Ovens and Murray

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prior was easily best on Saturday. Just is not real popular with moccassin wearing North Albury people.

Wangaratta will win the flag easy unless cor ruth get the three players from box hill.
Cople that almost came to raiders are reel close to signing.

On the news 2nite,North have said the only place they will clear him to is back 2 SANFL.
A massive decision for the young guy 2 make,stay at North or stand out of footy.
Probably a good example for other young players to not sign at a club for more than 1 season.
Although I dont believe many clubs in the O & M sign too many good players on 1 year terms.

so he's got a very slim chance of getting to jindera? just seems strange that he wants to leave after 1 game

Prior was easily best on Saturday. Just is not real popular with moccassin wearing North Albury people.

Wangaratta will win the flag easy unless cor ruth get the three players from box hill.

what's the goss on c/r and some potential mid season recruits? I heard last night that they might be unveiling a new signing this week v wang, and then i read your post that they are after players from box hill? Any names?

just after anyones thoughts on Mitta joining the ovens&murray???
Looking like another flag this year up in the hills an I think we would give Myrt an the raiders a fair run??:p
the gap in standard between the two leagues is massive. raiders/myrt would simply smash the pants off tdfl's best side. tdfl is bush footy vs om which has to be one in the top half dozen comps in the land. very silly mitta magic!

A different perspective on the Prior discussion. The main reason he gets frustrated & gives away 50s is due to the largely inadequate umpiring displays that see the poor bugger regularly r*ped by opposition backman, as well as the fact that the umpires have him in the gun if he passes comment regarding their inept performances. There have been numerous times this year that there are rules for some regarding what they say to the umps, & a different "Adam Prior" rule which results in a free kick, &/or 50 metre penalty.

And i'd imagine that his teammates are pretty happy to have him on their side, he's a good leader, getting better, & he finally gives them a target to kick after a couple of years of haphazardness.

You can't seriously blame the umpires for one player getting frustrated and giving away 4 50's in a game. Yes, I am an umpire but that doesn't lessen the argument that players should take responsibility for letting their team down through lack of discipline.

Players get paid enough and should take responsibility. The rest of us do in our everyday jobs.

On the news 2nite,North have said the only place they will clear him to is back 2 SANFL.
A massive decision for the young guy 2 make,stay at North or stand out of footy.
Probably a good example for other young players to not sign at a club for more than 1 season.
Although I dont believe many clubs in the O & M sign too many good players on 1 year terms.

you wouldnt know would ya? i think you'd agree that a fair chunk of the 'good' players at o&m clubs are from melbourne or there abouts distance wise, when those players get poached by o&m clubs it is in the clubs best interest and they will do whatever they can, to have the player at the club, whether it be one or even half a year... the good players dictate how long they want to sign for and its a big move for the boys from melbourne to travel up every week so i can guarantee you that the majority, if not all, 'good' players would sign one year based contracts...

obviously being from melb i cant talk about the shirs, twitts, ednies and other handy local boys

Looks like Travis Hodgson's hard ball stratedgy with Joel Mackie is loosing the battle as he has made himself unavailable this week. I reckon it sums up the north albury coach when he's prepared to keep a bloke out of footy for the sake of dollars and a 'contract'. he'd have every right to blow up about it if mackie was going to another O&M club but the bloke just wants to have a kick at his home club.

You can't seriously blame the umpires for one player getting frustrated and giving away 4 50's in a game. Yes, I am an umpire but that doesn't lessen the argument that players should take responsibility for letting their team down through lack of discipline.

Players get paid enough and should take responsibility. The rest of us do in our everyday jobs.

Krusty, did you read what i wrote?
My statement centred around the 'dual rules' that seems to affect some decision making.

Umpires i believe get paid as well, so perhaps they should take some responsibility about getting their decisons & positioning correct in the first place, then there wouldn't be half the level of frustration that there is now.

:thumbsu:
Looks like Travis Hodgson's hard ball stratedgy with Joel Mackie is loosing the battle as he has made himself unavailable this week. I reckon it sums up the north albury coach when he's prepared to keep a bloke out of footy for the sake of dollars and a 'contract'. he'd have every right to blow up about it if mackie was going to another O&M club but the bloke just wants to have a kick at his home club.

Apparently there are a few others at North wanting to move on, so maybe Hodgson has to make a stand otherwise contracts will not be worth the papar they are written on.
Hodgson probably can't afford to do a backflip on this one after his statements in the media, otherwise he will be made to look very silly.:thumbsu:

Come and watch a couple of games he is playing in and then and see why he gets frustrated, and actually he only gave away one 50 not 4 as reported in an earlier post.

All he want's is for the umpires to be consistent which hasn't been happening.

