Ovens and Murray

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Roos won about 5 goals or thereabouts.

Injuries - non that I saw.

Good players Wang - Lord (?) was a standout.

Good players Corowa - Collins, Quickdraw McGraw, Mills and Reno after they armwrestled in the rooms before the game....... :)

Ryan better for the run. :D

Pleased to hear that the little man Reno is back on the paddock. Looks like he's set himself for a big year.
Yarra accounted for Echuca easliy. Anyone see the game?

Typical of most on this website, no names. If you have an balls name names or go back to tellwacking!!!!!!! Noticed a lot of Yarra 3rds from last year are going back to former clubs, eg. O'Shea and Shiels, can it be that the coaching staff are not looking after the younger players???:thumbsdown:

The kids don't want to play under this year's 3rds coach. Great appointment as far as the district clubs are concerned!

any other pracy results... who else had one i know albury played aberfeldie rovers and raiders and myrt v mooroopna... i think yarra qont be far off the mark again this year...

a very undermanned wodonga team defeated a almost full strength north albury outfit 11.15 to 9.5 the bulldogs still have Twitt, Bradshaw, Doswell, Svarc, Laracy and Margery to come back into the side which shows they will be right up there again this year whilst i believe north will really struggle

a very undermanned wodonga team defeated a almost full strength north albury outfit 11.15 to 9.5 the bulldogs still have Twitt, Bradshaw, Doswell, Svarc, Laracy and Margery to come back into the side which shows they will be right up there again this year whilst i believe north will really struggle

agree dishies. north in big trouble for 08. going to be a massive slide for them. from GF to bottom 3 i reckon.

who played well for wodonga? agree with you that they seem to be shaping up very strong for 08.

it's interesting twitt didn't play due to illness supposedly but was out on the drink on saturday night, great leadership there

it's interesting twitt didn't play due to illness supposedly but was out on the drink on saturday night, great leadership there

If you did your homework, you would know that the coach in question arrived back from a holiday on the morning of the game, therefore had previously made himself unavailable from what im told. He may be Twitt in surname, but I can assure you, that you have him well and truly covered. Keep up the good investigative reporting Thurgood!!!:eek:

If you did your homework, you would know that the coach in question arrived back from a holiday on the morning of the game, therefore had previously made himself unavailable from what im told. He may be Twitt in surname, but I can assure you, that you have him well and truly covered. Keep up the good investigative reporting Thurgood!!!:eek:

i stand corrected ralphie, like you, i was only going on what i was told.

however, i still reckon it's ordinary that a coach at o and m level would put holidays over the club's first pre-season match, despite how irrelevant some people may think practice matches are.

what sort of message does that send to the young blokes at the club who have been slogging it out since november?

i stand corrected ralphie, like you, i was only going on what i was told.

however, i still reckon it's ordinary that a coach at o and m level would put holidays over the club's first pre-season match, despite how irrelevant some people may think practice matches are.

what sort of message does that send to the young blokes at the club who have been slogging it out since november?

pull your head in thurgood, twitt is a great player, leader and fella...so what if he has a holiday for one measly friggin practice match...sook on mate, sook on...

pull your head in thurgood, twitt is a great player, leader and fella...so what if he has a holiday for one measly friggin practice match...sook on mate, sook on...

look mate, i'm entitled to an opinion, and i reckon it's ordinary.

i have absolutely no doubt there would be other o and m followers out there who think the same.

noone's sookin here except you because your little mate twitty has been criticised.

Twitty was out with a genuine excuse Thurgood. He was not out on the drink and for those of us that know how he goes about his coaching & playing we will NEVER question his leadership. He is a great leader!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

look mate, i'm entitled to an opinion, and i reckon it's ordinary.

i have absolutely no doubt there would be other o and m followers out there who think the same.

noone's sookin here except you because your little mate twitty has been criticised.

Entitled to an opinion when you have enough supporting information to back it up. Otherwise you a deadset goose Thurgood, which I think is the case here............

Don't bag a bloke just for the sake of it. And FYI, I don't even know the bloke (Twitt) from a bar of soap!

I might come on here and stir the pot occasionally, but all in jest and trying to have a little fun.

You are a deadset clown.

Reading in the herald sun the other day and seen the odd's for first coach to get the arse for the 08' season, and typically it was Terry Wallace who was as shorter price favourite as when Anthony Mundine took on the taxi driver last week. I know it doesnt happen in country footy as often but for a bit of humour who would like to throw out a similar thing for the O&M coaches ? Doesnt have to be 100% accurate or serious but surely some would be shorter prices than other ??

