Ovens and Murray - Pre Season 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ovens and Murray Part 3

Why don't you develop your own juniors or at least get off your sunburnt Queensland backsides and come and have a look for yourselves instead of trying to use this forum as a recruiting tool.

I might have hit a nerve.. .. I just wanted to see if my thoughts were thier abouts as lot of people aropund the leaghue seem to think the O and M stuggle in this department. (apart from Dan Leslie and new bulldog H.Heta)

I might have hit a nerve.. .. I just wanted to see if my thoughts were thier abouts as lot of people aropund the leaghue seem to think the O and M stuggle in this department. (apart from Dan Leslie and new bulldog H.Heta)

Add Cupido to the power forward list and you've answered your own question

McMillan from Yarra's pretty handy. Matt Fowler still does pretty well for an old fella.

Why don't you develop your own juniors or at least get off your sunburnt Queensland backsides and come and have a look for yourselves instead of trying to use this forum as a recruiting tool.
as soon as the hunter becomes the hunted you guys cant handle it, o and m is no longer the best country comp g.v league would crap all over you now, its ok for you to throw millions of dollars around a take players from wherever you like but as soon as it happens to you, you all cry unfair. :eek:

Results from the Barooga Night Series Division 1 GF:
DIVISION ONE

YARRAWONGA 18.13.121 DEF WODONGA 5.4.34
GOALS:
YARRAWONGA - RUNNALS 5, HAMMOND 3, COOPER, MCMILLAN 2, EGAN, POWELL, STEVENS, HENDERSON, LONERGAN

WODONGA - TELFORD 2, MURRAY, BARTEL, RYAN

BEST:

BEST ON GROUND - (YARRAWONGA) MARCUS MCMILLAN

YARRAWONGA - MCMILLAN, LESLIE, TASSELL, STEVENS, RUNNALS

WODONGA - HICKS, MAHER, VOGEL, JONES, BROWN

Wodonga definitely didn't have their best side in, missing a number of their high status players. Even though this was the case, the Pigeons looked, and have looked, pretty sharp during the comp. Telling 5 minutes in the second quarter where they kicked 3-4 goals in the space of a couple of minutes. Their crumbing around the contest was great (No. 8 - Runnals?????).

as soon as the hunter becomes the hunted you guys cant handle it, o and m is no longer the best country comp g.v league would crap all over you now, its ok for you to throw millions of dollars around a take players from wherever you like but as soon as it happens to you, you all cry unfair. :eek:

up da middle,

On what assumptions do you judge the GV would as you state would crap all over the O & M. A pretty big uninformed statement in my mind. Wait until the inter league in May before you start spruiking crap statements like that, I think they would be two very even sides.

admittedly i'd had a 8 or 9 cans by the time i seen this at the gold cup on friday, so correct me if i was seeing things, but i'm sure north albury captain dan leslie was in the exclusive albury function at the races - what a terrific msg that sends to his hopper mates! :thumbsdown:

prior dropped to the magoo's how long will he last?

kicked four out of seven in the twos last week not bad an effort..

anyway rd 1 is here and is always a little harder to predict, but will give it a shot anyway..

yarrawonga to edge out albury by 8points
wang to beat wodonga by 21
corowa to pip north by 3points
lavy to beat raiders by 10 points
rovers to beat myrlteford by 70.

Alex is definatly a good player, not that big but is very smart!

what about each teams under-achievers the guys who do great stuff on the field and never get a mention

Albury - Andrew Robinson
Raiders - James Dickson
North Albury - Kade Brown
Corowa - Mick collins
Wangaratta - Jai Canny
Myrtleford - Aaron McIroy
Cant rattle off all the teams because i dont see them to often, any thoughts?

Deffenatly agree with Jai Canny, he is one who every year since becoming a senior player has put his head over the ball continuosly and almost every season has had an injury due to putting his body on the line for the club

Good news for the Saints with a couple of late signings before the season kicks off. Also good to see Steve Tolongs stay on after reportedly heading back to Sandringham.

Let's hope for them and the competition that they can begin to be competitive again.

Myrtleford have picked up Joel Coombes, former Box Hill and SANFL midfielder

Has been training with Hawthorn during the pre season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched the Raiders get ova lavi today, lavi shouldnt of got close after the 3rd qtr. Poor skills by both teams but wodonga were cleaner into their forward line, helps having a decent full forward. Hooper from lavi was probably the key offender with skills got a fair bit of it but turned it over time after time. Wouldnt say either would feature heavily in september, wodonga showed more promise than lavi.

kicked four out of seven in the twos last week not bad an effort..

anyway rd 1 is here and is always a little harder to predict, but will give it a shot anyway..

yarrawonga to edge out albury by 8points
wang to beat wodonga by 21
corowa to pip north by 3points
lavy to beat raiders by 10 points
rovers to beat myrlteford by 70.

Not bad, right margin, wrong team. Good get on the closeness of the result. :thumbsu:

Watched the Raiders get ova lavi today, lavi shouldnt of got close after the 3rd qtr. Poor skills by both teams but wodonga were cleaner into their forward line, helps having a decent full forward. Hooper from lavi was probably the key offender with skills got a fair bit of it but turned it over time after time. Wouldnt say either would feature heavily in september, wodonga showed more promise than lavi.

I know it is only one game but raiders looked a better side on the weekend. There forward line funtioned well and with ball coming in on a regular basis should be able to be competitive for a top 5 spot. Ony concern was the ruck. but saying that, take away Heta from wodonga and who is there in the comp?

