Ovens and Murray

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. Now I know i also will be labeled a one eye pies supporter. However, i was at the game on the weekend and i (like many) witnessed the piss poor approach to footy nth alb took. It was clear from the first quarter that they had it in for the maggies captain and the tactic of man before the ball was also adopted. I will admit that "my man" ed clarke was the instigator of a few dirty blows but it comparision to the efforts of the north boys he looked like a boy scout.

Nth lowered themselfs massively as a footy club on the weekend and that was before their supporters(and others) got nasty in the players race

First of all I am not a one eyed Wang Magpies supporter. In the O&M I support the Wang Rovers thanks to my brothers previously playing there and my father in law involved with the club. I don't hate any of the O&M teams but after watching the GF last year I can see why people dislike Nth Albury. If the game on the weekend was a repeat of their dirty tactics from the GF, then most people need to realise that this isn't new. You used to see this in the O&K 20 years ago! These days you probably only occasionally see it in maybe the Biff and Dong (Benalla) League. Does the O&M want to be compared to this? The GVFL we play in is fast and hard but fair. I would have expected the O&M to be the same. I have never seen in the GVFL what I saw in the O&M GF last year! The only thing Nth Albury is achieving is giving the whole league a bad name over Shepparton way. After the way the GF last year was officiated and the investigations that followed, don't expect the league to do anything this time around either! If dirty tactics happen in the future in any O&M games with headbutts, dangerous collisions, punches etc that cause serious injury then don't get the league involved, get the police to do an investigation. Maybe a couple of assault charges is needed to stamp this sort of behaviour out.:mad:

Yes i agree with you luca just wondering by these changes is it simply the bench and the fringe players that that face the axe, if so this will achieve nothing. For changes to be made to the mentality and performance of albury wholesale changes need to be made. Every one on that list should be fighting for their spot regardless of status or $$$. Out of form senior and veteren players would not be hurt with stints in the twos. Nor would highly paid players. Albury need more pace, blooding more younger players like their opponents on the w/e. Fighting for a spot will breed enthusiasm. If blokes feel comfortable they don't try as hard. There are alot of comfortable players in the albury team that seem to be going through the motions.

Agreed, too many egos down there at the moment, but just wait and see, it will be poor old Robinson or Mitchell or the like that get the chop, not one of the more experienced players who haven't been getting a touch lately.

Oh and the Ben Fixter deal is done, now a Tiger, it will be interesting to see what difference he makes!

First of all I am not a one eyed Wang Magpies supporter. In the O&M I support the Wang Rovers thanks to my brothers previously playing there and my father in law involved with the club. I don't hate any of the O&M teams but after watching the GF last year I can see why people dislike Nth Albury. If the game on the weekend was a repeat of their dirty tactics from the GF, then most people need to realise that this isn't new. You used to see this in the O&K 20 years ago! These days you probably only occasionally see it in maybe the Biff and Dong (Benalla) League. Does the O&M want to be compared to this? The GVFL we play in is fast and hard but fair. I would have expected the O&M to be the same. I have never seen in the GVFL what I saw in the O&M GF last year! The only thing Nth Albury is achieving is giving the whole league a bad name over Shepparton way. After the way the GF last year was officiated and the investigations that followed, don't expect the league to do anything this time around either! If dirty tactics happen in the future in any O&M games with headbutts, dangerous collisions, punches etc that cause serious injury then don't get the league involved, get the police to do an investigation. Maybe a couple of assault charges is needed to stamp this sort of behaviour out.:mad:

ok back in ya box mumsy

Not sure we need to get the coppers involved, its not like it happens every weekend and i know it shouldnt happen at all but fit strong youg men arnt going to sit back and watch a team mate cop a liverpool kiss. Maybe the leage admin should have been more active after the 07 granny and sorted it out last September, there has been no deterant for these guys.Only one report from what i seen on TV is unbelievable you dont need the coppers you need the league admin to have somebody at every game, to form thier own opinion on what has happened and not rely on the BM, or the Chronical, or Monday nights news

Not sure we need to get the coppers involved, its not like it happens every weekend and i know it shouldnt happen at all but fit strong youg men arnt going to sit back and watch a team mate cop a liverpool kiss. Maybe the leage admin should have been more active after the 07 granny and sorted it out last September, there has been no deterant for these guys.Only one report from what i seen on TV is unbelievable you dont need the coppers you need the league admin to have somebody at every game, to form thier own opinion on what has happened and not rely on the BM, or the Chronical, or Monday nights news

Maybe the League should've seen this coming and been more proactive in reading the riot act to the two teams prior to the game. Just like Ray Murrihy getting the Golden Slipper jockeys in before the race and warning them that any roughouse tactics will be punished to their full extent. Easy to say in retrospect but after last year's Grand Final I would've thought League admin may have been prepared.

