Ovens and Murray Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
yarra used to have a promising youngster mick ORiordan anyone no what happened to him or where he plays now?

Struggled for a game in the 1s, playing at his hometown in oaklands (billabong crows). fast &highly skilled wingmen. but unfortunately the man is pussy whipped!

I wonder if the Raider's practice matches have been giving Adam Prior the same enjoyment as the Wanderer's NTFL finals series would have to date?

With seniors and reserves in the GF for the coming weekend it could prove to have been a very silly decision to leave a club hanging on the eve of said finals series.

I don't think Raider's will be seeing the same sort of finals action for some time to come.
It probably says a lot about the quality of the man....leaving your team mates on the eve of the finals is not something a reasonable person would do. Is it possible that raiders gave him a generous incentive to remain in Wodonga? Adam does like the sound of the coin, and obviously by his track record the lure of the dollar is much stronger than any loyalty to a club or team mates.

Rob Jackson only applicant for O&M job is a sad inditement on the league's top job.Would have thought there would have been a host of applicant's.He still might have got the job but it's sad he was the only one to put his hand up.

belconnen defeated lavington at panther park this arvo, belc 18.7 def lavy 10.10, match was over at quarter time after belconnen kicked the opening seven goals of the match...

Rob Jackson only applicant for O&M job is a sad inditement on the league's top job.Would have thought there would have been a host of applicant's.He still might have got the job but it's sad he was the only one to put his hand up.

You are right.
In the past the league has always been pro-active in finding someone to coach the team without having to advertise which has happened this year.
Let's be honest Robbie struggled big time last year and the fact he was assistant coach probably saved him his spot in the Wodonga side for much of the year.
His best game was his last one, the prelim final.
He will be under added pressure to keep his place a year later when Wodonga again has some good kids coming through and need to be given a chance.
Perhaps he should play in the twos and then take the opportunity to go and watch some other games to get a handle on who might be worthy of being in the squad.

Hey guys, new to the thread. Have recently left the region and was just wondering how leigh cameron is shaping up this year. How is the knee and will he play seniors?

Hey guys, new to the thread. Have recently left the region and was just wondering how leigh cameron is shaping up this year. How is the knee and will he play seniors?

Knees are just fine brother thanks for the obvious concern on my behalf:D as for playing seniors we will just have to wait and see:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how are the wang boys doin?

haven't seen any of the pre season stuff but read that they were well beaten by yarra last week in a practice match at wang. were missing a few incl hopper, smith, hooper but so were yarra. hear that most will be avail for rnd 1 tho. i'd hazard a guess at a 21 resembling something like this for the 1st up assignment at albury:

B: cairns steer symons
HB: j porter thayer harrington
C: gannon smith d porter
HF: solimo williamson craven
F: hayse braden mullins
Foll: hooper mccormick j allan
Int: aumann kelly canny

i think steel is not there this year otherwise he'd be in the 21 for sure. could also be a couple of young blokes pushing for senior selection that have been having a crack in the pracy games. i heard that dent-ould went well in some early practice match hit outs

higgs is having crack with the bullants again but has left the door open for a return to wang by the 30 june deadline if he's not getting a regular game in the 1's

any other takers for having a crack at the side the club they're best acquainted with might be putting out on the field 1st up?

well guys its finally here the real stuff for what its worth here are my tips for round 1

WODONGA RAIDERS BY 11 POINTS OVER WANG ROVERS.
COROWA BY 18 POINTS OVER NORTH ALBURY
WODONGA BY GOD KNOWS HOW MUCH
LAVINGTON BY 13 POINTS OVER YARRA
ALBURY BY 21 OVER WANGARATTA

good ...luck to all teams for the season

well guys its finally here the real stuff for what its worth here are my tips for round 1

WODONGA RAIDERS BY 11 POINTS OVER WANG ROVERS.
COROWA BY 18 POINTS OVER NORTH ALBURY
WODONGA BY GOD KNOWS HOW MUCH
LAVINGTON BY 13 POINTS OVER YARRA
ALBURY BY 21 OVER WANGARATTA

good ...luck to all teams for the season

i reckon

raiders by about 5 goals over rovers
c/r by 3 goals over nth alb
wodonga by about 186 pts over myrtl
lavi by 3 pts over yarra
wang by 17 pts over alb

Does anyone know who the best 3rds teams will be this year??

Ive heard that Albury are meant to be very strong and the Alpine Eagles being the suprise of the year playing really good footy with still alot of their top players missing from practise matches.

Any thoughts on the Border Mail's top 40 players?
Will be interesting to see who they pick at No.1.
But, I raised my eyebrows at a couple of selections, eg Paul Sanson and Matt Fowler, today.
I didn't think Sanson was that good and Fowler has been on the slide for a few years now.
Maybe they are thinking he will kick 60-plus goals from ff with so many good midfielders they have got at Joss Park this year and justify his ranking.
Who should be No.1?
Bradshaw, Ednie, Shir, McCormick, Jake Ryan?

Any thoughts on the Border Mail's top 40 players?
Will be interesting to see who they pick at No.1.
But, I raised my eyebrows at a couple of selections, eg Paul Sanson and Matt Fowler, today.
I didn't think Sanson was that good and Fowler has been on the slide for a few years now.
Maybe they are thinking he will kick 60-plus goals from ff with so many good midfielders they have got at Joss Park this year and justify his ranking.
Who should be No.1?
Bradshaw, Ednie, Shir, McCormick, Jake Ryan?

i'd have shir and mccormick on a par, any could be number 1. followed by bradshaw, pendagast, ednie, ryan, doswell

boys number one player is going to be hyde hands down his the biggest name to come to this league in a long time beams was good but played 6 games this guy will dominate n id put shir before mccormick shir breaks lines and gets more of the hard ball

boys number one player is going to be hyde hands down his the biggest name to come to this league in a long time beams was good but played 6 games this guy will dominate n id put shir before mccormick shir breaks lines and gets more of the hard ball

big pick about hydey - sure has great afl experience and would expect to be the fittest out there, however when was the last time he played as the most important player in a team (definately not saying he wont cope), I'm just looking forward to see how he goes in a different role.

I'd still have twitt in my top 10 - when fit can be very instrumental in a game. where would you have prior?

big pick about hydey - sure has great afl experience and would expect to be the fittest out there, however when was the last time he played as the most important player in a team (definately not saying he wont cope), I'm just looking forward to see how he goes in a different role.

I'd still have twitt in my top 10 - when fit can be very instrumental in a game. where would you have prior?

Bill Neely anyone????:thumbsu::thumbsu:

On the BM website.
They are milking this nicely by releasing 10 a day building up to the final 10 on sat when they are not at work.
Bet Jonno will have something up his sleeve just to be different.
Credit where credit is due to tho, they aren't including players who haven't played in the comp before, that would be too hard.
Jonno is president of the Jon McCormick Fan Club so hard to see him going past his latest love child now his old one Craig Tafft is struggling with injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back