Ovens and Murray Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must be a muppet and a half if you dont rate him as a footballer. He is a better player than anyone magpies have had in the last 10 years bar McCormick. Pies have done well to get him, just hope for the man's sake that it is not a decision he will regret in the future.

geez u must have a big grudge on the magpies becuase there are alot of players that have played for them in the last 10 years better then him

He may be joined on various ocassions by the brother of the coach.

Midfield of McCormick, Smith, Allan, Lappin, Porter has appeal.

add mullins and maybe higgs and it is still a very potent midfield. not to mention further improvement from the local boy in solimo who was a revelation in 08 despite injury. for all the departures the midfield really has been unaffected so far. clarke for instance was no more than a bit player in 08 and when the grand final was up for grabs in the 3rd 1/4 he was sitting in the forward pocket

the only departure that cuts like a knife is kirby as good ruckmen are invaluable and they haven't found anyone to replace him yet. hooper may have to ruck with aumann. cosgriff is a sensational player but thayer and steel both missed the GF side last year and can slot into tall defensive roles to cover for him plus they have picked up williamson from scoresby who is a key position player. trenfield's quality will also be missed off half back but someone like mcgeehan who played most of the year in the 2's is itching to break into that sort of role

sure a few have left/retired but i'd suggest wang will be the team to beat again

that is a piss poor excuse to leave a club the blokes played all his junior footy with. that is nothin short of shittin in ya own backyard. Surely Jamie Allen would not be so childish to leave a club thats been good to him, over a few b&f votes !
How r those other on-ballers at the maggots guna give him better protection when they themselves are all kick chasin ??
he could of made a big mistake here. are there un-written rules in wang that once u cross that road u dont come back ?

I have also heard this was part of the reason and a whole heap a cash, i know that Wodonga had offered close to $1300 and maggies came over the top of em..

bit of news about in today's BM

allan to wang, bartel back to wodonga, lavi confirmed signing of neely from ainslie. with yesterday's news that schmidt is leaving c/r there is fair bit going on involving key players

Anyone know if young Chasse Stawhan (not sure of correct spelling) is sticking with Yarrawonga. Leading goalkicker in the 3rds a few years ago, didn't seem to get much of a go in 08. Yarra have picked up a couple of key forwards so I can't imagine Chasse sticking around.

Anyone ever hear of a guy by the name of Matt Robinson? Just wondering how he goes, what position he plays etc.

There's a Matt Robinson at Glenrowan in the Ovens and King FL - tall forward, kicked 30-odd goals last year including a bag of 5 or 6 in one match if i remember correctly...

Weak from Jamie Allan, there is no other word for it. To leave the club is one thing, but to go to another club in the same league let alone the arch enemy is about as piss weak as it gets! Its offical loyalty is dead

bit of news about in today's BM

allan to wang, bartel back to wodonga, lavi confirmed signing of neely from ainslie. with yesterday's news that schmidt is leaving c/r there is fair bit going on involving key players

The Bill Neely deal was confirmed on here in November of last year by ME !! Those of little faith, when I say a move is on, I guarantee it.

More departures to come down the road at Pigeon land as well, stay tuned.

Murray Leahy (ex. Nth Albury) having a run at Corowa-Rutherglen this year and don't be surprised if there is a big Border Mail exclusive about one of Wodonga's most talented forwards in the next couple of weeks and not for good reason.;););)

Weak from Jamie Allan, there is no other word for it. To leave the club is one thing, but to go to another club in the same league let alone the arch enemy is about as piss weak as it gets! Its offical loyalty is dead

in the end such is life!!!!! loyalty is a thing of the past and when neville comes a knocking it goes down the toilet.money is screwing footy all round the place and most players are after one thing and thats a flag....

Murray Leahy (ex. Nth Albury) having a run at Corowa-Rutherglen this year

well thats a huge step from bb saints to O&M:confused: yeah i know he can play but will he last the season???

also heard that wodonga's gun recuirt from port headland may have gone awol????
m lamb wont play there as well as the bordermail keeps saying:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone ever hear of a guy by the name of Matt Robinson? Just wondering how he goes, what position he plays etc.

WOW he is really chasing the opportunity to move to America. Columbus also.
Wonder if any club can afford to help him with travel and work as he requests
I know we can't.

How would this fella go making the transition to OM - isn't silvan in the yarra mountain league, a league which I'm told is much weaker than OM standard?

Weatherly is a more than handy forward who kicked around 80 odd goals last year for Silvan. He would have kicked alot alot more but Silvan had another guy Gary Moorcroft who managed to bag 160 odd for the year.
Will be a handy pickup

There's a Matt Robinson at Glenrowan in the Ovens and King FL - tall forward, kicked 30-odd goals last year including a bag of 5 or 6 in one match if i remember correctly...

If it's him built like Tarzan plays like Jane...doesn't like the pressure, played a year at Tungamah and they were very disappointed in him after coming from big wraps..prob from himself

don't be surprised if there is a big Border Mail exclusive about one of Wodonga's most talented forwards in the next couple of weeks and not for good reason.;););)

Not tied up with that organised ring of chaps allegedly trying to disperse large quantities of mind altering substances recently I trust???

Someone from Wodonga FC
What has your main spearhead done to his arm/wrist ?
Seems it is heavily set in plaster at the minute.
Could this be tied in with previous post maybe about the same player.
anyone from WFC care to elaborate...

The Bill Neely deal was confirmed on here in November of last year by ME !! Those of little faith, when I say a move is on, I guarantee it.

onya wonga, but there was no way that billy had confirmed anything in november, you were lucky this time but if you had of predicted that for the last five years you would have been wrong. Billy is a great player, should shake up a few on ballers in that league, hope he goes well, would have been nice to return home and play with yarra or mulwala. is he moving to lavi or travelling

7 years ago!! had Cancer

Les was an absolute legend up at Griffith too during his time with the Swans! Great to know he was nominated for the Hall of Fame!

Also, dont know where the rumor regarding Weatherley moving to Albury is coming from - good player but my mail tells me he will be again playing at Silvan in 2009.

7 years ago!! had Cancer

Neely was only confirmed recently as he was shopping himself around and obviously the Panthers came up with the coin that he wanted. Good player but will come at a price!

Heard he will be travelling down from canberra each week too - not a perfect arrangement for the guy that is probably going to be the club's best player.

The deal has been done for Murray to play at Raiders this season.
Wonder if North will play silly buggers with the clearances as they did last season.

The deal has been done for Murray to play at Raiders this season.
Wonder if North will play silly buggers with the clearances as they did last season.

Did they get him a job 6ul ? I heard that was the reason he left north ? Or do you think it was the Lambert connection ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back