Ovens and Murray - Pre Season 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ovens and Murray Part 3

BB, with all of those opinions you're sharing, it would seem you're a follower of the raiders. Or at the very least you watch them play regularly. So what's your story?
I hope not.

News coming out of the Pigeon's Loft.

Craig Ednie has definitley signed with a WAFL club for season 2011, possibly in a coaching capacity.

Xavier Leslie has already started recruiting with an eye for taking over the helm at the Pigeons. If not he will coach Tocumwal in the Murray League.

Leigh Ramsdale who is currently coaching Rennie - is looking at the Pigeon job; and source say he has a mortgage on it from the clubs committee.

Clint Runnalls may have played his last game for the Pigeons, with a shoulder injury believed to be similar to Raider Matt Dawson.

Interesting to note that John Brunner was not nominated for the Hall of Fame induction. He was eligible but the Pigeons pushed for Robert Tait to be inducted. A big over site with Brunner a 3 time Morris Medallist and Tait a ruckman in a very poor side during the 1970's.
:cool:

You want to lay a wager that Ramsdale won't be coaching Yarra next year? PM me if you're interested.

Also, some p#ss poor comments taking potshots at Bert Tait in this and following posts. I didn't know that you had to play in a good side to be a good player? I believe Bert played First Ruck for Corowa at just 14 years of age, before going on to have a pretty handy career with Yarra and in district footy with Rennie. A fair career by a very highly regarded bloke and football person. Still doing a lot of good work for Yarra and Rennie. Deserves some respect.

I believe it was in the Border Mail today that Ben Hollands to Wodonga is not a done deal - my information suggests that it is definately a done deal. Ben will be moving his business interests in Advertising back to the Border to take the Job and Twitt will head off to Holbrook in the Hume League to Coach for a 2 year term which won't be announced til seasons end (except on here of course).

This came from someone who 'should know' as always, so take it or leave it. But 2 things - 1. Wodonga should be very, very happy with Hollands as a replacement for Twitt. and 2. Potentially Holbrook are getting one of the best credentialled coaches and players in Hume League history who is still right on top of his game

Interesting times in the O & M coaching ranks.

I believe it was in the Border Mail today that Ben Hollands to Wodonga is not a done deal - my information suggests that it is definately a done deal. Ben will be moving his business interests in Advertising back to the Border to take the Job and Twitt will head off to Holbrook in the Hume League to Coach for a 2 year term which won't be announced til seasons end (except on here of course).

This came from someone who 'should know' as always, so take it or leave it. But 2 things - 1. Wodonga should be very, very happy with Hollands as a replacement for Twitt. and 2. Potentially Holbrook are getting one of the best credentialled coaches and players in Hume League history who is still right on top of his game

Any chance any of the aspiratants for the Wodonga job would be interested in any other position??? Would Bob Craig return to Yarra or would the Roos, Hoopers or Hawks be in his or Richard Bences sights.

Any other suggestions???????????????? Will Mick Wilson return from Tarra to Rovers?/

Hollands would be a great replacement - playing or non-playing? Seeing him play a few years ago, clearly had the best football brain in the ovens and murray - i believe he was injured in alot of his time playing but would ALWAYS hurt the opposition, regardless of who tagged him, just knew the game inside out. Twitt has been awesome for bulldogs and IF he goes to hume will kill - I think he still has years left in him to play OM. Be good to see him play on at wodonga and really enjoy not being the coach for a few years.

Hollands would be a great replacement - playing or non-playing? Seeing him play a few years ago, clearly had the best football brain in the ovens and murray - i believe he was injured in alot of his time playing but would ALWAYS hurt the opposition, regardless of who tagged him, just knew the game inside out. Twitt has been awesome for bulldogs and IF he goes to hume will kill - I think he still has years left in him to play OM. Be good to see him play on at wodonga and really enjoy not being the coach for a few years.

Very good player Hollands any club would be happy to have him on board and Wodonga will benefit greatly from his services, very well credentialed football man. Not sure the above comment is right though, he was tagged out of a grand final from memory.

So far Wang have beaten Lavi and Rovers beat Wang. As said earlier I think 9 wins will get 5th spot. However, if the panthers beat the rovers in round 17 it is possible the team finishing 5th could be on 8 wins.

The games in green are teams below them on the current ladder and blue are teams above them.

