Ovens and Murray Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent summation, switch.
The big winners from the day were no doubt the Panthers.
The battle between Bradshaw and Anderson was a beauty. No doubt they will lock horns again this year.
Bradshaw was all over anything lavi could serve up last year so he looks like he has the job when they next meet.
From other games played at the weekend, Eastlake beat Albury by four goals or so after the Tigers led at half-time and North beat the Raiders today.

Yeh Silver went over and had a look.First of all congratulations to WFC on the concept as it gives clubs the opportunity to ease players in.It looked like hard work-reasonably hot and obviously plenty of running with 13 each side.(5/3/5)
Wodonga and Lavi certainly were classes above the others-even with rotations-there were up to 6 and 7 players rotating nearly at a time and the O&M clubs were very organized with it.Justin Peckett led a Mornington Peninsula side who had some likely types and they beat the Sydney North Shore in the 2nd place getters of their repective pools.
Wodonga interestingly had Brad Thompson playing for them and had a very strong squad.Big names such as Twitt;Walker;Shir;Bradshaw etc all played.Can't really think of any guns who didn't although i'm sure there would have been a couple.Lavington had a lot of unfamiliar faces playing-a lot of their reserves players from last year(a guy said 8 or 9)from the reserves G/F-country league kids Garland;Weldon and Brunnemeyer from Hume and McNeil from TDFl play in the Final.Stevens;Mathews;Schilg;Norton-Smith and Neely were some i recognised watching although Neely did play a couple earlier(very good mover).
Wodonga jumped early and were 3 goals to 0 at one stage-Bradshaw getting plenty of space and kicking well.Interestingly Butler and Johnston played as key forwards-last years defensive keys.Both looked comfortable.3 goal half time margin was quickly erased as Wodonga before the break looked super but Lavi smashed them in the second half to run out 2 goal winners.
Both midfields used the footy well and as i said-reckon it was a really good concept.Thought the big plus for Lavington was new full back Hamish Anderson-not as tall as Bradshaw but as big through the torso;arse and legs which allowed him to compete stronly one on one.In the first half Bradshaw had plenty of space and probably won 4 out of 5 or 6 one on one contests-in the second half i think he got a 50-50 free but Anderson would of won 8 or 9 contests-spoiling and running off him and kicks the ball terrificly.Looks to be a huge pick up as it allows Butler and or Johnston forward.
Shir had plenty of it;as did Waler;Lewington;Laracy and Thompson.No injuries to the O&M clubs that i saw so all would have been happy with the day.

cheers for that - great wrap up. not sure if bradshaw has been training much. wonder what the go was with thompson coming back - apparently in the best shape he has been in years, did he move pretty well? is there a clearance on the cards maybe?

sounds like lavi did well and got alot out of it as well, good on them. I'm sure albury getting beaten wont be the worst thing that happens to them, should make players very competitive for spots

Yeh Silver went over and had a look.First of all congratulations to WFC on the concept as it gives clubs the opportunity to ease players in.It looked like hard work-reasonably hot and obviously plenty of running with 13 each side.(5/3/5)
Wodonga and Lavi certainly were classes above the others-even with rotations-there were up to 6 and 7 players rotating nearly at a time and the O&M clubs were very organized with it.Justin Peckett led a Mornington Peninsula side who had some likely types and they beat the Sydney North Shore in the 2nd place getters of their repective pools.
Wodonga interestingly had Brad Thompson playing for them and had a very strong squad.Big names such as Twitt;Walker;Shir;Bradshaw etc all played.Can't really think of any guns who didn't although i'm sure there would have been a couple.Lavington had a lot of unfamiliar faces playing-a lot of their reserves players from last year(a guy said 8 or 9)from the reserves G/F-country league kids Garland;Weldon and Brunnemeyer from Hume and McNeil from TDFl play in the Final.Stevens;Mathews;Schilg;Norton-Smith and Neely were some i recognised watching although Neely did play a couple earlier(very good mover).
Wodonga jumped early and were 3 goals to 0 at one stage-Bradshaw getting plenty of space and kicking well.Interestingly Butler and Johnston played as key forwards-last years defensive keys.Both looked comfortable.3 goal half time margin was quickly erased as Wodonga before the break looked super but Lavi smashed them in the second half to run out 2 goal winners.
Both midfields used the footy well and as i said-reckon it was a really good concept.Thought the big plus for Lavington was new full back Hamish Anderson-not as tall as Bradshaw but as big through the torso;arse and legs which allowed him to compete stronly one on one.In the first half Bradshaw had plenty of space and probably won 4 out of 5 or 6 one on one contests-in the second half i think he got a 50-50 free but Anderson would of won 8 or 9 contests-spoiling and running off him and kicks the ball terrificly.Looks to be a huge pick up as it allows Butler and or Johnston forward.
Shir had plenty of it;as did Waler;Lewington;Laracy and Thompson.No injuries to the O&M clubs that i saw so all would have been happy with the day.

