Ovens and Murray Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 words MR Performance... f##k off!

Your job is to make us look good.... so stop posting ads for your company on here and making our forum look as a pathetic as a River's Ad!!!

Same goes for any others thinking about doing anything similar!:thumbsdown:

2 words MR Performance... f##k off!

Your job is to make us look good.... so stop posting ads for your company on here and making our forum look as a pathetic as a River's Ad!!!

Same goes for any others thinking about doing anything similar!:thumbsdown:

maybe a little harsh box..

After reading yesterday's BMM I'm starting to think the Raiders could well make finals - with a spine including Prior, Cook, Doolan and Martin as well improved depth all over the park and handy big blokes. I originally thought the final five was already set with Alb/Lav/Wang/Wod/Yarra - but throw Raiders in the mix - who would they knock out?

After reading yesterday's BMM I'm starting to think the Raiders could well make finals - with a spine including Prior, Cook, Doolan and Martin as well improved depth all over the park and handy big blokes. I originally thought the final five was already set with Alb/Lav/Wang/Wod/Yarra - but throw Raiders in the mix - who would they knock out?

Luke Martin broke his hand in his first training run, not sure how many he will miss if any, but will be interesting if he plays at all. Also, discipline is apparently a bit of a problem down at Birallee Park - following there Saturday morning training run a few of the boys got a bit messy and did some damage to the facilities and possibly themselves. Some fairly heavy crashing tackling was happening on a recently operated shoulder of Mark Doolan. Club and coach unhappy with this given they paid for the operation. Good Luck to them though they deserve a bit of luck.

Luke Martin broke his hand in his first training run, not sure how many he will miss if any, but will be interesting if he plays at all. Also, discipline is apparently a bit of a problem down at Birallee Park - following there Saturday morning training run a few of the boys got a bit messy and did some damage to the facilities and possibly themselves. Some fairly heavy crashing tackling was happening on a recently operated shoulder of Mark Doolan. Club and coach unhappy with this given they paid for the operation. Good Luck to them though they deserve a bit of luck.

Forgive me if i am wrong but didnt Doolan play cricket on the w/e?

hey guys a club down our way has signed a kid lachlan trethowan from albury. Just after some info on him size, position etc thanks

Lachlan Is A Good Young Kid 17-18 Y/o.
Played In The Midfield In The 3rds. Has A Crack Just Like The Old Country Boys, Skills Arnt Great But Gives 100 % , Not A Standout Just A Good Footballer. He's Probly A Bit Taller Than The Average Height. Where Is He Playin??

Lachlan Is A Good Young Kid 17-18 Y/o.
Played In The Midfield In The 3rds. Has A Crack Just Like The Old Country Boys, Skills Arnt Great But Gives 100 % , Not A Standout Just A Good Footballer. He's Probly A Bit Taller Than The Average Height. Where Is He Playin??

thanks for that apparantly he's playing for minyip murtoa in the wimmera footy league. There based around a farming community so should fit in well

We were told byt the club he is going to that he is a class on baller who played ina junior state side. Know anything about that?

Don't know about playing in a junior state side.
Just a hard at it thirds kid who played a couple of 2nds games, didn't really set the world on fire in thirds mind you.
You know they will talk themselves up to get more money !!

Does anyone know if there is a Practice Match in Albury on the weekend of the 28th March.

I have been trying to find it on the website but no luck.

Cheers

OM starts the weekend April 5-6.
Best games in round one are lavington and yarra on the sat and Albury and Wang at Albury on the Sunday which should draw a big crowd given the Tigers fans aren't scared to jump on the bandwagon paricularly with one P. Spargo behind the wheel.
The Tiges had an intra-club hit-out on Thursday night and Joel Mackie got leather posioning and Shaun Daly also stood out.
Both played on-ball roles as Maher, Carroll and Bush also got plenty of the pill.
The only downer was a serious injury to youngster Darcy Judd who had to be carted off to hospital with a ruptured spleen.
Shame coz the kid has got talent and could have been put a fair bit of pressure on some of the older blokes in the forward line this year.

OM starts the weekend April 5-6.
Best games in round one are lavington and yarra on the sat and Albury and Wang at Albury on the Sunday which should draw a big crowd given the Tigers fans aren't scared to jump on the bandwagon paricularly with one P. Spargo behind the wheel.
The Tiges had an intra-club hit-out on Thursday night and Joel Mackie got leather posioning and Shaun Daly also stood out.
Both played on-ball roles as Maher, Carroll and Bush also got plenty of the pill.
The only downer was a serious injury to youngster Darcy Judd who had to be carted off to hospital with a ruptured spleen.
Shame coz the kid has got talent and could have been put a fair bit of pressure on some of the older blokes in the forward line this year.

Poor Bloke - hope he has a speedy recovery.

Did Collins or Hyde play?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know if there is a Practice Match in Albury on the weekend of the 28th March.

I have been trying to find it on the website but no luck.

Cheers
Doubt there would be many if any most Leagues start the week after and that weekend is the Albury Gold Cup.

Has Jamie Allan found out the hard way you don't switch teams in Wang and not pay a price?
Am hearing the broken finger he has got might be the result of an altercation with a former Rovers teammate recently.
I know this is a few weeks old, but I couldn't see a response to this comment. The story you heard is true, happened on a Sat night after the wedding of an ex Rovers player.

