Ovens and Murray

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Rob. I'll be honest I didnt know he kicked 7 last week, but I really do worry about the physicality of an ANZAC day game and whether or not this kid will provide any output for North. Anyways, been wrong plenty of times before and he'l probably come out and kick 10 on debut now. North still to get belted though :thumbsu:
yeh i agree they will get belted

hate to think what wang are going to do to myrtleford on anzac day if they're half serious.

the byes (ie teams playing myrt and raiders) aside, what about some of the other games this weekend? the albury clash generally has a bit of feeling on anzac day, and the rovers v yarra generally has a bit of spice to it as well. couple of good contests brewing maybe, although i hear that yarra will be missing virtually all of their 1st choice key defenders which won't help. Lavi v corowa is also interesting, lavi weren't bad for 3 quarters last week against wang, and they are always hard to beat up there.

anyone got any thoughts or gossip about the weekend's games?

I wanna stick my neck out and say Raiders will beat the Dogs :thumbsu:

uote=Hutchy 001;10783533]How can North Albury supporters take their footy club, and more particularly their coach serious. What type of message is he trying to send by promoting this young Thompson kid. Ive seen him play in their 2's a few times and ill be honest he's a little live wire, but surely hes not up to senoir footy, at this stage anyway. Feel sorry for blokes like Horn, Mcdonald, Goode and those other blokes who have a red hot dip week-in week-out to have to put up with the coach pullin moves like that. So by doing that I hope North get belted tomorrow.[/quote]

Has anyone seen young Miles play for Nth Albury 2s,would have 2 b a chance if North r adopting a youth policy.:confused::confused::confused:

How can North Albury supporters take their footy club, and more particularly their coach serious. What type of message is he trying to send by promoting this young Thompson kid. Ive seen him play in their 2's a few times and ill be honest he's a little live wire, but surely hes not up to senoir footy, at this stage anyway. Feel sorry for blokes like Horn, Mcdonald, Goode and those other blokes who have a red hot dip week-in week-out to have to put up with the coach pullin moves like that. So by doing that I hope North get belted tomorrow.
Good call what was Hoggy thinking?

Good call what was Hoggy thinking?
Hodgson obviously needed a first gamer weighing about 45kgs to go and win some contested footy in the forward half to feed out to him cause thats what the kid did on numerous occasions-won it and Hodgson was outside receiving it off him!Well done to the Hoppers as they were outplayed big time in the first half;but there is something drastically wrong with my first observation of this thread.

Are Lavington Panthers on the lookout for a new coach next year?
Rumours around he's already signed at Hume club BB Saints for next year.:eek:
Hutchy, what you heard?

Are Lavington Panthers on the lookout for a new coach next year?
Rumours around he's already signed at Hume club BB Saints for next year.:eek:
Hutchy, what you heard?

Fellow followers this is a big story which has really only just surfaced. To early to get a good read on whats happenin, however, I beleive the club in question is cashed up and ready to go with a big name coach. I will do sum more investigative work, BUT, I believe this one is a goer, with a twist, of a fellow local coach....:thumbsu:

Fellow followers this is a big story which has really only just surfaced. To early to get a good read on whats happenin, however, I beleive the club in question is cashed up and ready to go with a big name coach. I will do sum more investigative work, BUT, I believe this one is a goer, with a twist, of a fellow local coach....:thumbsu:

Surely now that timba has retired and is a non-playing coach he has committed to lavy for at least more than one year of non-playing coaching. who would want to coach BB, doubt timba could go from the state of the art lavy ground to a ground that resembles the kokoda trail

Hutchy, this is one that I first heard about when BB was still B-rocklesby and before Bug went to Henty.
Seems it keeps popping up, but will it ever happen? :confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just got off the phone to him. Wish i had've seen this before i rang, would've asked him about it. Honestly i wouldn't have a clue whether it would be genuine or not. Got my doubts he would sign with a club for next year, only 4 or 5 rounds into this year.

What's this twist Hutchy?

If i do find out either way, you blokes on here will be the last to know!