Managed to see a bit of Echuca V Yarrawonga just on an hour or so

- John McHenry kicked a few from F/F
- Archibald worked hard but couldn't nail the big grabs
- No. 5 at Full Back gun. repelled all attacks
- No 20 Oswald? Kicked 4 or 5 from half forward
- No. 2 big guy with tatts was terrorising a few Echuca guys didn't see him get much of it but is a big unit
- No 8 Josh Hunt style rebounded everything off half back
- No 14 X
- No 13 wal? had a bit of it and looks the goods
- No 30 didnt play at all when I was there
- Ednie coached from the bench then came on had a big of a scrap with a guy looked like he connected, gave away 50 and took himself off
- Hargraves was the runner and didnt play
- Spoke to one of the players mentioned they have lost a few talls

Myrt V Mooroopna also saw just over 2 quarters of this game

When I arrived it looked as though the Saints were back to last years form, as the cats kicked about 3 in 3 mins before the siren, but after that Beams got stuck into them and they really took over in the next 2 periods. As far as I thought they would have been in front but not certain.

A few observations

Beams didn't play and I didn't see Arnold out there, although there was a guy wearing no. 5 icing up an ankle.

I think it was Cam Purss at CHF and was killing it, huge man with great hands and should provide a strong target up forward. Tony Evans also played up forward and dominated also, monster kick and worked well with Purss/.

Tommy Ivone played out the square presented well but couldn't quite nail them.

Others notibles

Chapman at FB

No 14 Maskell? competed well.

Ruckman No 26 Simmo?? worked well on ball

no. 21 Gabe/Gav?? Blond hair looks like Piltz got plenty in the midfield and didn't shurk a contest and worked well with Fitzy

Fitzpatrick killed them won nearly all contested ball and kept on putting the ball forward.

Ross Cavill No. 10 got plenty of it and looks capable at this level

No6 Long Sleeves took some good grabs up forward and kicked a few guys

McIlroy & T Murray stepping up again. McIlroy kicked a pearler from the boundary

No 28 really short guy about 4ft kicked a couple with decent skills

They had about 7 on the bench and assume it was combined 1's/2's.

Not sure who missed or who is to come back but if they find a another KP backman and on baller they should improve.

Hopefully this provides an insight sorry on names as only know of a few.

Twitty was out with a genuine excuse Thurgood. He was not out on the drink and for those of us that know how he goes about his coaching & playing we will NEVER question his leadership. He is a great leader!

TWIT? Leader? I have never seen anything to suggest he is a player let alone a leader...

Entitled to an opinion when you have enough supporting information to back it up. Otherwise you a deadset goose Thurgood, which I think is the case here............

Don't bag a bloke just for the sake of it. And FYI, I don't even know the bloke (Twitt) from a bar of soap!

I might come on here and stir the pot occasionally, but all in jest and trying to have a little fun.

You are a deadset clown.

if u read my last post you would read that i stood corrected on the point about him being out on the drink, i was only going on what i was told.

as for supporting information, the fact that twitt didn't play/coach on saturday isn't on question because he was away on holidays, i think that's the only thing i said was ordinary if u go back and read my posts.

i'm not just bagging a bloke for the sake of it, simply stating an outsiders opinion on a coach in a league that continually pumps itself up as the premier one outside of the state leagues.

and i bet peter tossol or tim sanson wouldn't miss a practice match because they went on holidays.

i'm not just bagging a bloke for the sake of it, simply stating an outsiders opinion on a coach in a league that continually pumps itself up as the premier one outside of the state leagues.

and i bet peter tossol or tim sanson wouldn't miss a practice match because they went on holidays.

You also have to consider that he may be taking it lightly as he has had injuries over the last few years and is simply managing himself like most other senior players seem to do at clubs...definately not a lack of leadership to not play in a praccy match

You also have to consider that he may be taking it lightly as he has had injuries over the last few years and is simply managing himself like most other senior players seem to do at clubs...definately not a lack of leadership to not play in a praccy match

Its 1 practice match for gods sake.......geez..........

if u read my last post you would read that i stood corrected on the point about him being out on the drink, i was only going on what i was told.

as for supporting information, the fact that twitt didn't play/coach on saturday isn't on question because he was away on holidays, i think that's the only thing i said was ordinary if u go back and read my posts.

Totally agree with that comment. Is it Twitt or Twig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back