Ovens and Murray

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
O&M and Border Mail Websites - Are finally giving us something to read online. Looks like someone has done some movin' and shakin' and had something done about the diabolical state it was in. Plenty of O&M so far this week.

If they are listening. Keep up the Good Work :thumbsu:

i dont no how interested u guys are in 2nds footy but wodonga belted the undefeated albury tigers by 100 points on the weekend with 9 players in the team being eligble for thirds duties that week fair effort by the boys

They certainly did get a touch-up. The Tigers 1s had some injuries to cover, and when you take a couple of the better players out of the 2s to cover them, they looked a bit ordinary, very ordinary in fact. On the positive side, they also played a couple of 3rds players, who went pretty well. Darcy Judd (16 years old) is certainly one who will take the step up to senior level in his stride over the next season or so.

I WAS AT THE GAME ON SUNDAY AND THINGS DID NOT GO TO WELL :confused:
STEAK WOULD HAVE BEEN UNDER A LOT OF PRESSURE AND SOMETIMES IT WOULD NOT HURT FOR THE MEDIA TO JUST BACK OFF FOR JUST A LITTLE, IT WAS NOT ONLY THE MEDIA ALSO NO SUPPORTERS WERE ALLOWED IN THE ROOMS UNTIL STEAK HAD SPOKEN TO THE PLAYERS.
THE COACHING STAFF AND THE PLAYERS NEED THEIR SPACE AND IT IS ONLY FOR A FEW MINUTES, DONT TRY AND INVENT SOME THING THAT IS NOT THERE.
BEWARE THE WOUNDED PIGEON:thumbsu:

Whether things didn't go too well, or they were unbelievably great, it doesn't make a difference - a two to five minute chat is part of the job.
From my experience the standard procedure is OAKFM, like all radio stations and media, do the losing coaches second to give them that extra bit of time to cool down, gather their thoughts and give their opinion on what transpired.
I was listening in via the net and I heard John McNamara from the Rovers interviewed and I can only assume OAKFM went into the Yarrawonga rooms to find Steak soon after.
For him to decline the interview any lockout must have been over.
Unfortunately talking to the media is part and parcel of the job, win or lose.
Supporters, sponsors and people who follow the OM listening in want to know what the coach thinks, particularly the coach of the reigning premiers who has been very co-operative to date.
By not talking only adds to any perception he might be feeling the pinch a bit after a couple of losses.
One of the great strengths of the OM is its first class media coverage and they should be respected whether clubs, coaches, supporters don't always agree with what they say, write or whatever as long as they are balanced and fair, which I reckon they are.
But, it is hard to get balance when you can only talk to one party, though.
Steak is not entitled to any special treatment just because his side has dropped a couple of games.
It goes with the territory and it's not a hard job.

My Top 10 Ovens and Murray players after round 10.

Jacob Ryan (Corowa-Rutherglen) 64
Jon McCormick (Wangaratta) 61
Mark Doolan (Wodonga Raiders) 59
Kade Stevens (Lavington) 57
Xavier Leslie (Yarrawonga) 50
Lance Oswald (Yarrawonga) 49
Brent Piltz (North Albury) 43
Andrew Hill (Wangaratta Rovers) 43
Matt Shir (Wodonga) 43
Ben Beams (Myrtleford) 42
Craig Ednie (Yarrawonga) 42

1. Jacob Ryan (Corowa-Rutherglen) 64
2. Jon McCormick (Wangaratta) 61
3. Mark Doolan (Wodonga Raiders) 59
4. Kade Stevens (Lavington) 57
5. Xavier Leslie (Yarrawonga) 50
6. Lance Oswald (Yarrawonga) 49
7. Brent Piltz (North Albury) 43
7. Andrew Hill (Wangaratta Rovers) 43
7. Matt Shir (Wodonga) 43
10. Ben Beams (Myrtleford) 42
10. Craig Ednie (Yarrawonga) 42
I am a little confused on your voting system? Pls explain? I noticed some rounds the player named second best gets 9 points. Last round Ryan was named third best and he receives four points? Very confused:rolleyes:

I am a little confused on your voting system? Pls explain? I noticed some rounds the player named second best gets 9 points. Last round Ryan was named third best and he receives four points? Very confused:rolleyes:

If the match is a draw - both teams' best five players score 10,8,6,4,2
If the margin is 1-9 points - winners get 10,8,6,4,2; losers get 9,7,5,3,1
If the margin is 10-29 points - winners get 10,9,6,5,2; losers get 8,7,4,3,1
If the margin is 30-59 points - winners get 10,9,8,4,3; losers get 7,6,5,2,1
If the margin is 60-99 points - winners get 10,9,8,7,6; losers get 5,4,3,2,1
If the margin is 100+ points - winners get 10,9,8,7,6,5; losers get 4,3,2,1

If the match is a draw - both teams' best five players score 10,8,6,4,2
If the margin is 1-9 points - winners get 10,8,6,4,2; losers get 9,7,5,3,1
If the margin is 10-29 points - winners get 10,9,6,5,2; losers get 8,7,4,3,1
If the margin is 30-59 points - winners get 10,9,8,4,3; losers get 7,6,5,2,1
If the margin is 60-99 points - winners get 10,9,8,7,6; losers get 5,4,3,2,1
If the margin is 100+ points - winners get 10,9,8,7,6,5; losers get 4,3,2,1
So Ryan really should have recieved 3 points last round not 4 points. His side got beaten by 69 points and he was third best? Looks like you could be making a few errors?