I wanna stick my neck out and say Raiders will beat the Dogs :thumbsu:

sounds like raiders gave a much better account of themselves than in recent weeks. have they got myrtleford covered in the spoon battle?

most interesting result of the weekend appears to have been at the findlay oval in wang. for yarra to get up there with the defensive players they had out reads as a huge effort on paper at least. anyone see the game? they seem to be the clear threat to wang at this stage. the bottom 2 aside, the other 6 all seem capable of beating each other on any given day based on early season form.

further to my previous post, i just read that rovers were without andy hill and jamie allan, as well as matt allen, and lost ross hill during the game, so maybe the injury count evened itself out.

anyone able to post the full interleague squad..o&m website isnt working for me and i think the squad was released today...cheers

anyone able to post the full interleague squad..o&m website isnt working for me and i think the squad was released today...cheers
Senior Interleague Squad Announced

The SS&A Ovens & Murray Football Netball League is delighted to announce the initial 53-man senior interleague training squad for its title defence of the upcoming Victorian Country Championships.

In 2008 the championships will be held at Deakin Reserve Shepparton on the weekend of Friday 30th May, Saturday 31st May and Sunday 1st June. The SS&A O&M will also be represented in under-18 football and open netball, squads for these will be announced soon.

The squad is as follows:

Albury - Mark Bush, Nick Carter, Matthew Fowler, Charles Gaylard, Jayden Kotzur, Daniel Maher, Jason Sheather

Corowa-Rutherglen - Sam Carpenter, David Clark, Nic Raines, Jake Ryan, Lee Schmidt, Craig Tafft

Lavington - Adam Butler, John Hunt, Matthew Pendergast

Myrtleford - Luke Chapman

North Albury - Rob Hodgson, Brad Horn, Dan Leslie, Brandon Ryan

Wangaratta - Ed Clarke, Ben Cosgriff, Jarrod Hayse, Sam Higgs, Paul Kirby, Marc Lord, Judd Porter, Jesse Smith, David Steer, Nick Trenfield

Wangaratta Rovers - Jamie Allan, Peter Cristoforo, Andrew Hill, Karl Norman, Jake Plattfuss, Anthony Tucci.

Wodonga - Darren Bradshaw, Brett Doswell, Nathan Laracy, Matt Shir, Josh Walker, Adam Williams

Wodonga Raiders - Adam Prior

Yarrawonga - Kyle Archibald, Warren Carlyle, Craig Ednie, Xavier Leslie, Jeremy O'Brien, Lance Oswald, Scott Oswald, Ashley Thomson, Matt Wollington

The squad will train on the following dates:

Sunday 4th May at Wangaratta YMCA

Wednesday 21st May at Albury Sportsground

Sunday 25th May at Wangaratta YMCA

Monday 26th May at W.J. Findlay Oval

Wednesday 28th May at Lavington Panthers Oval.

The schedule for the championship weekend is as follows:

Friday 30th May versus Hampden at 8:00pm

Saturday 31st May versus Goulburn Valley at 2:30pm

Sunday 1st June versus Ballarat at 1:15pm.

SS&A Ovens & Murray Football Netball League General Manager Tom O'Connor said "the SS&A O&M prides itself on its strong showing at VCFL interleague level. 2008 gives the league the chance to defend its title as the premier league in Victorian country football."

SS&A O&M interleague coach Corey Lambert said "I am excited with the squad and the form of all the players named. I look forward to getting the guys together on the training track and working towards a successful 2008 campaign."

:thumbsu:

I have been away from the O&M since 2005 and I remember Daine Porter being one of the better up-and-comers. I have been reading these pages for a few months now and I don't recall much chat about him. Is he still playing for the Maggies?

I have been away from the O&M since 2005 and I remember Daine Porter being one of the better up-and-comers. I have been reading these pages for a few months now and I don't recall much chat about him. Is he still playing for the Maggies?

he is indeed still playing for the maggies. he was close to best on ground in the grand final last year. has started a bit slower in 08 as had a knee op over the pre season and had a limited prep.

reputations - from 4 and 5 seasons ago - obviously have a great impact on the coach's thinking. how could he possibly be selected on what he's done in 08???

Reputation from 5 years ago is a bit ordinary i reckon, i agree with ya peanut that theres no way u could select him on this years form, as there is no form this year ! I wanna know who picked the squad, whether it was Lambert or the Border Mail. fair dinkum i reckon he's sat at home and picked that squad out of the critic !!

Reputation from 5 years ago is a bit ordinary i reckon, i agree with ya peanut that theres no way u could select him on this years form, as there is no form this year ! I wanna know who picked the squad, whether it was Lambert or the Border Mail. fair dinkum i reckon he's sat at home and picked that squad out of the critic !!

Remember the squad has over 50 men in it at this stage. Drawing on his ability, by having him in the initial squad at least he can then be selected should his form improve before the carnival.

Good to see Twitt got through the game on the weekend, came back very early from his shoulder injury and hopefully he can get some form back soon - great player if he can stay injury-free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back