Super summation STP!! How did Mcneil go?

Super summation STP!! How did Mcneil go?

Thanks KITM-i do what i can-lol.McNeil was very impressive in one of the earlier games and more than serviceable in the final.I reckon he will hold down a permanant spot in the line up for sure based on yesterday.
Thompson did move well-he's a lot taller than i remembered him-wasn't far off the size of the ruckman at times.Kicked the ball well.
One other thing i forgot to mention was that "Stickers" Gray Wodonga's new recruit will no doubt attract plenty of attention from opposition followers.A crowd target if ever i've seen one.Don't think he will be in the Dog's premiership side if they win it in 09.Didn't seem to get much love at all from opposition or the Dog's players throughout the day.

Thanks KITM-i do what i can-lol.McNeil was very impressive in one of the earlier games and more than serviceable in the final.I reckon he will hold down a permanant spot in the line up for sure based on yesterday.
Thompson did move well-he's a lot taller than i remembered him-wasn't far off the size of the ruckman at times.Kicked the ball well.
One other thing i forgot to mention was that "Stickers" Gray Wodonga's new recruit will no doubt attract plenty of attention from opposition followers.A crowd target if ever i've seen one.Don't think he will be in the Dog's premiership side if they win it in 09.Didn't seem to get much love at all from opposition or the Dog's players throughout the day.

J Gray??????????.... His knees dont look like they will see the year out and might be sporting a fat lip, and black eye, for a late charge from the Howlong game...

yeah thompson's size allows him to play key postion (centre half back / forward), in the centre and even out on the flanks / wing... would be very handy if he played this season at wodonga - be massive news.

where is this gray from? haha sounds like he's in for tough year, care to expand?

heard that albury may have picked up a couple of injuries in a practice match over the weekend? anyone got any news on them?

anyone see the wang v mooroopna game and if so anything of note to report?

heard that albury may have picked up a couple of injuries in a practice match over the weekend? anyone got any news on them?

anyone see the wang v mooroopna game and if so anything of note to report?

Yeah, as reported in the paper today, Gleeson rolled an ankle, nothing too serious, but the injury to Smith, may see him out of action for a while, if not the season, depending on if he decides to have the shoulder reco. Bad news for him and the club, big strong kid, who was shaping up as a 1st round starter in the back-line.

With young forward Darcy Judd already out for the season, it's not the start the Tigers were looking for, but there's plenty of blokes waiting in the wings for opportunities, so I don't think there's too much to worry about at the moment.

Yeah, as reported in the paper today, Gleeson rolled an ankle, nothing too serious, but the injury to Smith, may see him out of action for a while, if not the season, depending on if he decides to have the shoulder reco. Bad news for him and the club, big strong kid, who was shaping up as a 1st round starter in the back-line.

With young forward Darcy Judd already out for the season, it's not the start the Tigers were looking for, but there's plenty of blokes waiting in the wings for opportunities, so I don't think there's too much to worry about at the moment.

sounds like competition for spots is going to be very intense at the tigers. just reading that smith is prob out for season. any idea how mcalister is coming along after his knee op last year?

also just read that sam higgs has decided to have another crack with the bullants in a blow to wang's hopes. altho it also says he will play for wang when he can in an attempt to qualify for o&m finals. also woudn't rule out the possibility of the coach's brother still pulling on the black and white in half a dozen games or so

and around the traps the word is that all the optimism at myrtleford a couple of weeks ago is quickly disspitating with no recruits to speak of actually signing on the dotted line yet and none on the immediate horizon. anyone better acquainted with the club got an update on how they are travelling?

sounds like competition for spots is going to be very intense at the tigers. just reading that smith is prob out for season. any idea how mcalister is coming along after his knee op last year?

also just read that sam higgs has decided to have another crack with the bullants in a blow to wang's hopes. altho it also says he will play for wang when he can in an attempt to qualify for o&m finals. also woudn't rule out the possibility of the coach's brother still pulling on the black and white in half a dozen games or so

and around the traps the word is that all the optimism at myrtleford a couple of weeks ago is quickly disspitating with no recruits to speak of actually signing on the dotted line yet and none on the immediate horizon. anyone better acquainted with the club got an update on how they are travelling?

