Ovens and Murray

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Wod Raiders B & F count showed a few superises this year. Although Doolan won the 2nd thru to 10th was very different to what everyone thought it was going to be..

G'day Roomies,

Can I join in with this my 1st open posting?

My handle is "Precursor" but I shall sign off as Oz. ....The handle is unfortunate as it indicates I'm new to the room, .... but I'm no "newbaby". …I have surfed the Net for years (1995), … hosting & mentoring Computer Chat rooms for many of them. Not wish to be conceited, … my IQ is up there and I may at time appear to be out there with it, ...so a apologist in advance to those that may take that the wrong way. I shall engage with those of you that wish me it if I'm allowed and look forward to the opportunities making new acquaintances this meeting place provides for us all.

I'm on a positive mission and looking forward to an excellent result. For me this is the right place & the right time. .... I'm also a keen follower of the great game & am a minor sponsor an entire division by supporting the code rather than just a single team. .... I do have my favourites, ....but don't be fooled, ... you will not know who they are even by researching my profile.

I need to maintain anonymity so as I’m not approached for commercial reasons, …yet I may make personal contact with trusted members as time goes by.

I trust this will assist the room to understand me a little. Here ends my clumsy introduction. ....:thumbsu:

Today I would like to start by make the following contribution from my life's skills and observations.

I trust it will be thoughtful and provocative all at the same time …yet have others also respond with the similar courteous passion I’m wishing to evoke in those that would respond.

Here goes, >>>>>>>

All the Weaglas supporters (& fair minded devotees' of the code overall), .... I guess we are in for more heart ache over the memory (.... or inquisition into same)of one of the greatest plays the club & game's has ever spored.

I was very saddened to learn of Chris Mainwaring's death yesterday as I'm sure all respectful fans will agree. ...:(

To those of us to have seen Chris at his best, ... the lost is nothing less than tragic and this talented play from the hardest of all hard rock mining town will be missed. I recall those to have known him shed tears of joy when he did something beyond skill, ..... leaving a bar room fully of us in disbelief at what he did. .... I have that feeling again, ..... but this time because he's no longer amongst us, and my tears are for altogether another reason. ...:(

I wounder what good can come from the media sweating on the results of an autopsy and linking Chris with Ben Cousins as they are do?

As Ben's mentor, ....what is the surprise in that? .... It appears to me as if the media finds news with what, .... I'm offended it's more likely to be designed to sell papers by tainting Chris's wonderful playing memory and the legacy he leaves behind in his memory and good deeds.

I'm also concerned for Chris's family & friends with this unwelcome attention at this saddest of sad time for them.

Chris was well liked beyond his footy, .... a good community personality that inspired the best in kids that wanted to play just like him.

.... I for one can't see any percentage from raking Chris's legacy through the dirt, ... nor do I think we ever need to know more about Chris then we already know.

...I don't say Chris was saintly, .... but few humans are. ....He was a man, wild and willing, and under rules mortals like the majority of us can't imaging.

... What good can flow now he's gone from us by looking for flaws designed to undermine his memory. What public interest will be served at that expense to his memory. .... :mad::thumbsdown:

What do all true fans of the code (not a single club) think about the man and the issues that may do nothing to honour his memory as a player of exceptional value? ....:confused:

Do we need to find fault in a person that can't reply?

... Do we need to draw attention to what can only be unnecessary hurt for his friends and family?

...I think not!

:cool: ......Oz.

wow...didnt no ben cousins and chris mainwaring spent time in the O&M...

G'day Roomies,

My handle is "Precursor" but I shall sign off as Oz. ....The handle is unfortunate as it indicates I'm new to the room, .... but I'm no "newbaby". …I have surfed the Net for years (1995), … hosting & mentoring Computer Chat rooms for many of them. Not wish to be conceited, … my IQ is up there and I may at time appear to be out there with it, ...so a apologist in advance to those that may take that the wrong way. I shall engage with those of you that wish me it if I'm allowed and look forward to the opportunities making new acquaintances this meeting place provides for us all.

I'm on a positive mission and looking forward to an excellent result. For me this is the right place & the right time. .... I'm also a keen follower of the great game & am a minor sponsor an entire division by supporting the code rather than just a single team. .... I do have my favourites, ....but don't be fooled, ... you will not know who they are even by researching my profile.

I need to maintain anonymity so as I’m not approached for commercial reasons, …yet I may make personal contact with trusted members as time goes by.

I trust this will assist the room to understand me a little. Here ends my clumsy introduction. ....:thumbsu:

Today I would like to start by make the following contribution from my life's skills and observations.

I trust it will be thoughtful and provocative all at the same time …yet have others also respond with the similar courteous passion I’m wishing to evoke in those that would respond.

Here goes, >>>>>>>

All the Weaglas supporters (& fair minded devotees' of the code overall), .... I guess we are in for more heart ache over the memory (.... or inquisition into same)of one of the greatest plays the club & game's has ever spored.