Not that I know too much about the Mackie situation...... but why have a contract if you cant stick to it? Gives you a bit of insight into the shortcomings of the player i reckon. And I would think it is a football club board decision to agree to a clearance (with the coaches input of course if the committee is good) and not soley the coach.

Krusty, did you read what i wrote?
My statement centred around the 'dual rules' that seems to affect some decision making.

Umpires i believe get paid as well, so perhaps they should take some responsibility about getting their decisons & positioning correct in the first place, then there wouldn't be half the level of frustration that there is now.

Yes I did read what you wrote. And it is a shame. Sure some of the umpires at O&M level aren't as fit or able as perhaps they should be.

This is because potential newer, fitter umpires are put off the idea because of your attitude. (Which is the prevailing one throughout the football world).

I won't entertain the idea of 'dual rules'. There is no umpire in the world that would do that. It defeats the purpose and the idea of becoming an umpire in the first place.

Umpires do spend a lot of their time trying to improve. But what do you expect from someone who is paid about 1/10th of what Prior is on per game?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes I did read what you wrote. And it is a shame. Sure some of the umpires at O&M level aren't as fit or able as perhaps they should be.

This is because potential newer, fitter umpires are put off the idea because of your attitude. (Which is the prevailing one throughout the football world).

I won't entertain the idea of 'dual rules'. There is no umpire in the world that would do that. It defeats the purpose and the idea of becoming an umpire in the first place.

Umpires do spend a lot of their time trying to improve. But what do you expect from someone who is paid about 1/10th of what Prior is on per game?

You sound like a very bitter umpire Krsuty123????

Why wouldn't North have the irrits if Mackie has committed to them and the been lured by emotion and $ to Jindera??

Would he have been immediately cleared from SANFL to HFL??? Perhaps he needed the O&M conduit to get out of whatever arrangement he was in over the border.

Maybe someone in the know could fill in the gaps there. Does he really want to play at "home", or is there some other reason that NA doesn't float his boat at the moment?

If it was his whole plan at the outset, it would take a thick & cynical hide to carry it through.
Maybe it's just the fecklessness of youth. :)

If umpirers are on 1/10th of what Prior is on then that is still almost double the average senior player wage. And do you know why players get paid? Because supporters pay money to go watch THE PLAYERS, and not the increasingly self absorbed ego driven umpires.

Too often umpires bring personal emotions into the game and it is reflective in there inability to handle the odd cuss word from a player vented in frustration. Hell it's even to the point were 50's are awarded against players without warning and without swearing.

You wanna talk about a tough job? How about recklessly running into a pack to win a hard ball against 3 opponents for your team and that is expected as the norm. This is a mans game, so officiate accordingly and harden the f*ck up. Grow some skin umpires, seriously. That's why umpires stocks are falling, because you represent the fraternity in an bewildering manner.

Wangaratta will win the flag easy unless cor ruth get the three players from box hill

to use a line from Big Brother....................."I don't think so" :D

Go Roos!

what was your summary of the game flower? from the scores looked like 1 way traffic. who played well, etc

Set up in the first quarter salted peanut.

Roos midfield dominated and gave full use to forwards, who also did the job. Schmidt ended with 7 and Clarky ran rampant. Jake "Rhino" Ryan was great - use of the pill outstanding. Raines the same.

Curtley Ambrose also stepped up and was very strong.

It was more the Roos hit targets and didn't turn it over, which has hurt them in weeks previous.

Another positive is they can still improve...........

Set up in the first quarter salted peanut.

Roos midfield dominated and gave full use to forwards, who also did the job. Schmidt ended with 7 and Clarky ran rampant. Jake "Rhino" Ryan was great - use of the pill outstanding. Raines the same.

Curtley Ambrose also stepped up and was very strong.

It was more the Roos hit targets and didn't turn it over, which has hurt them in weeks previous.

Another positive is they can still improve...........

do you know who was playing on schmidt? i see he kicked a lazy 7. very unusual to see a massive bag of goals kicked against the wang defence.

If umpirers are on 1/10th of what Prior is on then that is still almost double the average senior player wage. And do you know why players get paid? Because supporters pay money to go watch THE PLAYERS, and not the increasingly self absorbed ego driven umpires.

Too often umpires bring personal emotions into the game and it is reflective in there inability to handle the odd cuss word from a player vented in frustration. Hell it's even to the point were 50's are awarded against players without warning and without swearing.

You wanna talk about a tough job? How about recklessly running into a pack to win a hard ball against 3 opponents for your team and that is expected as the norm. This is a mans game, so officiate accordingly and harden the f*ck up. Grow some skin umpires, seriously. That's why umpires stocks are falling, because you represent the fraternity in an bewildering manner.

Great post Voltron. :thumbsu:

wang will still win the flag theyve got about 4 to 5 blokes out and got pelly,jordy soll and also jai canny and maybe hopp there all asome players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back