Interesting to hear thoughts on top 5 (or should i say 3rd - 5th) after round 1. few games this round that may be critcal come late in the year may have gone the wrong way for a few trams in reound 1. Lavy, Wodonga and the Roos.

Deffenatly agree with Jai Canny, he is one who every year since becoming a senior player has put his head over the ball continuosly and almost every season has had an injury due to putting his body on the line for the club
Bagged a lazy three in Saturday's opener. High work rate and big motor. Can play forward, rotate through the midfield or take a tagging role. Looks to have recovered from the crippling back injury from last year.

Impressive again was young Zac Jones from Wodonga. Played on the key Wang forwards and as usual didn't take a backward step. Will be a scary prospect when he matures physically.

I know it is only one game but raiders looked a better side on the weekend. There forward line funtioned well and with ball coming in on a regular basis should be able to be competitive for a top 5 spot. Ony concern was the ruck. but saying that, take away Heta from wodonga and who is there in the comp?

Interesting to hear thoughts on top 5 (or should i say 3rd - 5th) after round 1. few games this round that may be critcal come late in the year may have gone the wrong way for a few trams in reound 1. Lavy, Wodonga and the Roos.

assuming albury/yarra have a mortgage on top 2, i can see wang and wodonga fighting out 3rd so yes the result on saturday could be decisive come year's end. that should be the top 4 all being even

i wouldn't be prepared to concede that the top 2 have it over the others just yet though - wang are looming as a real wildcard for mine. the midfield core of liddell boyle j allan kelly d porter and cameos from j porter symons mullins canny is a classy collection that loses nothing in comparison to any midfield in the comp. the addition of boyle and liddell over the off season cannot be understimated. they are a massive chance v albury this week with the midfield up and running early in the year. good early signs from whelan at CHF too for the maggies, a position they struggled in last year once williamson didn't live up to the wraps

the ruck was looming as the obvious weakness in the magpie armour pre season but if boofa carmody gets a taste for it and hangs around for the whole season to help out with keir and daws then they have gone a long way to addressing the deficiency. Plus there is a real dearth of quality big men in the comp this year. Heta is probably the best ruckman in the comp and wang managed to get the points last week. pretty sure cairns and steer were missing from the wang backline last week too so some improvement to come down there. i reckon there is every chance that in about 2 months we will be talking about the dominant top 3 in the comp rather than just the 2 talked about all summer

5th - raiders lavi c/r north rovers all in the mix i would have thought. c/r sounded like they had nth's measure last week until injuries struck, raiders sounded impressive from all reports, dunno what to take from rovers effort. got a feeling raiders might the 1 to emerge from that lower pack and snare 5th but alot will depend on injuries etc as there prob isn't alot between the sides mentioned

assuming albury/yarra have a mortgage on top 2, i can see wang and wodonga fighting out 3rd so yes the result on saturday could be decisive come year's end. that should be the top 4 all being even

i wouldn't be prepared to concede that the top 2 have it over the others just yet though - wang are looming as a real wildcard for mine. the midfield core of liddell boyle j allan kelly d porter and cameos from j porter symons mullins canny is a classy collection that loses nothing in comparison to any midfield in the comp. the addition of boyle and liddell over the off season cannot be understimated. they are a massive chance v albury this week with the midfield up and running early in the year. good early signs from whelan at CHF too for the maggies, a position they struggled in last year once williamson didn't live up to the wraps

the ruck was looming as the obvious weakness in the magpie armour pre season but if boofa carmody gets a taste for it and hangs around for the whole season to help out with keir and daws then they have gone a long way to addressing the deficiency. Plus there is a real dearth of quality big men in the comp this year. Heta is probably the best ruckman in the comp and wang managed to get the points last week. pretty sure cairns and steer were missing from the wang backline last week too so some improvement to come down there. i reckon there is every chance that in about 2 months we will be talking about the dominant top 3 in the comp rather than just the 2 talked about all summer

5th - raiders lavi c/r north rovers all in the mix i would have thought. c/r sounded like they had nth's measure last week until injuries struck, raiders sounded impressive from all reports, dunno what to take from rovers effort. got a feeling raiders might the 1 to emerge from that lower pack and snare 5th but alot will depend on injuries etc as there prob isn't alot between the sides mentioned

Yeah would guess that it will be 1st - Yarra, 2nd -Albury, 3rd & 4th wang and wodonga to battle it. or could albury do a hawthorn of 2009?

Saw wang vs wod game, thought Wang looked good, moved it pretty well and were confident enough to take them on. Your right though, Heta killed it in the ruck, and once he gets some game time into his legs should be the dominant ruch in the comp.

Wodonga played averge, but definitely had some highlights in some young guns and the older crew of thompson and twitt finding plenty of it. Won't worry too much about dropping that, didn't play great and only just lost.

Had a chuckle at Today's BMM.Was Hodgson inferring Klemke was from a good family coming to a "Family Club".......If you are the Osborne's!!!:eek::eek:

Seems a few clubs are still on the move with late recruiting, Raiders got a forward last week, Hoppers got Klemke this week. Any word of others still prowling about?

I was expecting to hear an announcement of a ruckmen heading to tigerland after McClay went down. Judging by there first 2 games, a hard fought contest with yarra and a thumping win over the pies, they might go along with their current stock.

Seems a few clubs are still on the move with late recruiting, Raiders got a forward last week, Hoppers got Klemke this week. Any word of others still prowling about?

I was expecting to hear an announcement of a ruckmen heading to tigerland after McClay went down. Judging by there first 2 games, a hard fought contest with yarra and a thumping win over the pies, they might go along with their current stock.

kane godde to return to bunton park as well..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back