Ovens and Murray Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the BM website.
They are milking this nicely by releasing 10 a day building up to the final 10 on sat when they are not at work.
Bet Jonno will have something up his sleeve just to be different.
Credit where credit is due to tho, they aren't including players who haven't played in the comp before, that would be too hard.
Jonno is president of the Jon McCormick Fan Club so hard to see him going past his latest love child now his old one Craig Tafft is struggling with injury.

Be interesting to see another top 40 published at end of home and away season.

boys number one player is going to be hyde hands down his the biggest name to come to this league in a long time beams was good but played 6 games this guy will dominate n id put shir before mccormick shir breaks lines and gets more of the hard ball

Mccormick is my bet for number 1. Shir at 2.:thumbsu:

Mcormick should be number 1, unlike other players he seems to be unaffected by tags placed on him. My order... Mcormick, D Leslie, Ryan, Shir, J Allen, Bradshaw, Pendergast, Prior, Carpenter, A Hill, X Leslie, Ednie, D Clark, Doswell, Stevens, L Carroll. Best newcomer - B Neely

On the BM website.
They are milking this nicely by releasing 10 a day building up to the final 10 on sat when they are not at work.
Bet Jonno will have something up his sleeve just to be different.
Credit where credit is due to tho, they aren't including players who haven't played in the comp before, that would be too hard.
Jonno is president of the Jon McCormick Fan Club so hard to see him going past his latest love child now his old one Craig Tafft is struggling with injury.

What's not being at work on Saturday got to do with it, great initiative by Kohlhagen and his sports goons. If the interest that it's starting to generate on here is a guide, then it can only be good for not only them, but the league itself.:thumbsu:

And on Hyde, when was the last time the highest profile newcomer to the league was destined to play most, if not all his footy on a half-back flank?

What's not being at work on Saturday got to do with it, great initiative by Kohlhagen and his sports goons. If the interest that it's starting to generate on here is a guide, then it can only be good for not only them, but the league itself.:thumbsu:

And on Hyde, when was the last time the highest profile newcomer to the league was destined to play most, if not all his footy on a half-back flank?

1 mccormick
2 shir (not much between top 2)
3 bradshaw
4 a hill
5 ednie
6 j allan
7 pendergast
8 ryan
9 leslie
10 steer

i think steer has already been named at 20 something but i reckon there should be room in the top 10 for the best key position defender in the comp

some good newcomers this year - neely with massive wraps, hyde with afl credentials, a carey, cook, williamson, daly etc. i'll be interested in the top 10 at the end of the year

anyone got any teams news for rnd 1? i don't seem to be able to find anything on the O&M website

his gonna b run through the midfield n his played through there on ball in the afl n i think shir is better then mccormick n deserves the number 1 Mccormick isnt fased by a tag cause the rest of wangs midfield spend half the game trying to knock his tag out of it shir does it himself n breaks the lines

Raiders are a pathetic excuse for a football club.
If Myrtleford wasn't so bad this mob would be the laughing stock of the comp.
ok rovers were too good on the day, but if you believed the bshite coming out of BPark during the off-season they were going to charge up the ladder and be challenging for a spot in the finals.
Absolute pretentders.
Corey Lambert will be a genious if he can turn this mob of no-hoping C graders around this year.
they will be 0-5 after five rounds and play North Albury in round six.
With Eames back in the side, go hoppers, go.

A bit harsh there I think Dustbin. Rovers deserved to win today, played better football and executed their skills more effectively when it counted, but Raiders were right in the game and a chance of winning up until halfway through the last quarter, and played some good football throughout the day.
After the results of the last four seasons the obvious aim of the team should be to begin winning again on a more consistent basis and hopefully be in a position to challenge for a spot in the finals. From what I have seen no-one from Raiders was out in the media saying they were going to make the finals, but as a supporter, I would be hoping any side I support that misses the finals would be aiming to improve their results and move up the ladder the following year, which should be a realistic and achievable goal. Whether this goal equates to "charging up the ladder" depends on your point of view.

There are a number of areas where Raiders have improvement over the next few weeks which, as a Raiders supporter, will hopefully, lead to a couple of victories, or at least, performances that will regain respect that may have been lost, in the eyes of some people, over the last 4 years.

These areas include:
1. 3 of the most significant players at the club, both in terms of natural ability and to the structure of the side (Prior, M.Murray and Gorupic) were unavailable today for various reasons and their return to the field will only strengthen the side.
In addition to this Luke Martyn did not return to the field after half time due to injury, after performing well in the first half, and his size and experience was missed in the second half.

2. Adam Cook did not meet most of his teammates until today, so it will take all players a few games to adjust to how he plays and him to his teammates traits, habits and abilities.
For those interested Cook kicked 2 goals and took a few strong marks.

