Ovens and Murray

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scope said:
Mongoose, was reading your comments and I was at the North Albury/Myrtleford match on Saturday, and Fitzpatrick was very good.
He is only small but by god does he go hard, I thought he was there best player.

"Scope" - that's not you is it Fitzy???

Pearce off Jack said:
Sounds like trouble brewing at Corowa with the whole Glenn Joyce saga! Surely there is more to it than a poor attitude!

What's happened. He tried to get a clearance to Finley before the deadline but Corowa knocked it back.

Will he line up for Corowa again this year?

harsh said:
You are a genius.
Raiders knocked over Wangaratta today by two points after being down by 16 mid-way through the final term to win their first game of the season under new coach Adrian Whitehead.
Lavington also rolled Albury by less than a straight kick and Rovers did likewise against Wodonga.
Myrtleford def North Albury as expected.

Was a good weekend for the tips Harsh! Think all favourites will win this weekend though. Did catch the the Myrt game fairly average affair and quite physical. Fitzpatrick did win a heap of the footy in and under Scope. Will have his work cut out for him this week with Murray and Carey out. Interesting to see if Bourke can do as much damage as McMillian did against Raiders on debut:thumbsu:

journeyman said:
What's happened. He tried to get a clearance to Finley before the deadline but Corowa knocked it back.

Will he line up for Corowa again this year?
won't return to corowa,got third clearance "in progress" atm

BonnScott said:
Was a good weekend for the tips Harsh! Think all favourites will win this weekend though. Did catch the the Myrt game fairly average affair and quite physical. Fitzpatrick did win a heap of the footy in and under Scope. Will have his work cut out for him this week with Murray and Carey out. Interesting to see if Bourke can do as much damage as McMillian did against Raiders on debut:thumbsu:

I have seen Fitzpatrick play a few times this year and i can tell you right now that kid can play. i would even put him in the same boat with the likes of carey and murray at myrtleford. It will be interesting to see how Bourke goes. i would not expect to much for his first o m senior game since last week was hist first game for 10 months.

My Top 10 Players after round 13.

Anthony Tucci (Wangaratta Rovers) 58
Dale Carmody (Wangaratta) 57
Kade Stevens (Lavington) 57
Rhys Fitzpatrick (Myrtleford) 49
Matt Witherden (Corowa-Rutherglen) 47
Calan McClay (Albury) 46
Simon McCormick (Wodonga) 45
Brent Piltz (Myrtleford) 44
Trent Crothers (Albury) 43
Brad Horn (North Albury) 43
Adam Williams (Wodonga) 43

Captain Jack Sparrow said:
I have seen Fitzpatrick play a few times this year and i can tell you right now that kid can play. i would even put him in the same boat with the likes of carey and murray at myrtleford.

From what i saw the only thing that doesn't put Fitzpatrick in the same class of B.Murray (because there is a few Murray's at Myrtleford isn't there?) and A.Carey (he has a brother too?) was his disposal, but he defintely finds the footy. The other thing is he probably doesn't have that 'match winning' abilty, although I think Carey stands out above them all at Myrtleford when he's fit. I saw him last year a few times and he was awesome!
But some other people who are closer to Myrtleford might be better judges.
That's what we are lacking at the Hoppers I reckon, a genuine match-winner in the midfield like A.Carey/B.Murray.
Brad Horn has been a good pick up this year for us though.

Scope said:
I have seen Fitzpatrick play a few times this year and i can tell you right now that kid can play. i would even put him in the same boat with the likes of carey and murray at myrtleford.

From what i saw the only thing that doesn't put Fitzpatrick in the same class of B.Murray (because there is a few Murray's at Myrtleford isn't there?) and A.Carey (he has a brother too?) was his disposal, but he defintely finds the footy. The other thing is he probably doesn't have that 'match winning' abilty, although I think Carey stands out above them all at Myrtleford when he's fit. I saw him last year a few times and he was awesome!
But some other people who are closer to Myrtleford might be better judges.
That's what we are lacking at the Hoppers I reckon, a genuine match-winner in the midfield like A.Carey/B.Murray.
Brad Horn has been a good pick up this year for us though.

