Ovens and Murray

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys seem pretty quick to jump down the Rovers throat and down mine just for trying to inform people that the hawks won't be a walkover this year. My belief is that we have recruited well and as for money floating around then yes i wont lie that we do pay our players as does every other club in the league. My point is that we dont have large sums of money to offer the elite players around and that most come to the club because they enjoy playing there. Strack moved to Wang and chose to play at Rovers, Bell and Harries are locals and decided to step up the level they play at, Kneebone has returned after schooling to his original club, Hubble returned after a year away playing in Sydney, Christoforo and Nigel Hill both chose to stay at the club despite having to travel 5 hours a w.e to play and having had better offers from clubs much closer to home, and Peter Taylor who lived more than 6 hours away chose to mov to Wangaratta so h could be closer to the club and he was the O&M's best player in interleague in 2005. To top that off can the Panthers boast a player of Matt Allens dedication to their club? Fair enough Kerry Bahr has been a long servant but he falls behind Allen in games and seasons played. Unfortunately for us, we don't have a poking filled club like the Panthers to pump funds into our club or multi million dollar entertainment clubs like the RSL or Ski Club like Yarrawonga does.

And finally no club in country football has produced more 300 game players than the Rovers have which even included 2 seasons in the 90's where the players of the club played as amateurs without pay because of the 300,000 plus dollars we were in debt. Sounds like there are more important things than money for some.

So forgive me if i sense some promise in the club which hasnt had much for a while. And learn to have a bit of pride in your club instead of having a crack at the others!

Interesting you mention Kerry Bahr as he actually had less seasons at Raiders than Matt Allen did at Corowa Rutherglen but do the names;
Darryn McKimmie, Paul Sanson, Brett Sanson, Brandon Mathews, Peter Doherty, John Hunt, Graham Hart, Lachlan Boyd and Todd Brown mean anything to you.

All long term players of the Panthers who could get much, much more money elsewhere.

I love your passion for your club but get your facts right. The Panthers have long operated on possibbly the lowest budget in the competition, certainly since 1999 and yet have won 2 premierships and a copule of preliminary finals in that time.

The other name not mentioned on the list above is Timba who could have gone and recieved very big dollars a few years ago and chose to stay in the Panthers Den for much less than most non playing coaches.

Interesting you mention Kerry Bahr as he actually had less seasons at Raiders than Matt Allen did at Corowa Rutherglen but do the names;
Darryn McKimmie, Paul Sanson, Brett Sanson, Brandon Mathews, Peter Doherty, John Hunt, Graham Hart, Lachlan Boyd and Todd Brown mean anything to you.

All long term players of the Panthers who could get much, much more money elsewhere.

I love your passion for your club but get your facts right. The Panthers have long operated on possibbly the lowest budget in the competition, certainly since 1999 and yet have won 2 premierships and a copule of preliminary finals in that time.

The other name not mentioned on the list above is Timba who could have gone and recieved very big dollars a few years ago and chose to stay in the Panthers Den for much less than most non playing coaches.

Hornie, speaking of facts - to make that statement you must not only know what the Panthers are spending on players, but also what all the other clubs are paying. I don't see how you can know all that. If you do - let us have the facts to back up your wild statement.

LET GO OF IT HORNIE!LAVI WOULD BE NO WHERE NEAR THE SMALLEST BUDGET IN THE O&M.

Following my request for info on Brendan Paull from Albury (who has subsequently signed with St Albans in Geelong), I'm after some info on a mate of his, Jon Thompson, who is apparently keen to join Brendan.

The only info I have is that he's a key defender.....

What age is he ?? What sort of $$ would he command ?? Is he a regular senior player ?? etc. etc.

hate to agree with pearce off, but he's right as if lavi havent been shellin the kanga out for years.as if blokes like mckimmie,sanson bros, browny,doc and co werent gettin paid well do u think they would be hanging around?sure they might be happy where they are, but if they werent getting the right spondoolies i am sure they would of looked else where.what other club could afford those fashionable slacks they wear on game day:)
LET GO OF IT HORNIE!LAVI WOULD BE NO WHERE NEAR THE SMALLEST BUDGET IN THE O&M.