I was very saddened to learn of Chris Mainwaring's death yesterday as I'm sure all respectful fans will agree. ...:(

To those of us to have seen Chris at his best, ... the lost is nothing less than tragic and this talented play from the hardest of all hard rock mining town will be missed. I recall those to have known him shed tears of joy when he did something beyond skill, ..... leaving a bar room fully of us in disbelief at what he did. .... I have that feeling again, ..... but this time because he's no longer amongst us, and my tears are for altogether another reason. ...:(

I wounder what good can come from the media sweating on the results of an autopsy and linking Chris with Ben Cousins as they are do?

As Ben's mentor, ....what is the surprise in that? .... It appears to me as if the media finds news with what, .... I'm offended it's more likely to be designed to sell papers by tainting Chris's wonderful playing memory and the legacy he leaves behind in his memory and good deeds.

I'm also concerned for Chris's family & friends with this unwelcome attention at this saddest of sad time for them.

Chris was well liked beyond his footy, .... a good community personality that inspired the best in kids that wanted to play just like him.

.... I for one can't see any percentage from raking Chris's legacy through the dirt, ... nor do I think we ever need to know more about Chris then we already know.

...I don't say Chris was saintly, .... but few humans are. ....He was a man, wild and willing, and under rules mortals like the majority of us can't imaging.

... What good can flow now he's gone from us by looking for flaws designed to undermine his memory. What public interest will be served at that expense to his memory. .... :mad::thumbsdown:

What do all true fans of the code (not a single club) think about the man and the issues that may do nothing to honour his memory as a player of exceptional value? ....:confused:

... Do we need to draw attention to what can only be unnecessary hurt for his friends and family?

...I think not!

Get off the hooch mate

anyone hear the news outta rover land?? heard that they will land the first big signing of the off season with karl norman set to put ink on paper...just giving u boys the good word early....

Heard the same thing today. Beat me to it.

Well done bigfella :thumbsu:

give some details buddy
sorry, please see below.
1st - m.doolan
2nd- j.Gorupic
3rd - b.way
4th - t.storey
5th - d.elliott
6th- a.cuswoth
7th - n.mossip
and the rest i have no idea.
And "everyone" is me and a few ppl around the club and my mates.

I thought that maybe Storey and mossip were a bit hard done by. B.Way and Gorupic beat Storey by 10 to 25 points.

sorry, please see below.
1st - m.doolan
2nd- j.Gorupic
3rd - b.way
4th - t.storey
5th - d.elliott
6th- a.cuswoth
7th - n.mossip
and the rest i have no idea.
And "everyone" is me and a few ppl around the club and my mates.

I thought that maybe Storey and mossip were a bit hard done by. B.Way and Gorupic beat Storey by 10 to 25 points.

come on stores get off here mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

anyone hear the news outta rover land?? heard that they will land the first big signing of the off season with karl norman set to put ink on paper...just giving u boys the good word early....
Rovers are also chasing (again) the Nolan Bros currently enjoying premiership success with Heidelberg.
Strong rumour also that the Maggies are looking at trying to entice a couple of Heid boys (centreman & ruckman) to venture up the Hume to bolster stocks.

come on stores get off here mate.
unfortantly this is not Stores!!!! l'm just a supporter of raiders and have not played footy for a long time....
although the way raiders have been playing for the last few years i don't think i would want to be a part of that playing group. l'm hoping that clark pulls his head outog the clouds this off season, and starts actually recruiting some top tier players. because l'm sure l'm not the only one who wishs they could win more then 3 games every year. at least maybe be more competitive.

G'day Roomies,

Here goes, >>>>>>>

To those of us to have seen Chris at his best, ... the lost is nothing less than tragic and this talented play from the hardest of all hard rock mining town will be missed. I recall those to have known him shed tears of joy when he did something beyond skill, ..... leaving a bar room fully of us in disbelief at what he did. .... I have that feeling again, ..... but this time because he's no longer amongst us, and my tears are for altogether another reason. ...

... What good can flow now he's gone from us by looking for flaws designed to undermine his memory. What public interest will be served at that expense to his memory. ....

What do all true fans of the code (not a single club) think about the man and the issues that may do nothing to honour his memory as a player of exceptional value? ...

...I think not!

Did U get some wacky tobaccy from myrtleford before they all sold up?? Head off mate to much info, remember simple footballers on here and most of us 2's hacks that love just a quick rumour. Not a F'ckn English lesson!!

Cheers Big Ears! :D :thumbsdown: :confused: :eek:

Yep, back in to Wang. Got in a bit of strife at last club - along the same lines as an ex Myrt coach[/quote]

Hope you have right info mate, talking about either player when u talk that crap!! Rumour mill is pretty good when a bloke heck S up once, apparently then he does it all the time.

Yeah Mate i do know jock

Yep, back in to Wang. Got in a bit of strife at last club - along the same lines as an ex Myrt coach[/quote]

Hope you have right info mate, talking about either player when u talk that crap!! Rumour mill is pretty good when a bloke heck S up once, apparently then he does it all the time.

Yeah Mate i do know jock

Thats the mail from Wang BB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back