Ovens and Murray

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you know for a FACT, reveal us this source....ie. how much wang and yarra have spent and how much wodonga have spent then tell us where you got your FACT then i, and the rest of us will believe you when you say shir, twitt, bradshaw, jacksons, walker are all playing 4 pennies...

Yarrawonga $245K this year, facts gained from a bragging Yarrawonga 'person'. Wodonga $125K from a Committee member. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck then it is probably a duck I say. Interesting that Heinrich has played reserves most of the year and did so last year too. Does $50 a game put you into the best payed players at a club????

Yarrawonga $245K this year, facts gained from a bragging Yarrawonga 'person'. Wodonga $125K from a Committee member. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck then it is probably a duck I say. Interesting that Heinrich has played reserves most of the year and did so last year too. Does $50 a game put you into the best payed players at a club????

unless the yarrawonga person was peter brear or steak seymour, how can u be sure they spent that much?? youd wanna have a pretty good yarrawonga source b4 you start throwing those numbers around...

if you know for a FACT, reveal us this source....ie. how much wang and yarra have spent and how much wodonga have spent then tell us where you got your FACT then i, and the rest of us will believe you when you say shir, twitt, bradshaw, jacksons, walker are all playing 4 pennies...

well compared to what other clubs offered them yes they are, bradshaw and big tonna are on a quater of what the raiders offered them doswell and the jacksons were long time freinds of twitt and were looking forward to change of clubs shir took a pay cut this year this may be hard to understand for yarra blokes wodonga blokes play to win and to play with there mates and to enjoy themselves not to make big bucks plus when around three quarters of the players are on base payments compare that to wang and yarra

Some interesting figures tossed about there. I don't dispute them, cos i don't really know. I'm interested in what us footy forumers think clubs spend and which players take the biggest chunks out of the kitty.

For instance i'd guess the tigers would spend something around the 100k mark for the year on all players. Carroll gets the lions share obviously (i'd guess 20k+) and maher, fowler, bush, mccallister would get the bigger pay cheques come seasons end.
Some will say i'm kiddin myself, but outta the tigers list a lot of blokes don't get much per game. But i don't actually have any hard evidence to support claims either.

245k is a lot of meat trays!

Heard a rumor the other day that Paul Kirby is being paid $1200 a game by the Magpies. Any truth to this? A very good player but do you think he is worth that much? Thats a possible $25,200 on one player alone for the year. ($24,000 if they go straight through to the GF from the semi's) There are a couple of other decent players there who would command some good money, e.g. McCormick, Trenfield, Steer, Cosgriff, Hayes, Lord, Clarke, Pell, Van Shaik. Also believe that the Maggies were reprimanded over some salary cap breach a few years back. Wasn't even aware that the O&M had a salary cap.......

well compared to what other clubs offered them yes they are, bradshaw and big tonna are on a quater of what the raiders offered them doswell and the jacksons were long time freinds of twitt and were looking forward to change of clubs shir took a pay cut this year this may be hard to understand for yarra blokes wodonga blokes play to win and to play with there mates and to enjoy themselves not to make big bucks plus when around three quarters of the players are on base payments compare that to wang and yarra

Wodonga have spent plenty of cash in the past so dont point the finger at other clubs that are having a crack. The only reason Wodonga are not spending big is because they haven't got the cash due to an overspend to win their last flag.

Firstly Darc no there is no longer an O & M salary cap. It used to be only 80k a few years back but the league had no real way of keeping track of clubs spending so it was scrapped. Your other point about Kirby is the biggest exaggeration I have ever heard I played at Tat with Paul for a couple of seasons and still keep in pretty close contact with him and your so called rumour is so far off the mark its not funny. Also there is no way some of those players you mentioned would be on much more than base i.e Lord, Pell, Van Shaik.

Firstly Darc no there is no longer an O & M salary cap. It used to be only 80k a few years back but the league had no real way of keeping track of clubs spending so it was scrapped. Your other point about Kirby is the biggest exaggeration I have ever heard I played at Tat with Paul for a couple of seasons and still keep in pretty close contact with him and your so called rumour is so far off the mark its not funny. Also there is no way some of those players you mentioned would be on much more than base i.e Lord, Pell, Van Shaik.

Yeah the bullants boys are not on much at all, just wanting a regular game.
Also there are a lot of locals in the wang team, that will bring the $$$ down, Same story with Yarra, you will find that guys are willing to play for less than they are offered at other clubs to play with mates.

If it was all about money why would blokes like McCormick, Ednie, Hammond, Mullins come from AFL clubs and play OM, rather than play WAFL SANFl or Metro footy for way more $$.

No one really knows what clubs are paying, its all a bit silly throwing figures around. Maybe half a dozen people at each club would be fully across individual payments

I don’t think that Wodonga can sit high on a perch and point a finger at teams that they suspect of spending big. As stated Wal and Walsh would be the only two people that would have any idea what the club spends. To be honest, it is not an issue in today’s game. If the club can formulate the funds then they can spend what they like how they like. There is no salary cap to adhere to. Yarrawonga have worked hard off the field to produce a money making scheme that sees them able to put a competitive team on the field. Yarrawonga has had to do that because they have found it difficult to compete with clubs from the bigger towns. I am making an assumption by stating that both Myrtleford and Corowa also have similar difficulties. Just look at how the seconds teams compare and you can see that these clubs have trouble with depth. Neither Wodonga nor any other club can point a finger at Yarrawonga or the Pies. Both teams have put themselves in positions to have a crack at the flag. Maybe the recruiting committees at both clubs should take a bow, pat each other on the back and congratulate each other for formulating good teams and making supporters from Wodonga squeal, ‘foul play’. Maybe instead of squealing, you should be congratulating the Pigeons for producing a competitive team three years in a row.