3. Due to an injury interrupted Pre-Season, today was Mark Doolan's first hitout for the season, so he was still seeking to find his match touch and you would expect he would be able to improve his performance as he gets into the season. Didn't effect his ability to get the ball as he had 40+ touches.

4. As often happens when a club changes coaches the players are being required to learn a new game plan, which can take some time to impact on the performance, especially when there are a number of younger, more inexperienced, players in the side, as there is in Raiders case.
At the start of the 3rd quarter the players were able to consistently and effectively implement this playing style, and as a result put on 4 goals to nil in the first 10 minutes. As the players become more comfortable and confident in the game plan they would hope to be able to effectively implement it over significant periods of the match, rather than in fits and starts as is happening now. As a result the improvement within the players, which is obvious to supporters who have seen them both last year and this year, will be transferred on to the scoreboard and hopefully the number of wins the club records.

Where do u think lee schmidt aydan brown and the likes who have have played o&m rep, left the o&m would have polled in the top 50????

ok rovers were too good on the day, but if you believed the bshite coming out of BPark during the off-season they were going to charge up the ladder and be challenging for a spot in the finals.
Absolute pretentders.
Corey Lambert will be a genious if he can turn this mob of no-hoping C graders around this year.

I think everyones written Rovers off too quickly and Raiders were coming from a long way back. Give them a bit of time. Looks like many have underestimated Yarra to a fair degree. Their form against Wang last week in a praccy & then blowing away Lavi with a couple missing is pretty impressive.

I think everyones written Rovers off too quickly and Raiders were coming from a long way back. Give them a bit of time. Looks like many have underestimated Yarra to a fair degree. Their form against Wang last week in a praccy & then blowing away Lavi with a couple missing is pretty impressive.

y eah agreed about yarra, they were very impressive yesterday at panther park, drew barnes looked to be a good pick up as was michael stevens as well, mark keenan looks like he could give yarra 50 plus goals up front... they will trouble all sides on yesterdays performance.. as for the panthers they were very disappointing - particulary after half time. the panthers lead by three points at half time but could only manage two goals after half time, billy neely was pretty quiet by his lofty standards, the panthers achilles heel looks to be no key forwards... im sure though both coaches would be reminding their players it is only round one... off to tigerland today to have a look at the game between argubaly the two best sides in the competition, the tigers in a narrow one for me... enjoy your footy boys

Absolute pretentders.

Go easy Dustin, anyone would think Raiders got done by 100 points. The Raiders camp are hopefull things will improve and time will tell. Lets just see what happens a few games in and the team settles. And good comments made by Raider boy.

This is the problem with the Raiders they have always got a bloody excuse.
They can't escape from the fact that there performances over the last few years have been hoorendous for a club which is in large pop'n base, have access to good sponsors, employment opps.
Stop making excuses and give us sum results.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the problem with the Raiders they have always got a bloody excuse.
They can't escape from the fact that there performances over the last few years have been hoorendous for a club which is in large pop'n base, have access to good sponsors, employment opps.
Stop making excuses and give us sum results.

Lighten up, you sound like a unhappy hoppers supporter! Were you at the Raiders game or Nth Albury? I am not making excuses for there performances over the past years, but you can only do so much with what you've got to put on the field. But one game in and you are baggin the sh out of them, you think rebuilding will happen overnight! If you dont support Raiders why would you care about there performance. :)

Out we come, out we come....
Four points in the bag, how many did raiders have got?
zip, zero, zilch.
And guess wot you've got half our side and still couldn't win.
When is Matt Murray going to play?
Big mistake Matty, stick with the strength at Hopper Park.
We'll smash Myrleford this week and be 2-0 and looking at Albury today they will pump you blokes by 100 plus.

Out we come, out we come....
Four points in the bag, how many did raiders have got?
zip, zero, zilch.
And guess wot you've got half our side and still couldn't win.
When is Matt Murray going to play?
Big mistake Matty, stick with the strength at Hopper Park.
We'll smash Myrleford this week and be 2-0 and looking at Albury today they will pump you blokes by 100 plus.

Okay you win. Congratulations on your win over Corowa. Being a North supporter I thought you might know when Murray will play as we are waiting on your approval for his clearance. Obviously he doesn't want to play with north or with a club with an angry supporter like you.

Good luck next week, should be a big one.;)

Absolute pretentders.

Geez mate I take offence to that ! A pathetic excuse for a football club ? I wasn't going to reply to this rubbish you have written but our supporter base and workers deserve a right of reply.
We as supporters/board work damn hard during the season and the off season, some are at the club more than they are at home or sometimes work.