Spot on "50 metres" and "run straight", if the league thinks by getting involved now they are going to fix it they are strongly mistaking. Whats happened on saturday has happened and the league and umpires from the game can only blame themselve, stepping in now once its in the past is too late.

In future the league needs to make sure they appoint appropriate umpires, especially for these potentially "fierce games" and then situation like this would be difused there and then!:mad:

Agreed, too many egos down there at the moment, but just wait and see, it will be poor old Robinson or Mitchell or the like that get the chop, not one of the more experienced players who haven't been getting a touch lately.

Oh and the Ben Fixter deal is done, now a Tiger, it will be interesting to see what difference he makes!

From what I read not alot of people had the tigers in their top 5 at the start of the year, yet they lose 2 in a row and they are in the gun. Yes they should have beaten North Anzac day being up by a bit but alot of people had Wodonga high up in the 5 - so why is everyone bagging Albury for losing to Wodonga? Or is just some blokes out of form thats the problem for Albury???

Anyone know much about Alburys new recruit - X Brisbane lions, no shame on missing out on a game with them for the last few years, depending on when he was drafted I suppose as he could have got a game last year.

From what I read not alot of people had the tigers in their top 5 at the start of the year, yet they lose 2 in a row and they are in the gun. Yes they should have beaten North Anzac day being up by a bit but alot of people had Wodonga high up in the 5 - so why is everyone bagging Albury for losing to Wodonga? Or is just some blokes out of form thats the problem for Albury???

Anyone know much about Alburys new recruit - X Brisbane lions, no shame on missing out on a game with them for the last few years, depending on when he was drafted I suppose as he could have got a game last year.
Pretty sure most people on here know who Ben Fixter is.

Too a few people who have commented on my post from yesterday, I stated that only if a very nasty incident happens consider to get the police involved. You would get charged for assault if you did it at the pub after a game. The League over there obviously has no balls.:eek:
I believe it is very rare that this happens these days in the O&M. But as an example lets say a good O&M player who gets a few hundred for each game he plays gets a broken jaw or the like from a stupid unnecessary headbutt. He Misses 8-10 weeks for reconstruction. Loss of income from the game plus regular work loss of income? You don't go to work to get smashed in the head. Can a player sue another for loss of wages and/or pain and suffering? Yes it has happened. Not too long ago wasn't there a player from Chiltern who got himself and the club in the shite for a nasty accident to a Moyhu player which eventually led them to leave the O&K league? You don't want to see this happen again.:mad:

Pretty sure most people on here know who Ben Fixter is.[/quote

Sorry mate. I don't know who Ben Fixter is??? He must be some legend if 'most people' know him!!

Where is he from and how would he end up at Albury from Qld - thats half my point!!!!

Ben Fixter, really! Known to some, but hardly a household name.

He's a 26/27 year old midfield type player who spent a good 3 or 4 years at Sydney after being drafted from the NSW/ACT rams i think. Originally from Ungarie (Daniher country) where he played all his junior footy against people like yours truly. Was a very quick, silky skilled junior. I'd imagine if he's been in the AFL system for 7-8 years things haven't changed much.

Went from Swans to Brisbane about 3 years ago (i'm guessing) and has played his fair share of games up there. All told i'd reckon he could have played 30-50 AFL games in total. Never really spent quality time in either team, but was obviously good enough to get a gig here and there.

Be interesting to see what impact he has, considering recent ex-AFL senior players in McCormick, Ednie, Bradshaw, Norman have been clearly a cut above the rest. Whilst others who have spent time on AFL lists recently have handled themselves well too (Prior, Piltz, Butler, Doswell, Raines, Arhcibald, Beams and no doubt others i can't recall).
I back him to do very well.

I'd suggest he made his way to Albury through connections from back at Ungarie. Luke Daly is from there and so is Tim Foster (maybe West Wyalong). Foster has got some off-field role down at tigerland and that may involve him in recruiting.

No doubt Joss & Co are looking for another worker anyhow!

I wonder whether yarra spoke to him? Archibald is an Ungarie boy too!

Does anyone know when he's playing his first game?

He's a 26/27 year old midfield type player who spent a good 3 or 4 years at Sydney after being drafted from the NSW/ACT rams i think. Originally from Ungarie (Daniher country) where he played all his junior footy against people like yours truly. Was a very quick, silky skilled junior. I'd imagine if he's been in the AFL system for 7-8 years things haven't changed much.