1. Jacob Ryan (Corowa-Rutherglen) 64
2. Jon McCormick (Wangaratta) 61
3. Mark Doolan (Wodonga Raiders) 59
4. Kade Stevens (Lavington) 57
5. Xavier Leslie (Yarrawonga) 50
6. Lance Oswald (Yarrawonga) 49
7. Brent Piltz (North Albury) 43
7. Andrew Hill (Wangaratta Rovers) 43
7. Matt Shir (Wodonga) 43
10. Ben Beams (Myrtleford) 42
10. Craig Ednie (Yarrawonga) 42
Raiders got beaten by 26 points doolan was second best he should have received 7 points should take him from 55 - 62 this round! You gave him 4 points and his tally is now 59? Still a little confused on your method of calculation. You either didn't go to school or you have favourites you want to keep in your little award? Pls advise!:rolleyes:

Raiders got beaten by 26 points doolan was second best he should have received 7 points should take him from 55 - 62 this round! You gave him 4 points and his tally is now 59? Still a little confused on your method of calculation. You either didn't go to school or you have favourites you want to keep in your little award? Pls advise!:rolleyes:

Easy there Nicky.
As far as i'm concerned he does a great job listing this and it obviously takes up a bit of his time.
Seeing you are so handy with stats and don't make mistakes maybe you can start your own ranking system and post it on for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Easy there Nicky.
As far as i'm concerned he does a great job listing this and it obviously takes up a bit of his time.
Seeing you are so handy with stats and don't make mistakes maybe you can start your own ranking system and post it on for us.
Didn't mean to be rude. If your going to have a system in place you would want to make sure your getting it right! Thats all i am saying sorry to be offensive!

Didn't mean to be rude. If your going to have a system in place you would want to make sure your getting it right! Thats all i am saying sorry to be offensive!

It's one thing to point out some mistakes, it's a whole different ball game making it personal and shoving it down his throat!

It's one thing to point out some mistakes, it's a whole different ball game making it personal and shoving it down his throat!

Couldn't agree more. It's a decent little rating system and it's done by a bloke who has a genuine interest in the local comp and footy in general. As with anything there's bound to be a few small errors.
Winmar you're first 2 posts on here shoot down a seasoned regular on big footy. So just relax. The bloke that does it lives in syd and probably has other things to do than double check if he gave everyone the right votes. Although he'll prob do that this week after your little hissy fit.

Cheerz for the support, its good to see some are interested.
Winmar, I checked out both your queries and I can confirm that Ryan was named second best for four points and Doolan was named third best, also for four points.
So my figures stand as correct.

MYRTLEFORD 3.1 10.5 14.8 18.15 (123)
WODONGA RAIDERS 2.3 5.4 10.6 15.7 (97)
Best: MYRTLEFORD: Carey, MacFarlane, Jim Martiniello, Arnold, McIntyre, Joe Martiniello, Fitzpatrick, Barton. WODONGA RAIDERS: Gorupic, Mardling, Doolan, L. Corcoran, Justin Kahlefeldt.

NORTH ALBURY 3.6 6.10 11.15 17.19 (121)
COROWA-RUTHERGLEN 0.1 4.4 4.7 7.11 (53)
Best: NORTH ALBURY: Piltz, Ryan, Prior, R. Hodgson, McLoughlan, Horn, Mackie, Leslie. COROWA-RUTHERGLEN: D. Mills, Ryan, Raines, Robins, Collins.

Final Scores just in:

Yarrawonga 17.10.112 def Lavington 15.13.103
Wangaratta Rovers 8.15.63 def Wodonga 9.6.60
Albury 15.12.102 def Corowa Ruth. 8.8.56
North Albury 24.9.153 def Myrtleford 14.8.92

Final Scores just in:

Yarrawonga 17.10.112 def Lavington 15.13.103
Wangaratta Rovers 8.15.63 def Wodonga 9.6.60
Albury 15.12.102 def Corowa Ruth. 8.8.56
North Albury 24.9.153 def Myrtleford 14.8.92

We're the Wangaratta Rovers and we play in brown and gold
A club made up of champions, tradition known to all

What a turnaround, and proof noone should ever underestimate this mob.

Cheerz for the support, its good to see some are interested.
Winmar, I checked out both your queries and I can confirm that Ryan was named second best for four points and Doolan was named third best, also for four points.
So my figures stand as correct.

MYRTLEFORD 3.1 10.5 14.8 18.15 (123)
WODONGA RAIDERS 2.3 5.4 10.6 15.7 (97)
Best: MYRTLEFORD: Carey, MacFarlane, Jim Martiniello, Arnold, McIntyre, Joe Martiniello, Fitzpatrick, Barton. WODONGA RAIDERS: Gorupic, Mardling, Doolan, L. Corcoran, Justin Kahlefeldt.