We as a club never puffed our chest out and said we will "charge up the ladder and challange for a finals spot" but we have said we think we will improve dramatically to which that was shown on the weekend by turning a 20 goal last time loss into a 5 goal loss. Were we happy about getting beaten ? NO, were we happy with our progress ? Yes

On the "we took half your players comment" Did you have a crack at your coach when he took half your side to Myrtleford ???? or Myrtleford for that matter ???? NO you just welcomed your Coach back and that doesnt suprise me because he and your club deserve each other.

We may be down but we are not out, we have built a corporate box this year that will house our abundance of sponsors, and we are defineately moving forward with our new logo ect.... through our marketing committee.

You sound like a very bitter person mate, your club also deserves you !
Did you think that Corey was not going to contact a few old players and vise versa ????

I will certainly look forward to Round 6, weather we are 0 - 5 our team WILL give 100 %

Raiders/Stong/Proud We will never back down:p:p:p

Geez mate I take offence to that ! A pathetic excuse for a football club ? I wasn't going to reply to this rubbish you have written but our supporter base and workers deserve a right of reply.
We as supporters/board work damn hard during the season and the off season, some are at the club more than they are at home or sometimes work.

We as a club never puffed our chest out and said we will "charge up the ladder and challange for a finals spot" but we have said we think we will improve dramatically to which that was shown on the weekend by turning a 20 goal last time loss into a 5 goal loss. Were we happy about getting beaten ? NO, were we happy with our progress ? Yes

On the "we took half your players comment" Did you have a crack at your coach when he took half your side to Myrtleford ???? or Myrtleford for that matter ???? NO you just welcomed your Coach back and that doesnt suprise me because he and your club deserve each other.

We may be down but we are not out, we have built a corporate box this year that will house our abundance of sponsors, and we are defineately moving forward with our new logo ect.... through our marketing committee.

You sound like a very bitter person mate, your club also deserves you !
Did you think that Corey was not going to contact a few old players and vise versa ????

I will certainly look forward to Round 6, weather we are 0 - 5 our team WILL give 100 %

Raiders/Stong/Proud We will never back down:p:p:p

very harsh from dustbin. obviously despises the raiders for some reason. getting stuck into a club like that is ordinary at any time, but is even more rich coming from the supporter of a club whose only contribution to the league in recent times has been to bring it into disrepute through the thuggery employed by them in the 2007 GF and the GF replay in 08. quite enjoyed the comment that hoggy and nth deserve each other garn - not a truer word spoken on this forum in recent times

i thought raiders were ok on sat and for the reasons spelt out by raider boy earlier they have alot of improvement to come over the next few weeks. i wouldn't mind betting they will finish higher than nth alb after 18 rounds

anyone else catch the game at tigerland yesterday? the tiges certainly delivered on the pre season hype. pretty good contest i thought esp for a 1st up game where you'd expect players to be a bit rusty. you'd have to think both will be thereabouts when the whips are cracking later in the year. think wang may be more susceptible to injs this year as the depth is not as good as last - the reserves were pumped by the tiges yesterday

also did anyone catch the lavi v yarra game? seems a big result for yarra at face value

yeah captain,caught both games i thought sundays was a great contest, and was great to see both coaches let the boys play without tags... albury just cowingonfirmed what everyone already knew,they are gonna take a power of beating... wang will be there abouts again on that showing- mccormick is a freak, just doesnt stop running... great player... yarra were very impressive on saturday, i think a lot of people have under rated them going into this season...

good call - the change to the website is no good for those trying to keep up with things from out of town

The site is crap, but it's not really the O&Ms fault. It's all controlled by some mob calling themselves myfootyweb or sporting pulse, something like that. It's not just the O&M, it's junior footy and country footy also, to get the goal kickers and best players, you have to register (it's free), but you have to muck around a bit more to get to where you want to be. I don't know why people frig around with a system that isn't broken, and i'm sure the clowns that create these sites have no concept of what and how things need to be displayed.:thumbsdown:

Can anyone tell me anything about Lance Arnold from Lavington,
just wondering as he has put in a clearance from Lavington to Finley, and I haven't heard much about him before.
Is he any good?
What position does he play etc?

thanks

Can anyone tell me anything about Lance Arnold from Lavington,
just wondering as he has put in a clearance from Lavington to Finley, and I haven't heard much about him before.
Is he any good?
What position does he play etc?

thanks

Never heard of him... perhaps a thirds player from last year, and as i was OS in '08 i wouldn't know him. Good luck!

Is there a guy called Daly from Keysborough, and Raines is not popular and who ever gets him deserves him.

I've heard Raines is a disgrace. Glad he never came to tigers, I get the impression he didn't leave on such good terms with corowa as the paper portrayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back