Ovens and Murray

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
dont know about any of you blokkes but i think ed clarke is one of the best at the cheap shots but when it comes around to him he goes missing big time, anyone can hit a bloke when they are'nt looking (ednie) it takes somes ball's to stand up after that, i;m a yarra boy , lets see him front up to andy hill next game....

You are a dead set spud. Ednie is well known in th o&m for his consistent cheap shots and whining. I was at the game 2, and clark was responding to ednie cheap shots. Next time bring ur glasses to the game u idiot.

gday switch just wondering did u play last nite or are u just coaching ps any chance of 2bob playing?:D
Think you may have the wrong person Chicken.Didn't go to the game Friday night-only coaching i do is my supercoach team.2bob though from what i hear is well and truly retired.On another note Raiders wern't that far away from Corowa-got within a couple of goals in the final term.

Only the first round has been played so far, so let's fill out the questions below and see who is closest at the end of the season.

Premiers:
Runner-Up:
Wooden Spoon:
Leading Goalkicker:
Morris Medal:
Team that will make finals that didn't make it last year:

Only the first round has been played so far, so let's fill out the questions below and see who is closest at the end of the season.

Premiers:
Runner-Up:
Wooden Spoon:
Leading Goalkicker:
Morris Medal:
Team that will make finals that didn't make it last year:

Premier: Wang Rovers (did what they had to do against bulldogs and didnt seem to get out of 2nd gear... wont get away with that against maggies though but have the class and belief now to get to that next level)

Runners Up: Wangaratta ( i know its probably fairytale stuff with a derby granny but these two teams continue to improve seemingly more than those around them... anything can happen we know that but would be a fair spectacle... crowd prediction?)

Wooden Spoon: Myrtleford ( struggling isnt the word and couldnt get off to a worse start at home especially! havent recruited too well and will be just plodding for most of the season...)

Leading Goalkicker: Cristoforo/Silver/bradshaw (3 way tie...! has it ever been done? the 2 rover boys have started off level pegging and that could happen the whole way through would be a pretty remarkable effort if they could pull it off but last year there were only a few between them with Cristoforo runner up and with more firepower throught the mid field and half forward why couldnt they? As for Bradshaw, he's a class act!)

Morris Medal: Matt Shir (very good midfielder gets a heap of it and is one of few that does something with it most of the time) maybe Andy Hill as a smokey

Finals Team That Didnt Make It Last Year: Lavington ( could be one of the surprise packets for a big part of the year)

Premier: Wang Rovers (did what they had to do against bulldogs and didnt seem to get out of 2nd gear... wont get away with that against maggies though but have the class and belief now to get to that next level)

Runners Up: Wangaratta ( i know its probably fairytale stuff with a derby granny but these two teams continue to improve seemingly more than those around them... anything can happen we know that but would be a fair spectacle... crowd prediction?)

Wooden Spoon: Myrtleford ( struggling isnt the word and couldnt get off to a worse start at home especially! havent recruited too well and will be just plodding for most of the season...)

Leading Goalkicker: Cristoforo/Silver/bradshaw (3 way tie...! has it ever been done? the 2 rover boys have started off level pegging and that could happen the whole way through would be a pretty remarkable effort if they could pull it off but last year there were only a few between them with Cristoforo runner up and with more firepower throught the mid field and half forward why couldnt they? As for Bradshaw, he's a class act!)

Morris Medal: Matt Shir (very good midfielder gets a heap of it and is one of few that does something with it most of the time) maybe Andy Hill as a smokey

Finals Team That Didnt Make It Last Year: Lavington ( could be one of the surprise packets for a big part of the year)

Have to agree with you there TB. An all Wang granny, but i reckon the maggies might get up again in a close one. Predictions below -

Wooden Spoon - Myrtleford. Just haven't got the quality of other sides. Watched them play on the weekend and only 1 stand out. Gabe O'Brien from King Valley was the only one that played tough footy and looked classy. Beams still looks alittle frail.