Lavi - North,Wod, Rovers,Myrt.
Wang - Myrt, Raiders, Roos, Yarra.
Rovers - Albury, North, Lavi, Wodonga

With Rovers currently on 7 wins, Wang 6 and Lavi 5.

Lavi would have to win all of their remaining games to end up on 9 wins

Wang need to get 3 of their games to get to 9 wins, which means they have to knock off either Raiders or Yarra as well accounting for Myrtleford and Corowa.

Rovers clearly only need 2 wins and would have to be in poll position for the final spot in the 5... but they only beat one of their remaining opponents last time they met.

Regardless, I'm not sure either of these 3 teams will make a huge impact on the finals series.

After seeing Rovers yesterday, I think they are the team most likely to have a say in the finals outside the top 2! Been a while since I've seen the rovers play in decent conditions (Our round 8 game was a wet one) and they were very impressive against the panthers yesterday. Only concern might be a few injuries. Jesse Silver is an important goal kicker for them and he went off in the 2nd quarter and didn't return after a heavy clash, i think it was an ankle injury!

After seeing Rovers yesterday, I think they are the team most likely to have a say in the finals outside the top 2! Been a while since I've seen the rovers play in decent conditions (Our round 8 game was a wet one) and they were very impressive against the panthers yesterday. Only concern might be a few injuries. Jesse Silver is an important goal kicker for them and he went off in the 2nd quarter and didn't return after a heavy clash, i think it was an ankle injury!

Great observation head 16, i think that the Raiders or should i say faiders will be hopeing that their frineds over at Martin Park have a big win next week. Is this now three on the trot for them? will be 4 next week and 5 the week after. My case rests as per my previous posts about 3 weeks ago. And the raiders will be crowned the faiders.

Was told Silver fractured his ankle, so that would be his season done. Big blow - he was averaging more than four goals a game over past six weeks. Still, Rovers playing with a lot of heart at the moment. Beat North last week with the weakest team on paper they've had all year. Clingan and Hoggan were back this week, Buckley should be back in next week, so the list is looking alright. Should have a good win over Wodonga and carry good form into finals, unlike Raiders and North, so would be confident of winning first two finals if all goes to plan.

Any talk of coaches for next year???
Nonch how has young Sessions gone this year?
Which other country league player have stood tall this year?

BB, with all of those opinions you're sharing, it would seem you're a follower of the raiders. Or at the very least you watch them play regularly. So what's your story?

No am not a Faider follower but have seen them play 5 times this year and think my comments are warranted on what I have seen. They are simply not hard enough at the ball.

Any talk of coaches for next year???
Nonch how has young Sessions gone this year?
Which other country league player have stood tall this year?

Sessions has done enough to justify his spot in the side. Has been at his best when the Hawks have played with an open forward line in good conditions with space to lead. Probably needs a bit more muscle to be a real power forward in O&M, as he gets manhandled pretty often. But his efforts and defensive pressure set him apart from other big forwards. Averaging around two goals a game this year - if he can go up to 3-4 next year he will be a very good player.

On coaches, wouldn't be surprised if Hawks already have their man signed up, but wouldn't expect an announcement before their season finishes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great observation head 16, i think that the Raiders or should i say faiders will be hopeing that their frineds over at Martin Park have a big win next week. Is this now three on the trot for them? will be 4 next week and 5 the week after. My case rests as per my previous posts about 3 weeks ago. And the raiders will be crowned the faiders.
Dr Nogood you have 2 working parts in your body your mouth and your a**e hole and they are inter changeable. You have a lot to learn about having respect for teams which makes me think you never got past auskick as a footballer.

Dr Nogood you have 2 working parts in your body your mouth and your a**e hole and they are inter changeable. You have a lot to learn about having respect for teams which makes me think you never got past auskick as a footballer.

True about the Auskick Raidrboy, skipped it as you couldn't tackle, and after watching the raiders on the weekend makes me think that alot of boys still think they are playing Auskick.

If you want to talk about respect lets do. Do the raiders have respect? Simple the Answer is No (that is just my thoughts) For a side thats been in the bottom couple for the majority of the past decade how can you be expectecd to be respected.You don't earn repect in half a football season and on the back of a few good games early, it takes time and consistent performance to get that repect.