Spot on about A. Careys match winning abilty I think he is the only one out of the three that has the abilty though, Murray and Fitzpatrick for mine are very similar players. Differing only that Fitzpatrick wins a lot in a close and handballs whilst Murray uses clearing kicks. Very tough engine room at Myrt I think. Horn was good for North too, looked from the weekend Horn and Fitzpatrick had a good contest.

Pretty sure Justin and Andy Carey are brothers? What about the Murrays ?

BonnScott said:
Scope said:
Spot on about A. Careys match winning abilty I think he is the only one out of the three that has the abilty though, Murray and Fitzpatrick for mine are very similar players. Differing only that Fitzpatrick wins a lot in a close and handballs whilst Murray uses clearing kicks. Very tough engine room at Myrt I think. Horn was good for North too, looked from the weekend Horn and Fitzpatrick had a good contest.

Pretty sure Justin and Andy Carey are brothers? What about the Murrays ?
Mark and Hayden both younger brothers of Brad!!

So wat are everyones thoughts on Wodonga this season. i think they have shocked a few people. But are they good enough to go somewhere in september???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So wat are everyones thoughts on Wodonga this season. i think they have shocked a few people. But are they good enough to go somewhere in september???
Dont know how they went against Yarra but i think Myrtleford beat them by 100 points in about rnd 5!

Wodonga have been lucky and have been winning ugly, which is a credit to them from that point of you.
They have won a lot of games by under 2 goals, flip the coin the other way and they could be down with Wang, North Alb, Rovers etc.
Twitt must have them believing a bit, but if they get a couple of injuries they will fall right back to the pack big time. They have had a blessed run.
There 2s are always strong though but they are no match for Yarra and Saints.
Yarra have had a dream run with injuries too, would be interested to see how they react if an Ednie/Hargreaves/Wild went down????

Who has more room for improvement out of Myrtleford and Yarrawonga? Yarra no injuries so far besides a few young fellas like Whinray who has had a shocking run poor fella. Myrtleford have had a terrible run and if all goes well will get stronger and stronger as B Murray returns from his shoulder, Carey gets fit, Bourke gets a few games under his belt etc.

Its going to interesting i think, few people seem to have the premiership at Yarra already.

Pearce off Jack said:
Stag,do you know why he is so determined to leave the club?

The club only tells one side of the story. I believe Glenn Joyce's side is very different.

sharkboy said:
The club only tells one side of the story. I believe Glenn Joyce's side is very different.

Always is two sides to story. What's his version?

Scope said:
Pearce off Jack said:
Oh ok. How do they both go? You don't really hear much about them unlike there brother?
Yeah both very good footballers! Mark is the tallest of the three.Hayden is very vesatile, Mark had a Knee reco last year but is on the come back trail currently in the twos but will probably play seniors again this year!

daisy_train said:
Who has more room for improvement out of Myrtleford and Yarrawonga? Yarra no injuries so far besides a few young fellas like Whinray who has had a shocking run poor fella. Myrtleford have had a terrible run and if all goes well will get stronger and stronger as B Murray returns from his shoulder, Carey gets fit, Bourke gets a few games under his belt etc.

Its going to interesting i think, few people seem to have the premiership at Yarra already.

To be honest i think Myrtleford has been very stiff with injuries this year. Everytime they look to get full strength they get another couple of injuries. But Myrtleford has great depth. They must have some good players running around in the reserves. " Can anyone comment on there depth" The finals series will be very interesting. But i really think it will be out of Yarra and Myrtleford

To be honest i think Myrtleford has been very stiff with injuries this year. Everytime they look to get full strength they get another couple of injuries. But Myrtleford has great depth. They must have some good players running around in the reserves. " Can anyone comment on there depth" The finals series will be very interesting. But i really think it will be out of Yarra and Myrtleford
Spot on Captain Jack! Have had a massive injury list and at one stage had 8 senior players plus another 5 border line players unavailable for about 4-5 weeks as you will see by the drop on the ladder by their 2's!Finally getting a few back and then loose 2 of the best in the league very unlucky.Mcnamara,benstead,nightingale,mark murray,bourke,mercuri,ivone, lewis,mounsey all have senior experience!

Is Hayden the bloke they call Drago or Dracula or something?

arceri said:
Is Hayden the bloke they call Drago or Dracula or something?

his nickname is Daigo because he played soccer for a number of years before taking up footy. was pretty handy with the round ball as well i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back