You can also pencil in Jamie's two brothers have followed him across to the magpies from the Rovers as a result of this scuffle.
Bet there is a bit of heat in the first Wang derby this year.
Might be just the spark to get the Hawks going after four or five years of limp efforts the sight of the Allan clan in black and white.

You can also pencil in Jamie's two brothers have followed him across to the magpies from the Rovers as a result of this scuffle.
Bet there is a bit of heat in the first Wang derby this year.
Might be just the spark to get the Hawks going after four or five years of limp efforts the sight of the Allan clan in black and white.

the allan brothers signing with wang is reported in today's BM. don't know much about them have they shown much at rovers? lappin is saying in the BM they will both play seniors at some stage this year. as expected liam harrington is also back at wang after a year in melb and will slot into half back nicely in place of trenfield

also read that ohlin hurt his knee playing b/ball on the weekend and will be out of action for 8 weeks or so leaving wodonga's ruck stocks a bit low. and it says that bradshaw will be right for rnd 1 - is there any more follow up on his recent run in with the law?

Have the Saints over committed to 2009? Are they now as certain about "potential" recruits doning the MFC Jumper and getting the required teams together. Reports have it that some of those players may not be able to commit to playing.

Dustbin or any Albury fan,

im just wondering if Fixter and Hyde played in the intra club match last thursday week, and also how Tommy Gleeson went? I was with tommy at North Ballarat last year, thought i'd see how he went..

Have the Saints over committed to 2009? Are they now as certain about "potential" recruits doning the MFC Jumper and getting the required teams together. Reports have it that some of those players may not be able to commit to playing.

yeah interesting they've made the decision to play in 2009 - they dont have any guarantees of numbers by the looks of it. the fact that they're struggling for numbers this close to the season probably indicates they shouldn't be involved - if they're sh*t again whats been achieved by letting them stay in the OM? other clubs dont look forward to playing them (except to rest guns/niggles), and the myrt players quickly lose interest. i do feel sorry for the town and the club but i just dont see the point in letting them go ok for a year or 2 (yes played in GF's in recent years) and then getting smashed for the next 5.

Dustbin or any Albury fan,

im just wondering if Fixter and Hyde played in the intra club match last thursday week, and also how Tommy Gleeson went? I was with tommy at North Ballarat last year, thought i'd see how he went..

Neither Fixter or Hyde played, Fixter and a few others did extensive training on the sidelines, Hyde didn't show. Gleeson was more than handy, showed plenty dash, pretty much the same last time he played with the club.

Tigers play a Canberra side, I think it's Eastlake, and whilst Albury are resting a few of their stars, apparently Hyde will be playing.

Think its about time north albury picked up some players. It will be interestering too see where they stand when they play raiders on sunday.

did anyone catch the 13-a-side game down @ wodonga? interested to see how the Om clubs went and who won it...

would presume lavi and wodonga would have blown away teams like coldstream and temora..

did anyone catch the 13-a-side game down @ wodonga? interested to see how the Om clubs went and who won it...

would presume lavi and wodonga would have blown away teams like coldstream and temora..
Yeh Silver went over and had a look.First of all congratulations to WFC on the concept as it gives clubs the opportunity to ease players in.It looked like hard work-reasonably hot and obviously plenty of running with 13 each side.(5/3/5)
Wodonga and Lavi certainly were classes above the others-even with rotations-there were up to 6 and 7 players rotating nearly at a time and the O&M clubs were very organized with it.Justin Peckett led a Mornington Peninsula side who had some likely types and they beat the Sydney North Shore in the 2nd place getters of their repective pools.
Wodonga interestingly had Brad Thompson playing for them and had a very strong squad.Big names such as Twitt;Walker;Shir;Bradshaw etc all played.Can't really think of any guns who didn't although i'm sure there would have been a couple.Lavington had a lot of unfamiliar faces playing-a lot of their reserves players from last year(a guy said 8 or 9)from the reserves G/F-country league kids Garland;Weldon and Brunnemeyer from Hume and McNeil from TDFl play in the Final.Stevens;Mathews;Schilg;Norton-Smith and Neely were some i recognised watching although Neely did play a couple earlier(very good mover).
Wodonga jumped early and were 3 goals to 0 at one stage-Bradshaw getting plenty of space and kicking well.Interestingly Butler and Johnston played as key forwards-last years defensive keys.Both looked comfortable.3 goal half time margin was quickly erased as Wodonga before the break looked super but Lavi smashed them in the second half to run out 2 goal winners.
Both midfields used the footy well and as i said-reckon it was a really good concept.Thought the big plus for Lavington was new full back Hamish Anderson-not as tall as Bradshaw but as big through the torso;arse and legs which allowed him to compete stronly one on one.In the first half Bradshaw had plenty of space and probably won 4 out of 5 or 6 one on one contests-in the second half i think he got a 50-50 free but Anderson would of won 8 or 9 contests-spoiling and running off him and kicks the ball terrificly.Looks to be a huge pick up as it allows Butler and or Johnston forward.
Shir had plenty of it;as did Waler;Lewington;Laracy and Thompson.No injuries to the O&M clubs that i saw so all would have been happy with the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back