I am happy to be proved wrong but i doubt that the raiders are the real deal at all.

Sessions has done enough to justify his spot in the side. Has been at his best when the Hawks have played with an open forward line in good conditions with space to lead. Probably needs a bit more muscle to be a real power forward in O&M, as he gets manhandled pretty often. But his efforts and defensive pressure set him apart from other big forwards. Averaging around two goals a game this year - if he can go up to 3-4 next year he will be a very good player.

On coaches, wouldn't be surprised if Hawks already have their man signed up, but wouldn't expect an announcement before their season finishes.

Any Hints?????;););)

True about the Auskick Raidrboy, skipped it as you couldn't tackle, and after watching the raiders on the weekend makes me think that alot of boys still think they are playing Auskick.

If you want to talk about respect lets do. Do the raiders have respect? Simple the Answer is No (that is just my thoughts) For a side thats been in the bottom couple for the majority of the past decade how can you be expectecd to be respected.You don't earn repect in half a football season and on the back of a few good games early, it takes time and consistent performance to get that repect.

I am happy to be proved wrong but i doubt that the raiders are the real deal at all.

What a gutsy and tough win by the Raiders yesterday at Birralee Park.
Perhaps now the knockers will get off our back.

Not only have we beaten Yarra and North during the year but really pushed and showed that if pressure is applied to Albury anything could happen, im tipping you could ask Corowa/Rutherglen that question also.

The only guys bagging the Raiders on here im guessing are North supporters so just move on you dont have Corey and others anymore and thank christ we dont have Murray.

Happy finals all, I know we are looking forward to it and take us lightly at your own peril !:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Not only have we beaten Yarra and North during the year but really pushed and showed that if pressure is applied to Albury anything could happen, im tipping you could ask Corowa/Rutherglen that question also.

The only guys bagging the Raiders on here im guessing are North supporters so just move on you dont have Corey and others anymore and thank christ we dont have Murray.

Happy finals all, I know we are looking forward to it and take us lightly at your own peril !:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Good win by Raiders. Rovers will need to improve a hell of a lot on this week's effort if they are to have a shot at winning next Sunday. Terrible against Wodonga on Saturday:thumbsdown:

Yes, and it's good to see that you've moved on from the Murray and Lambert issues.

Yes, and it's good to see that you've moved on from the Murray and Lambert issues.

Good healthy rivalry between North & Raiders. Is it true that every time North lined up for a set shot the ground announcer had a message too urgent to wait until after the player had kicked ? Apparently ended with the North guys tearing out the speaker cables. I wasn't there so may only be gossip.

Good healthy rivalry between North & Raiders. Is it true that every time North lined up for a set shot the ground announcer had a message too urgent to wait until after the player had kicked ? Apparently ended with the North guys tearing out the speaker cables. I wasn't there so may only be gossip.

That is Correct, i wasn't sitting near the north supporters but it was very obvious, until Norths President went and pulled out the speaker cables!!! Bad Form Raiders! Although the game was a good one, only with 5 mins to go we knew who was going to win. Tough Finals like game, Although i think both sides were down.
Also hope Birralee Park Doesnt get to host a final due to the state of the ground.
Who's tips this for the next couple weeks?

That is Correct, i wasn't sitting near the north supporters but it was very obvious, until Norths President went and pulled out the speaker cables!!! Bad Form Raiders! Although the game was a good one, only with 5 mins to go we knew who was going to win. Tough Finals like game, Although i think both sides were down.
Also hope Birralee Park Doesnt get to host a final due to the state of the ground.
Who's tips this for the next couple weeks?

This was correct but hey we have long memories of exactly the same happening to us at Bunton Park earlier in the year, call it petty ? yeah well.
There was also a story of North supporters throwing coins at Raiders supporters earlier in the year to.
And as far as the president pulling out the wires.........the bill is in the mail.........

Heard a similar story, this gossip included violence betwixt attendees as well.

Allegedly a call (netball & other grade/match scores etc) goes over every time an opposition player has a set shot for goal, but I've never noticed that.

Amusing and petty if true, but more likely an urban myth.

tips for first week of finals-

yarrawonga to beat nth albury quite comfortably.. and raiders should just edge out rovers on sunday..

Well I was very wrong... they didn't win another game for the year as it turns out. Having sessions and silver out didn't do them any favours!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back