Went from Swans to Brisbane about 3 years ago (i'm guessing) and has played his fair share of games up there. All told i'd reckon he could have played 30-50 AFL games in total. Never really spent quality time in either team, but was obviously good enough to get a gig here and there.

Be interesting to see what impact he has, considering recent ex-AFL senior players in McCormick, Ednie, Bradshaw, Norman have been clearly a cut above the rest. Whilst others who have spent time on AFL lists recently have handled themselves well too (Prior, Piltz, Butler, Doswell, Raines, Arhcibald, Beams and no doubt others i can't recall).

I'd suggest he made his way to Albury through connections from back at Ungarie. Luke Daly is from there and so is Tim Foster (maybe West Wyalong). Foster has got some off-field role down at tigerland and that may involve him in recruiting.

Thanks Head, as expected I have never heard of him but thats a very good resume. He will be a very good player in this league you would think coming straight from AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good summary Head. He's playing this weekend apparently. Debuting against Lavy.

Geez it would be nice to have a person like Colin Joss at every club. When the chips are down and the current crop of 'footballers' cant win a game Carroll askes him to open up the cheque book (they did the same last year with Dicketts) and top up. The pressure now will be turned up on Carroll to see if he can actually COACH a side to victory and not just rely on Jossy to come save the day.

Geez it would be nice to have a person like Colin Joss at every club. When the chips are down and the current crop of 'footballers' cant win a game Carroll askes him to open up the cheque book (they did the same last year with Dicketts) and top up. The pressure now will be turned up on Carroll to see if he can actually COACH a side to victory and not just rely on Jossy to come save the day.

Totally agree "gun recruit" , Carroll's days are all but over in a tigers jumper if he cant take them deep into september this year!

The emphasis shouldn't be put on Colin Joss, a man who has real passion for his football club, and when able, to help when it might be needed.

Your last 3 lines say it all. Whilst Carroll has been in charge Albury haven't had a champion list, but I would have thought that they may have done a little better than they have delivered. With a good blend of youth and experience and talent, now is the time to start delivering as a coach. If he can't get the most out of this lot, I'd suggest they start looking for someone who can!

Kris Archibald (his brother) is playing for the Belconnen Magpies Mr Head - has been all season. His other brother Mick is there as well. One of my claims to fame is playing alongside Kyle at Belconnen before he was drafted - yep, I taught him a lot (most of which I learnt from you). And as for your previous comment about never being reported - that doesn't make you an angel!!!

Kerry Bahr might also have some information on suspensions from the bloodbath GF in 1990. Given his age though, he probably won't know what the internet is and how to use a keyboard. Send him a telegram!

Latest rumour is that you are in Germany receiving treatment for your injuries (similar to Geelong player last season) and will make a return to the O&M in the second half of the year. If successful Kade Stevens will undergo the same treatment - just what I have heard. Oh, and the money is coming from the "gold mine" across the road from LPO - the one that has bought all of Lavingtons Premierships.

The emphasis shouldn't be put on Colin Joss, a man who has real passion for his football club, and when able, to help when it might be needed.

Your last 3 lines say it all. Whilst Carroll has been in charge Albury haven't had a champion list, but I would have thought that they may have done a little better than they have delivered. With a good blend of youth and experience and talent, now is the time to start delivering as a coach. If he can't get the most out of this lot, I'd suggest they start looking for someone who can!

I think you will find that albury have been looking, and have already found a new coach for next year.

I think you will find that albury have been looking, and have already found a new coach for next year.

What are everyones thoughts on the Corowa and Yarrawonga game this week?

Personally, I don't think the Pigeons will "sh*t all over them".

In fact, the Roos might take to them like Marty Monster a few years back :D

Go Roos!

p.s. nah........................won't elaborate!!!!!!!!!!

Is it common knowledge that Corey Lambert is coaching Albury next season ? Maybe old hutchy could divulge some info :)

The 'Gun' was the first to post this rumour. Well done GR. And yes it is a done deal that he will coach tigers next year. There's evidence to suggest that he's already coaching them at the moment.

The 'Gun' was the first to post this rumour. Well done GR. And yes it is a done deal that he will coach tigers next year. There's evidence to suggest that he's already coaching them at the moment.

I think Mr Lambert has inter league on his mind - but once thats out of the road he will be trying his best to get his hands on Carrolls white board as quick as he can.

My opinion doesn't count as I played for the tigers 2nd's and a long time ago but for me I'd prefer no lavy or North blokes coaching Albury. Either an X-player from the tiges or someone completely out of the box who might bring some players - where do you find them though!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back