Leading Goal Kicker - Bradshaw or Henry

Morris Medal - Brandon Ryan. Don't reckon there will be too many blokes take votes off him at North, but they should win enough games for him to poll well. Jamie Allan would have to be up there to you'd think. Shirry aswell

Have to agree with you there TB. An all Wang granny, but i reckon the maggies might get up again in a close one. Predictions below -

Wooden Spoon - Myrtleford. Just haven't got the quality of other sides. Watched them play on the weekend and only 1 stand out. Gabe O'Brien from King Valley was the only one that played tough footy and looked classy. Beams still looks alittle frail.

Morris Medal - Brandon Ryan. Don't reckon there will be too many blokes take votes off him at North, but they should win enough games for him to poll well. Jamie Allan would have to be up there to you'd think. Shirry aswell

Brandon Ryan gets heeps of the ball but is possibly the worst kick i have ever seen.. Good average player!:thumbsdown:

yeh myrt arent going too far in a hurry and i think that O'Brien bloke is another good average player he doesnt seem to do much with it but compared to the rest of the team can look okay not sure if classy is the work though... ugly maybe is though!

Have heard a lot about John Henry as a forward. Can some one perhaps elaborate on where he rates. And how was Yarra's performance on the weekend.

I see both the Thomson boys played head. Daniel Thomson got named best on, which is great. After all he hadnt played footy for a year.

You still playing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see both the Thomson boys played head. Daniel Thomson got named best on, which is great. After all he hadnt played footy for a year.

You still playing?
Super effort by Dan to come off a year's break and make a signifigant contrib in a comp rated higher than what he has previously played.:thumbsu:
Will be helping out when the 2s are short,Boss.Which i'm hoping wont be often.:)

i saw both wang teams play last weekend. Both impressive in their own ways. Rovers clearly sharper at this point in time, and maggies will be better as the year progresses. Having said that, wang still threatened to blow yarra away in the 3rd 1/4 but maybe got a bit tired in the heat. Rovers should win the rnd 2 contest, but their clashes later in the year, and probably in the GF, should be classics. If wang can beat rovers next week, it is hard to see rovers turning the tables later in the year.

jesse smith also ocnfirmed he is going to be a star of the comp, up around 40 touches for wang. and old man henry is showing no signs of slowing down either.

as for the peanut talking about ed clarke and cheap shots, you obviously weren't at the same game i was at. he is a ball player, but even for some blokes enough is enough when you are constantly putting up with the sort of crap ednie dishes out on a regular basis.

Yeah Dickins definately one of the toughest I'd seen...Is he havin a kick anywhere these days??

yeah saw dickins a few times - he is one hard nut! heres a list of country footballers who are hard nuts, that ive seen over the years:-

Andy Carey (om)
Dave Farrel (murray league)
Tim Hargraeves (om)
Carl Dickins (om)
Luke trew (om) (havent seen him play for awhile, but he wouldnt have changed)
simon mccormick (om - underrated hard nut)

Theres plenty more obviously - just a quick list to get started....

yeah saw dickins a few times - he is one hard nut! heres a list of country footballers who are hard nuts, that ive seen over the years:-

Andy Carey (om)
Tim Hargraeves (om)
Carl Dickins (om)

Tim Haregreaves is not a hard nut maybe one of the dirtiest but certainly not in the same League as Dickins & Carey when it comes to being hard.

Andy Carey (om)
Tim Hargraeves (om)
Carl Dickins (om)

Pretty good list - hargraves still hits its hard but yeah sometimes throws a dodgey shot at some but still a hard player.

Good call on dave farrel (murray fl) - was approached by a few om and gv clubs but has stayed at toc. would of been good to see him knock a few over in the om. Trew's brother was also a tough player

Andy Carey (om)
Tim Hargraeves (om)
Carl Dickins (om)

Coming from Wodonga two of the Hardest players i've ever seen and played with would be Nev Nugent and Brad Thompson, both ran straight everytime and always stuck their head over the pill, never wanted to get in their way at training cause they trained how they played.

Andy Carey (om)
Tim Hargraeves (om)
Carl Dickins (om)

I remember watching either the 98 or 99 O&M grandfinal and seeing Geoff Valentine play for the first time. Very hard man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back