come up with? You guessed it, former North Albury coach Corey Lambert. You certainly have a huge fascination with North Albury, it's players and coaches for a club who, in your opinion, is the most hated in the league.

just wondering what your criteria is for deciding which is the "most hated club in the league". North has been involved in 5 grand finals in the past 10 years, this saturday is pink day...a breast cancer fund raising initiative started by the 'hoppers several years ago and now being adopted by the vcfl. ...how much will it hurt this week? After an extensive "australia wide" search for a coach who did you come up with? You guessed it, former north albury coach corey lambert. You certainly have a huge fascination with north albury, it's players and coaches for a club who, in your opinion, is the most hated in the league.

yahtzee!!!!

Just wondering what your criteria is for deciding which is the "most hated club in the league". North has been involved in 5 grand finals in the past 10 years, this Saturday is Pink Day...a Breast Cancer fund raising initiative started by the 'Hoppers several years ago and now being adopted by the VCFL. Perhaps you were confusing hate with envy when you surveyed the people living in your cave. Matt Murray is a North Albury player, always has been. He wanted to go to the appropriately named "raiders" for lots more cash...no other reason than that. North had 5 job interviews lined up for him but he didn't attend any of them because of the cash incentives and promises of "we'll get you cleared" from your club. I fail to see how raiders gain any respect from anyone...your club should be ashamed with the way Steven Clarke gets in the paper saying things like it would be "poor form" to play Matt Murray. The only poor form is the way he & his club conducts itself....their development program consists of enticing North Albury players with large sums cash....always has been, the first signing they made when they came into the league was North Albury Morris Medalist Rudy Yonson for an offer he couldn't refuse and it has continued ever since. Adam Prior only cares about Adam Prior as evidenced when he left his Wanderers teamates on the eve of the finals and last week when the game was in the balance got sent off and probably cost you a win....how much will it hurt this week? After an extensive "Australia wide" search for a coach who did you come up with? You guessed it, former North Albury coach Corey Lambert. You certainly have a huge fascination with North Albury, it's players and coaches for a club who, in your opinion, is the most hated in the league.

Matt actually played at a Lavi for a while as a young Blue, and left to play with north when derek came home. He prob did go through most of his juniors at north but left when he got near bushrangers age. Good to see he'll at least be playing this year though.

I'd reckon north's nose isn't entirely clean when it comes to "enticing players with large sums of cash" over the last 10 years either.

I'm not a huge fan of either Raiders or North, but at least the boys from birrallee are prepared to stick around for a beer after a game - win, lose or draw.
I'm not sure if things have changed, but from my experience i can't say the same for the majority of the hoppers players of the last decade or so, even at their home games.

Merv I have but one question for you. Will Matt Murray play tomorrow ?:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back