Go Pigeons

Just out of curiosity can anyone name all the players on the Pigeons list who don't have ties with the club or surrounding region but are playing footy at the club?

What would be base level for O&M players?

Base is around $50-60 a senior game at most clubs

My Final top 10 at the end of the 2007 Home and Away Season;

1.Jon McCormick Wangaratta 74
2.Mark Doolan Wodonga Raiders 70
3.Kade Stevens Lavington 68
4.Nick Raines Corowa Rutherglen 59
5.Brandon Ryan North Albury 59
6.Lee Schmidt Corowa Rutherglen 56
7.Andrew Carey Myrtleford 53
8.Darryn McKimmie Lavington 52
9.Daine Porter Wangaratta 51
10.Jarrod Gorupic Wodonga Raiders 47

Well done to those 10 blokes on there seasons interesting to see only 3 will be playing finals Ryan, Porter and McCormick, if he gets back

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t think that Wodonga can sit high on a perch and point a finger at teams that they suspect of spending big. As stated Wal and Walsh would be the only two people that would have any idea what the club spends. To be honest, it is not an issue in today’s game. If the club can formulate the funds then they can spend what they like how they like. There is no salary cap to adhere to. Yarrawonga have worked hard off the field to produce a money making scheme that sees them able to put a competitive team on the field. Yarrawonga has had to do that because they have found it difficult to compete with clubs from the bigger towns. I am making an assumption by stating that both Myrtleford and Corowa also have similar difficulties. Just look at how the seconds teams compare and you can see that these clubs have trouble with depth. Neither Wodonga nor any other club can point a finger at Yarrawonga or the Pies. Both teams have put themselves in positions to have a crack at the flag. Maybe the recruiting committees at both clubs should take a bow, pat each other on the back and congratulate each other for formulating good teams and making supporters from Wodonga squeal, ‘foul play’. Maybe instead of squealing, you should be congratulating the Pigeons for producing a competitive team three years in a row.

Go Pigeons

Or maybe not

Well done to those 10 blokes on there seasons interesting to see only 3 will be playing finals Ryan, Porter and McCormick, if he gets back
the reason most of these players are from bottom sides is because the better sides have a more even contribution from all it players and hence why they win more games.

on the player payments side of things i think its rediculous to suggest that wodongas players get paid pittance to play and i know for a fact that even there base payment at senior level is $100 where there are other lowly sides in the comp that may only have 6-10 players getting paid more than that and no player over $500 and i bet wodonga have at least 6 in that catagory. if the wodonga boys are so loyal and playing for there mates and nothing else why does matt shir put himself on the market every year? i agree loyalty comes into it and there would be local players at wang, yarra, nth albury, wodonga etc that would get more at other clubs but i can assure you they wouldn't be playing for much less

Thats not your top 10 mate. You just copy and pasted that straight off the omfl website. 'Here it is' does the top 10 around here and has his own structure. maybe you could think of your own? or just give up.

u are naive to think that those melbourne boys would come up here for nothin buddy. what do you think it was just love of the game... You would need a fair bit of kanga to even think about associating with Aaron Braden

throw Macey in their as well. heard he was on the move in february and by march he was driving round in a brand new holden ute. you can't afford those on an abbatoir cleaner salary...

Heard Tom Dickson has been offered massive money to join the dogs next year and is already making plans to come back. Apparently he wasnt happy he didnt get offered the job at raiders this year.

Thats not your top 10 mate. You just copy and pasted that straight off the omfl website. 'Here it is' does the top 10 around here and has his own structure. maybe you could think of your own? or just give up.

Cheerz for the support Hitman, but I've got no problem with Dees posting that list as a comparison. It's interesting.
My final home and away Top 10 is on its way.

Go Pigeons

Ah come on Tim. You make it too hard for the Yarra knockers to get on their high horses when you put across such sound and sensible arguments!

yeah fair enough mate just thought people might be interested in comparing a couple of lists not disputing that Here it is's system is very detailed and well done

Heard Tom Dickson has been offered massive money to join the dogs next year and is already making plans to come back. Apparently he wasnt happy he didnt get offered the job at raiders this year.
i've heard tom dickson was hunted from the raiders and told never to return because of an alleged affair with wayne the trainer a few years back. old waynal passage and tom were both told to leave their raiders stubby holders at the gates and never to return

i've heard tom dickson was hunted from the raiders and told never to return because of an alleged affair with wayne the trainer a few years back. old waynal passage and tom were both told to leave their raiders stubby holders at the gates and never to return

Look this is an absolute disgrace! I never had any intentions of coaching raiders. I thought about coaching corowa, but decided i did not want to do it. I might yet coach lavington when timba stands down if i want to, but that is another issue altogether. Also i have not been approached by the doggies. and JD for you to suggest i was kicked out of the club for those reasons, is nothing short of ludicrous! There is plenty of other blokes there that you would kick out before me, e.g, mossop, 'sausage arms' doolan, etc, etc. If you had anything to do with the club you would realise these blokes (esp the 2 named) are worse people than me.

Hey Wang Rovers supporters can anyone tell me how Tyson Hartwig is going this season any info would be appreciated

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back