NORTH ALBURY 3.6 6.10 11.15 17.19 (121)
COROWA-RUTHERGLEN 0.1 4.4 4.7 7.11 (53)
Best: NORTH ALBURY: Piltz, Ryan, Prior, R. Hodgson, McLoughlan, Horn, Mackie, Leslie. COROWA-RUTHERGLEN: D. Mills, Ryan, Raines, Robins, Collins.

3.1 7.4 4.3 4.7 (18.15) v» Wodonga Raiders 2.3 3.1 5.2 5.1 (15.7) McNamara Oval - Myrtleford 16th June 2.10pm
space.gif

Goals Myrtleford BLAKE ARNOLD 5, JASON MACFARLANE 3, BEN MCINTYRE 2, LANCE BARTON 2, ANDREW CAREY 2, JOSHUA CHAPMAN 1, DYLAN EIFFLER 1, RHYS FITZPATRICK 1, TRAVIS MURRAY 1 Wodonga Raiders MARK DOOLAN 5, PETER COOK 3, XAVIER MARDLING 2, TIMOTHY PRICE 1, ADAM CUSWORTH 1, BRADLEY HIBBERSON 1, JARED KAHLEFELDT 1, JUSTIN KAHLEFELDT 1 Best Myrtleford ANDREW CAREY, JOSEPH MARTINIELLO, JASON MACFARLANE, LANCE BARTON, JAMES MARTINIELLO, RHYS FITZPATRICK Wodonga Raiders JARROD GORUPIC, MARK DOOLAN, PETER COOK, LEIGH CORCORAN, JUSTIN KAHLEFELDT, XAVIER MARDLING

:: Round Name: Round 10 Starting Date: 16/6/2007
space.gif
space.gif
TeamvTeamLocationDate/Time » Corowa Rutherglen 0.1 4.3 0.3 3.4 (7.11) v» North Albury 3.6 3.4 5.4 6.6 (17.20) J.Foord Oval - Corowa 16th June 2.10pm
space.gif

Goals North Albury ADAM PRIOR 6, MATTHEW MURRAY 3, BRENT PILTZ 2, JOEL MACKIE 2, CLINT GILSON 1, BRANDON RYAN 1, CHRIS WILLIS 1, KANE GODDE 1 Corowa Rutherglen JORDAN BRADLEY 2, DUSTIN MILLS 1, AARON ROBINS 1, JACOB RYAN 1, LEE SCHMIDT 1, THOMAS WOODS 1 Best North Albury BRANDON RYAN, ADAM PRIOR, HAYDEN MURRAY, BRENT PILTZ, ROB HODGSON, JOSH MCLOUGHLAN Corowa Rutherglen NICHOLAS RAINES, DUSTIN MILLS, JACOB RYAN, RUSSELL FULTON, KADE KUSCHERT, AARON ROBINS
space.gif

I am guessing you are getting your best from the paper which is fine my apologies! They differ a bit as far as order goes!

No worries. I do receive my best players from The Border Mail.
I used the website best last year and received a lot of criticism about the supposed accuracy of them. Mainly due to the rankings of Anthony Tucci and Calan McClay in the top 10 (nothing against these guys), and moreso due to Luke Carroll being outside the top 100.

No worries. I do receive my best players from The Border Mail.
I used the website best last year and received a lot of criticism about the supposed accuracy of them. Mainly due to the rankings of Anthony Tucci and Calan McClay in the top 10 (nothing against these guys), and moreso due to Luke Carroll being outside the top 100.

Correct me if I'm wrong HII, but aren't the results on the website the official results, and as such the best players are the ones selected by the team's coaching staff. I reckon they would carry more weight than those selected (at times) by journalists/local scribes. No offence to journo's as some of you really no your stuff, but sometimes players that are given jobs to do by their coaches & do them really well, miss out on public acclamation. The downside is that some coaches (as is what probably happened with Carroll last year) don't put themselves in the best players very often. If McClay & Tucci were in the top 10, it just means that their coaching staff were rating them very highly. Once again, no offence, you do a great job.

Correct me if I'm wrong HII, but aren't the results on the website the official results, and as such the best players are the ones selected by the team's coaching staff. I reckon they would carry more weight than those selected (at times) by journalists/local scribes. No offence to journo's as some of you really no your stuff, but sometimes players that are given jobs to do by their coaches & do them really well, miss out on public acclamation. The downside is that some coaches (as is what probably happened with Carroll last year) don't put themselves in the best players very often. If McClay & Tucci were in the top 10, it just means that their coaching staff were rating them very highly. Once again, no offence, you do a great job.

Could not agree more with you. They are the official best players. I think the website best is more accurate and generally speaking correct! The journos the radio station and the paper seem to keep giving votes to players they like even when they have a pretty poor game!:thumbsu:

Which ones do people want me to use?
So far I have two complaints for The Border Mail list versus countless complaints for the website list.
I believe the best players listed by neutral observers to be more accurate. Coaches often fudge their best players in a bid to hide who is playing well from future opposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back