Peanut M&M's I heard that one of the more sort after and hopeful recruits pulled the pin and this may have led to others not signing?

What happened to the guys heading up to training last week?

Worrying signs with only just over 3 weeks till round 1. Hopefully someone from the Hills can enlighten us with some good news for the MFNC.

Fair go Bright Boy, Way is a spud.
What sort of player would front the coach in a finals series and says he is not getting a fair go after he is average 3 kicks, two handpasses, 1 mark (uncontested) and 4 hitouts a game and walks out?
You should have listened to an interview on OAKFM during the finals series when the boys interviewed Jake Ryan about Way.
He sprayed Way unmerciffally. It was magic radio. One of the best interviews ever and they didn't have to ask a question.
Let him go and dominate the Picola league if he can.
But, Schmidt is a loss no doubt, but they have also regained Matt Witherden and Scott Easdown will be back mid-year.
Eyers is going to play again and Robins has finally pulled the finger out and done a pre-season.
Don't be surprised if Oliver plays forward and who knows Richard Ambrose might play again (only joking).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair go Bright Boy, Way is a spud.
What sort of player would front the coach in a finals series and says he is not getting a fair go after he is average 3 kicks, two handpasses, 1 mark (uncontested) and 4 hitouts a game and walks out?
You should have listened to an interview on OAKFM during the finals series when the boys interviewed Jake Ryan about Way.
He sprayed Way unmerciffally. It was magic radio. One of the best interviews ever and they didn't have to ask a question.
Let him go and dominate the Picola league if he can.
But, Schmidt is a loss no doubt, but they have also regained Matt Witherden and Scott Easdown will be back mid-year.
Eyers is going to play again and Robins has finally pulled the finger out and done a pre-season.
Don't be surprised if Oliver plays forward and who knows Richard Ambrose might play again (only joking).

Where did you get those stats Garbage Bin, did you just make them up ? You must be an avid follower of the boy to produce his "average" stats over the year. Granted, he should not have left the club before the season finished, that was a mistake, personally I would've waited till the end of the season & said thanks very much & moved on. No player enjoys sitting on the bench game after game, it's a bit hard to improve on the pine.

Okay Run Wide, you are right, I did make the stats up.
My mistake, in fact on reflection I reckon I have over estimated his contribution to CR last year.
He wasn't that good and that is the reason why he was on the pine as you so eloquently put it.
Face facts, he was out of his depth, just calling things as I see them.

alburys mark bush strecthered off the ground in todays practice match against raiders, incident happened about roughly through the first term, he appeared to land ackward in a contest... it appeared to be a serious injury of some sort... watched the game until half time with the tigers in control by six goals...

Tatura v Wang Magpies praccy match at Tatura Park yesterday saw Tatura win by 1pt.
Considering the weather, I thought the game was pretty good standard. Tatura did have probably 4 or 5 players out including Isailovic and Cosgriff. The Wang boys told me they had probably 6 or 7 out including Hopper McCormick. So all in all I think both teams had a good day. Wang Thirds won by 1 pt, and their ressies won by around 50 pts. Well done to see Wang able to bring over 3 teams for the day!:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Okay Run Wide, you are right, I did make the stats up.
My mistake, in fact on reflection I reckon I have over estimated his contribution to CR last year.
He wasn't that good and that is the reason why he was on the pine as you so eloquently put it.
Face facts, he was out of his depth, just calling things as I see them.

Yes it's a democratic society and we are all entitled to call it as we see it, and we obviously see this one differently. Didn't watch him too often last year but just thought a young tall was worth perservering with, given the age of their other options. Next thing is they will be looking for a ruckman on the open market, and we all know what a good big man costs. ($1000+) I'm sure the Corowa faithful will be more than impressed to fork that out when they could've developed a young local for a tenth of the cost. What Tossol said to him after the game was pretty disgraceful and any wonder he felt he wasn't wanted at the club. And as for what Ryan said on the radio, unfortunately he missed a great opportunity to promote his club positively, and instead went with a vindictive diatribe about an individual. Any potential recruit who heard that might have been re-considering his options. If I was involved in that club I would be disappointed with the missed opportunity and negativity projected.

I wonder if the Raider's practice matches have been giving Adam Prior the same enjoyment as the Wanderer's NTFL finals series would have to date?

With seniors and reserves in the GF for the coming weekend it could prove to have been a very silly decision to leave a club hanging on the eve of said finals series.

I don't think Raider's will be seeing the same sort of finals action for some time to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back