I think you've missed the point in my statement about Kerry Bahr. He I believe is the only recent 300 game player at your club yes? No doubting people like the Sansons, Hunt and McKimmie and their loyalty to the Panthers but how many of them have played 300 or more games for their club may i ask? It is easy for players like them to stick around at a club that has been so succesful in the last decade but how about people like Matt Allen and your Mick Caruso's, Anthony Pasquali's, Robbie Walker's, Mick, Joe and Andrew Wilson's who are only 2-3 years out of the game if not still playing. More than a decade after the Hawks last premiership. And as for the Panthers having the lowest budget then thats ridiculous and you know it. i believe Adam Matthews is back at the Panthers this year? He demanded $1000 a game at his year at the Hawks and i doubt wether he would demand less from the Panthers because he certainly isnt playing out of loyalty otherwise he wouldnt have gone to the Hawks fresh out of the AFL.

Following my request for info on Brendan Paull from Albury (who has subsequently signed with St Albans in Geelong), I'm after some info on a mate of his, Jon Thompson, who is apparently keen to join Brendan.

The only info I have is that he's a key defender.....

What age is he ?? What sort of $$ would he command ?? Is he a regular senior player ?? etc. etc.

25/26 6'2 or 6'3- solid build...needs to be fit to be at his peak...$150-200 a game might be OK, especially that Supersaints are coming from a long way back.

Played a lot of seconds footy at Wodonga, but blossomed at Albury out of his brother Brad's shadow.

A real good fella...if you could get his brother Brad (VCFL rep) then you would be talking $750

But of course you weren't asking for him:D

I think you've missed the point in my statement about Kerry Bahr. He I believe is the only recent 300 game player at your club yes? No doubting people like the Sansons, Hunt and McKimmie and their loyalty to the Panthers but how many of them have played 300 or more games for their club may i ask? It is easy for players like them to stick around at a club that has been so succesful in the last decade but how about people like Matt Allen and your Mick Caruso's, Anthony Pasquali's, Robbie Walker's, Mick, Joe and Andrew Wilson's who are only 2-3 years out of the game if not still playing. More than a decade after the Hawks last premiership. And as for the Panthers having the lowest budget then thats ridiculous and you know it. i believe Adam Matthews is back at the Panthers this year? He demanded $1000 a game at his year at the Hawks and i doubt wether he would demand less from the Panthers because he certainly isnt playing out of loyalty otherwise he wouldnt have gone to the Hawks fresh out of the AFL.
Just on that mckimmie and hunt them two boys have played at that club since they were 16 and 17 respectfully Johnny hunt played something like 164 consecutive games for them bringing his games tally to nearly 200 as for mckimmie he recieved life membership last year a premiership captain both b,f winners and they play for nearly peanuts as do most of the other fellas ever heard of loyalty every one can chase $ but thats the beauty of a succesfull club so do a bit more homework on subjects before rubbish gets on here ..

Hornie, speaking of facts - to make that statement you must not only know what the Panthers are spending on players, but also what all the other clubs are paying. I don't see how you can know all that. If you do - let us have the facts to back up your wild statement.

Perhaps I do but why would I waste that information on you.

They are one of the lowest paying clubs in the O&M this century!!!!

Most certainly not last century in their short life but now.

Amazing the numbers thrown around when people don't know.

Mathews certainly wasn't on anything like that at Rovers and would get considerably less up the highway. Although probably a lot more further up the highway.

Once again the guess work on player payments is amazing.

Mathews certainly wasn't on anything like that at Rovers and would get considerably less up the highway. Although probably a lot more further up the highway.

Once again the guess work on player payments is amazing.
Like your work hornie must be a lavi boy i agree they are one of the lowest paying clubs in last decade prob cause they spent it all back when they were the blues ..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Read on another thread that former Nth Albury player and current Dederang Mt Beauty star, Darren Elliott may be heading to Birrallee Park!

Heard again tonight from different sources that he will be on big money. And he'll be up against former team mates playing for Myrt.

I know for a fact that wang are very selective on who they spend cash on Henry was very big on that when he was there and im sure lappo is also. Im not saying he is not getting good coin but that seems a little high.
Im sure he will be ok with playing against former team mates there are plenty of blokes who swap clubs have a look at the myrt coach.

I know for a fact that wang are very selective on who they spend cash on Henry was very big on that when he was there and im sure lappo is also. Im not saying he is not getting good coin but that seems a little high.
Im sure he will be ok with playing against former team mates there are plenty of blokes who swap clubs have a look at the myrt coach.

Not too sure about that one Bomber. Wang have always payed above what recruits are actually worth and Van Schaik is no exception!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back